[Q] Galaxy S5 Active

Search This thread

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
So I just got the AT&T S5 Active, the best comparison I could find is on GSM Arena, and its the not exact chipset label, slightly different so I'm hesitant to try putting a rom on it.
Any dev's care to try and help me out to figure out if a S5 ROM will work, without actually trying to put one on, and bricking my phone?

I'm not sure how the process works but I'm sure there is a test or something I can run without bricking my phone on a first attempt to put on a rom.

Reactions: Flowin119

chungdae

Jun 18, 2014
I have an S5 Active as well and want to put a custom ROM too. I really like the Xtrestolite ROM.

Reactions: johns86

mxracer8

Jul 7, 2014
I have an S5 Active as well and want to put a custom ROM too. I really like the Xtrestolite ROM.

Hello!!

I have the s5 active, our bootloaders are locked just like the S5 ATT/VZW. You can install safestrap and flash any ROM that will work on the ATT S5 only. Xposed framework works, safestrap works, black theme works " need a few files from the international variant for black dialer/incallui to work right. I left mine stock, rooted via towel root, de bloated all the junk, black themed and Xposed framework tweaks. I just find stuff in the S5 threads and if I like I try lol..

6rey6oose

Sep 22, 2013
Hello!!

I have the s5 active, our bootloaders are locked just like the S5 ATT/VZW. You can install safestrap and flash any ROM that will work on the ATT S5 only. Xposed framework works, safestrap works, black theme works " need a few files from the international variant for black dialer/incallui to work right. I left mine stock, rooted via towel root, de bloated all the junk, black themed and Xposed framework tweaks. I just find stuff in the S5 threads and if I like I try lol..

How about cyanogen? I'm interested in installing something other than TouchWiz.

6rey6oose

Sep 22, 2013
It's alright but I want to be able to install android l when it comes out not two three years down the road when Samsung gets to it. And be able to use Xposed and get my 8 shortcuts back on my lockscreen. The heart rate monitor and the ability to take a double picture and funny noises while unlocking are all cute features but I need functional not cute features. So am I going to have to return my device for a different brand?

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
It's alright but I want to be able to install android l when it comes out not two three years down the road when Samsung gets to it. And be able to use Xposed and get my 8 shortcuts back on my lockscreen. The heart rate monitor and the ability to take a double picture and funny noises while unlocking are all cute features but I need functional not cute features. So am I going to have to return my device for a different brand?

You lost me at, install android...

Sent from here

Reactions: CTXz

cjacks519

Jul 28, 2007
Is there not an official sub-forum/thread anywhere for this phone? I don't have the phone yet but have been searching to find some sort of development to decide if I should buy one. I really like this phone but no development is a deal breaker for me. I know this phone isn't at the top of the popularity list and that's probably why. My interest peaked when towel root made its debut and I've been itching to buy one ever since.

Can anyone else confirm that most/all at&t s5 goodies also work for the s5 active?

Last edited:

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
Is there not an official sub-forum/thread anywhere for this phone? I don't have the phone yet but have been searching to find some sort of development to decide if I should buy one. I really like this phone but no development is a deal breaker for me. I know this phone isn't at the top of the popularity list and that's probably why. My interest peaked when towel root made its debut and I've been itching to buy one ever since.

Can anyone else confirm that most/all at&t s5 goodies also work for the s5 active?

What kind of goodies?
The heart rate monitor, yes.
The finger scan unlock, no. It was part of the water proofing

Sent from here

cjacks519

Jul 28, 2007
Hello!!

These kind of goodies... Just wanted to hear other people's experiences with safestrap...s5 ROMs...etc

Reactions: mattymffine

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
No such thing as s5 active roms supposedly. I haven't been keeping up with the forums for these anymore since this one is about it.
It's good enough of a phone without a rom. Battery life is good, runs great, I just want to debloat this thing of ATT/Samsung crap.

What every happened to the idea of android being open source?

Sent from here

Last edited:

thepktrckt

Feb 19, 2013
A lot of questions being thrown around here.

There is no sub forum for the S5 Active, the request has been submitted but not approved.

You can flash ROMs after you root the phone by following this thread; S5 regular roms will work, just not the active button.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794087

There is at least one specific S5 Active ROM
http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s5/development/rom-koolkit-s5-koolactive-v1-0-0b01-07-t2809957

Download Booster detail is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785410

6rey6oose

Sep 22, 2013
You lost me at, install android...

Sent from here

Android L, or whatever google choose to name any new update, Samsung and at&t take forever to update its phones and they are loaded with stuff I don't want or need. I want google edition on my phone.. Will that ever happen? Touchwiz is OK everyone has there own opinion but I only bought this very expensive device to put alternate Roms on it. Please let me know.. if I can't install slim ROM, google edition, or cm at any point in this devices life I will be returning it.

Android L, or whatever google choose to name any new update, Samsung and at&t take forever to update its phones and they are loaded with stuff I don't want or need. I want google edition on my phone.. Will that ever happen? Touchwiz is OK everyone has there own opinion but I only bought this very expensive device to put alternate Roms on it. Please let me know.. if I can't install slim ROM, google edition, or cm at any point in this devices life I will be returning it.

You better return it then. Our phones have a locked bootloader. Locked bootloader means no kernel which means no alternative roms that don't use the stock touchwiz kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello!!

Bump!

Anyone else on here have a S5 Active that would like to know the same?
    A lot of questions being thrown around here.

There is no sub forum for the S5 Active, the request has been submitted but not approved.

You can flash ROMs after you root the phone by following this thread; S5 regular roms will work, just not the active button.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794087

There is at least one specific S5 Active ROM
    http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s5/development/rom-koolkit-s5-koolactive-v1-0-0b01-07-t2809957

Download Booster detail is here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785410
    yes! for the active

I'd love a rom for the S5 Active, i love mine and want more customization, maybe by CM
    Always loved the CM ROMS!
    No such thing as s5 active roms supposedly. I haven't been keeping up with the forums for these anymore since this one is about it.
    It's good enough of a phone without a rom. Battery life is good, runs great, I just want to debloat this thing of ATT/Samsung crap.

What every happened to the idea of android being open source?

Sent from here