KK to JB?

Search This thread

eeexplicit

Mar 7, 2013
Hello. I would like to downgrade from KK back to JB. VZ update breaks FOXFI tethering in KK and I really need tethering on my HTC since i have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Kindly point me in the right direction to revert back to JB so I can use foxfi for tethering.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hello. I would like to downgrade from KK back to JB. VZ update breaks FOXFI tethering in KK and I really need tethering on my HTC since i have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Kindly point me in the right direction to revert back to JB so I can use foxfi for tethering.

Sure can.

As long as you are S-OFF.

Just find an RUU of the latest JB OTA before KK came, I think it's 2.10.605.1 but I am not 100%.

Then just delete a few files to rid of the OTA nag.

eeexplicit

Mar 7, 2013
Sure can.

As long as you are S-OFF.

Just find an RUU of the latest JB OTA before KK came, I think it's 2.10.605.1 but I am not 100%.

Then just delete a few files to rid of the OTA nag.

Great, I am s-off. OK, I found PN07IMG_M7_WL_JB_50_VZW_2.10.605.1_DECRYPT.zip. Is this the correct file?

Last edited:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Great, I am s-off. OK, I found PN07IMG_M7_WL_JB_50_VZW_2.10.605.1_DECRYPT.zip. Is this the correct file?

That is it.
Follow these directions carefully.

I am not responsible for any damage or monkeys that come out of your phone.

1) From fastboot you need to first re-lock your bootloader. Use this command:
fastboot oem lock
Then you reboot your device back into bootloader and make sure your device shows relocked or locked on top of the screen. Once you see that move on to #2.

2) Type this command:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
After that you should see black screen with a green HTC logo.

3) Now the file you downloaded please rename it to rom.zip (make sure you have it named correctly, windows can sometime play tricks and you end up renaming it rom.zip.zip)

4) Now, type this command:
fastboot flash zip rom.zip
Let it run the process. You will see this message. "pre hboot 90" if you see that then you need to run the process again (same command: fastboot flash zip rom.zip) and then let it run. It will flush your device at this point and will lose everything on your storage (make note of this and backup anything needed before doing this!). The process should take about 10-20 mins. One it says successful, go to step #5.

5) Type this command in command prompt:
fastboot reboot-bootloader and press enter
Once your at bootloader menu select factory reset and press power button and let it do reset and when it's done your device will reboot and your done. (I am not 100% sure this last step is needed.. you may be able to just reboot the phone without needing to do a factory reset, but I am not positive)

Credit for these instructions go to tommyjoesanders, found in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2634256