[FIX] Spotify in Landscape mode

Search This thread

gardndj

Aug 1, 2008
Milwaukee
I tried an app I found called orientation control with the new preview. Locking my phone in landscape it seems that the entire interface works perfectly. However when I try to access the now playing screen I get a FC, so it appears as of now it's not an option. I'll be curious to try it with a later release.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

nico3838

Apr 4, 2012
Grenoble
the new version (spotify v5) don't work in landscape mode ?

I can't open it with APK EDIT, I've a error when I open the APK

ps:
Change the following value: "nosensor" to "sensor". All of them

I change nosensor to "user", is better ! rotation can be disabled by notification bar ^^

nico3838

Apr 4, 2012
Grenoble
WHY WHY WHY spotify does not include the landscape mode ? ô_Ô

I used the app named Set Orientation (Free) to lock landscape mode
I run spotify...
and it's prefectly usable !!
Work without problem, just 1 dialog don't work : "Listening" (à l'écoute in french)

I take 4 screens :

Last edited:

CubicTom

Jun 30, 2012
Frankfurt
WHY WHY WHY spotify does not include the landscape mode ? ô_Ô

I used the app named Set Orientation (Free) to lock landscape mode
I run spotify...
and it's prefectly usable !!
Work without problem, just 1 dialog don't work : "Listening" (à l'écoute in french)

I take 4 screens :

It's not usable for me: The "Now Playing" tab is not accessible in landscape.

Mithent

Feb 3, 2009
I've edited Spotify 0.5.1.15 to use landscape mode without having to force it with other apps. Same issue as before in that "Now Playing" mode doesn't work unless you rotate to portrait, though.

Attachments

• spotify-0.5.1.15-landscape.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 156
Reactions: nico3838

nico3838

Apr 4, 2012
Grenoble
I've send an e-mail to spotify for integrated autorotate to the android app

the response :
Je vous remercie d'avoir pris le temps d'écrire avec des idées/feedback.

Nous avons eu d'autres utilisateurs demander si il y avait une possibilité que cela se produise et nous avons mis cela sur le conseil idée si avec plus de clients exigeants cela, il ya une chance que cela pourrait être développé et intégré dans l'application Spotify pour Android dans le futur.

if many people send an email, Spotify integrate this function.

mardiie

Aug 9, 2010
Thanks for the APK it works flawlessly on my TF201 prime.
Can access everything from landscape so also the Now Playing screen.
Epic!

Reactions: davey08

farris

Feb 11, 2008
How to make the newest version in landscape format?

I don't want to use Orientation Locker everytime.. but I don't know how to edit the apk..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am pleased to try it :)

Just curious, how have you done that?

Decompilation, copied some of the layout files to layout-land, switched some stuff about, etc :p

Attached. This has only been tested on my HTC one X, so it could look a bit wonky on other devices, so let me know!
    Here is a fix to allow Spotify to change to Portrait/Landscape based on the phones orientation
    (Cant beleive Spotify doesnt have this feature:eek:)

Donwload the latest Spotify APK
    http://www.spotify.com/wp-content/uploads/android/0.4.08/SpotifyAndroid.apk

(This fix applies for the ver .08 as the changed values are different dep. on version.)

Download APKEdit (Thx "whiskeybro", hope this is ok with you)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=10157000

Open SpotifyAndroid.APK in the editor, go to the "Content" tab and at the bottom there are folders and files, Rightclick on "AndroidManifest" and choose "Edit"

Change the following value: "nosensor" to "sensor". All of them
    Delete the string "a:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation"". There is only one.

Save the file and close notepad, Click "Apply" in APKEdit.
    (APKEdit may hang here, let it work and it should have created a new APK, saving the old as .backup)

Install the new APK

Ive noticed a bug during the initial login and changing orientation.
    Do it in Portrait mode and let it load your data before changing orientation.
    Otherwise it works fine in landscape (lists, play, search, artist info etz)

Latest version with FIX (version 0.4.9.181)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XNXXV9EY
    Tested only on Nexus S, hope this works on other phones, it should
    Attached is v0.5.2.87 with landscape support.
    That's not a big problem in fact. I will use Directory Bind for the sdCard.

By the way, it would be great to know/find where spotify stores the path to its data directory. If it's just stored in a text file, it would be really easy to update manually, without the need to install the old apk, or mess up with directory bind.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Found it by myself !

it's in /data/user/0/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/shared_prefs/spotify_preferences.xml
    I don't know if this file can easily be edited, I might give it a try today.

Just tested with a clean spotify installation and it works (uninstalled App, deleted Data from both internal storage and external storage, then reinstalled from market, login, synced a few pl).

So here is the "how-to move spotify data to sd without the old spotify apk" :
    Req :
    - Spotify !
    - SdCard !
    - Root (sorry ...)

1 - Make sure Spotify isn't running, if not, terminate it (Settings\manage Apps\Spotify\Force Close)
    2 - On your extSdCard create a /Spotify folder
    3 - On your extSdCard create an Android Folder in /Spotify
    4 - On your extSdCard create a data Folder in /Spotify/Android
    5 - From your internal Storage, move Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui to your extSdCard in /Spotify/Android/data/
    6 - With a file explorer that has root capabilities, edit this file (you will have to mount / rw):
    /data/user/0/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/shared_prefs/spotify_preferences.xml
    7 - just after <map> insert this :
    <string name="storage_location">/storage/extSdCard/Spotify</string>
    Warning, this is for a GNote2, the pass to external sdcard storage might be different on other devices. If this is your case, replace /storage/extSdCard by the appropriate path
    8 - save the file
    9 - Start Spotify.
    10 - Login
    11 - Enjoy
    For some reasons, it will ask you to re login, but that's all good. You will find your sync playlists and no data will be redownloaded
    Hi everyone,

I have taken this mod a little further to better suit my car set up. It is using the latest spotify.

The album art is much larger. I have removed the skip buttons (because a swipe works to go forwards and backwards). I have also removed the thumbs up and down from radio.

I think it looks way better. If you would like it let me know and I'll add it.

edit: apk 2 posts below