Q? One x on T-Mobile?

Search This thread

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
The only speeds you'll be able to pick up on T-Mobile with the One X will be Edge. Since the One X doesn't have T-Mobiles 3G data bands. Unless you are some on the few lucky cities that has the newly updated T-Mobile towers with the same 3G bands as AT&T.

Reactions: chanman23

chanman23

Dec 18, 2010
Dearborn MI
The only speeds you'll be able to pick up on T-Mobile with the One X will be Edge. Since the One X doesn't have T-Mobiles 3G data bands. Unless you are some on the few lucky cities that has the newly updated T-Mobile towers with the same 3G bands as AT&T.

Is there a way to check where the new updated bands are? Also is there any version of the one x at all that gets at least T-Mobile 3g?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
Is there a way to check where the new updated bands are? Also is there any version of the one x at all that gets at least T-Mobile 3g?

As far as I've heard there are a few cities in California that have been upgraded there might be a thread on here about I know tmobile plans on having the upgrade completely finished by early 2013, and as for OneXs being compatible some are saying that the OneXL is compatible with T-Mobiles 700/1900 AWS band but it will take some configuring with the radio for it to work.

Reactions: chanman23

denny1514

Dec 30, 2010
Fairfax, VA
is this whats causing my problem?

i have the one x international version and i can't get any data..i put the t-mobile APN configuration in and no cigar..would this be whats causing the issue?

Last edited:

recondo1202

Oct 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Heads up if you are currently using the HTC One X on TMO but are considering switching to Straight Talk.

I just purchased their $45 plan plus paid the $15 for the ATT Micro SIM and am not able to get connected to Straight Talk. As others have mentioned, their CS does not know what they are doing, i.e.: The CS rep told me he needed to transfer me to the correct department and I asked what department that was and his comment was "our Department that handles ATT Micro SIM issues using a Non Straight Talk phone"

So if you are considering this don't cancel your TMO account immediately...

Good luck...oh and by the way, this phone is SWEEEEEEEEET!!!

djdant

Nov 18, 2007
Elk Grove, Ca
So even the global one won't get 4g or H speeds on t-mobile? isnt it different from the Att version band wise? I am thinkin about getting this or One s

sapplegater

Apr 26, 2011
Florence, KY
So even the global one won't get 4g or H speeds on t-mobile? isnt it different from the Att version band wise? I am thinkin about getting this or One s

Nope the global one won't get tmobile speeds cause it only have the upload band for tmobiles 4G and not the download for it to work on tmobile it has to have the 1700/2100 AWS band. And the main difference band wise on the the international version and AT&T XL is that the international lacks a LTE card.

deanfarnaby

Jun 25, 2011
Teesside Tin-Hed's

Wow - this sucks.

What band are they using?

My One X Supports
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

|=>AmuzZ<=|

Jun 24, 2011
Moshi
hey guys i jus got my HOX and i don now but my internet is jus workin with Edge it doesn go to Hsdpa. my previous HTC EVO 3D was wrkin very fine with Hsdpa? any idea is thr a settin somewer ????

:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What data speeds does the one x get on T-Mobile.

As far as I've heard there are a few cities in California that have been upgraded there might be a thread on here about I know tmobile plans on having the upgrade completely finished by early 2013, and as for OneXs being compatible some are saying that the OneXL is compatible with T-Mobiles 700/1900 AWS band but it will take some configuring with the radio for it to work.
    He's probably roaming on AT&T's 1900mhz
    my Titan worked just fine, i didn't have to buy a extra data plan for it. so the only way it would work if i buy a separate data package?

What? The phone DOES NOT have the necessary radio bands to get 3G on T-Mobile in the US. It never will have them. If you want 3G on T-Mobile in the US you need a hotspot, or to be in a few areas in California/Colorado that have 1900mhz as the 3G frequency. Everywhere else you will ONLY get 2G.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Does anybody have an unlocked One X and using it on T-Mobile? If so are you having problems with the SIM card saying No SIM Card Found? My One X will not read my SIM card. Weird thing is, it says I'm connected to T-Mobile in the status bar and gives me voice service but will not give me data service. I tried to manually put in the APN Settings and it won't save them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need an older T-Mobile sim card. It is called a Non-GBA sim card. It comes with the older 21mbps hotspots as well as the Lumia 710. I had this same issue and the store I went to had no idea wtf I was talking about. I was buying a hotspot as well at the time so I tried the sim that came with it and it was one of the older ones, and it lets me access 2G.

The numbers on the front of the sim read 50.01.

The card that you cut the sim out from does NOT have people on it. Look around at a few stores, and if you have to ask for the hotspot that gets 21mbps and try if you can have them give you the sim from the box.