Sony matches GPE price, drops C6806 to $450 shipped

Search This thread

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
No, because I'm keeping it in its box until I receive my glass screen protector and install it over Sony's plastic film!

I did take it out of the box to fondle and compare to the $15 Z Ultra dummy that I'd been carrying around to get a feel for the size and weight. Guess what? Both Z Ultras (1 real, 1 dummy) fit in my the pocket of my dress shirt!

Stand straight. Bend at the waist and try to touch your toes with your fingers. Pick up both (1 real, 1 dummy) from the floor [emoji12][emoji13]

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

darocsfinest1

Jan 26, 2007
Upstate New York
Good news for North American buyers. Sony's web store now sells the C6806, new and unlocked, for $449.95 with free ground shipping. Black, white, purple—all colors can be bought for this price.

With the C6833 available from Asia for that price or less, there's no longer a reason to spend more than $450 on the LTE Z Ultra of your choice.

dont forget to sign up for student discounts, i got an extra 10% off for giving my high schools address. a quick $50 off.

Reactions: LordManhattan

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
is there definitely going to be a Z Ultra2 (or Z2 Ultra?).

I get the impression our slab hasn't been a huge seller for Sony, so maybe they'll just carry on with this model and just discount it?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
is there definitely going to be a Z Ultra2 (or Z2 Ultra?).

I get the impression our slab hasn't been a huge seller for Sony, so maybe they'll just carry on with this model and just discount it?

We have no idea, and we have no idea how many Ultras they've sold, but i have a feeling that they've sold quite a few in Asia, and then a little less in Europe and then some GPe's in the US and some C6806 in Canada, but i haven't seen any numbers. Will there be a Ultra 2? Probably. We'll have to wait till around June/July.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the C6806 work on all the correct bands for ATT LTE?

Here's a table I created to compare the frequencies and bands supported by the three leading LTE variants: 6833, C6806, and C6806 GPE.
    Well in Indonesia, Z Ultra now hovers around 6 Million rupiah (around USD 522 with current rates) so the new price is in line i guess. Kinda sad to think that Z Ultra is reaching the 'old toys' status getting to be replaced with Z2 Ultra but anyway, let it convert into Sony sales number :good:

How I wish Malaysia price is also the same. The price here from Sony store is RM1799, which converts to around USD 553
    Have been thinking of getting Z Ultra to be used as tablet for :p
    The problem is which one to get now lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

Definitely C6806 for warranty and both ATT and T-Mobile HSPA and LTE support.
    No issues for me on ATT with LTE. Works great and fast.

Sent from my C6806 using XDA Free mobile app
    Paul that's awesome. Saves a lot of headache and time.
    You're welcome. Anyone is welcome to copy and paste it as a starting point for their own table. Maybe someone can design a better one for a sticky. For example, I've arranged the LTE section's columns in ascending order by bands, not--as some might expect--in ascending order by frequency. I may change that when I get time.

I'll be buying my Z Ultra Google Play Edition from a Craigslist seller in 25 hours for $400 cash. The GPE was a gift and comes in a sealed box. I'll hide the box, so with any luck my wife won't notice I'm using a larger phone. :)

Paul