Faulty Screen or tegra? Update: back from repair

Search This thread

zippyijk

Apr 19, 2010
Dublin
OnePlus Open
My One X started acting up a few days ago, mobile data signal got really bad...never better than GPRS!
Then a couple of days ago the screen started doing funny things like as if it was a monitor displaying the wrong resolution. The screen started locking up for anything from a few second to a few minutes, it would wrap over itself...the bottom of the screen would appear on the top when scrolling. When the screen goes off sometimes it won't come back on. The 3 buttons on the bottom light up and the volume works but no display. I also got a few calls where it rings but I can't answer because the screen doesn't come on.

Anyone heard of this behaviour before? Do you think its a screen problem or a processor problem?

Last thing, I guess its going to have to go back to HTC but I'm running ARHD 6.4 now (was on 6.1 when it started but updated to see if it would fix it, it didn't) how do I go about putting it back to factory before I sent it back. I'd assume I need to relock it and install an original RUU??

Last edited:

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
My One X started acting up a few days ago, mobile data signal got really bad...never better than GPRS!
Then a couple of days ago the screen started doing funny things like as if it was a monitor displaying the wrong resolution. The screen started locking up for anything from a few second to a few minutes, it would wrap over itself...the bottom of the screen would appear on the top when scrolling. When the screen goes off sometimes it won't come back on. The 3 buttons on the bottom light up and the volume works but no display. I also got a few calls where it rings but I can't answer because the screen doesn't come on.

Anyone heard of this behaviour before? Do you think its a screen problem or a processor problem?

Last thing, I guess its going to have to go back to HTC but I'm running ARHD 6.4 now (was on 6.1 when it started but updated to see if it would fix it, it didn't) how do I go about putting it back to factory before I sent it back. I'd assume I need to relock it and install an original RUU??

update the rom :D there is already arhd 9.4.1 out ;) and it's better then anything else plus faux latest kernel *_*

death__machine

May 6, 2012
Dubai
Try updating first, then if the problems persist you can send it to htc. There are guides to make it stock i.e relock and flash ruu

zippyijk

Apr 19, 2010
Dublin
OnePlus Open
As I said in the original post I had the problems in ARHD 6.1 so tried ARHD 6.4.1 and still the same.
I decided to go back to stock to send it back for repair.

I've been following a couple of guides from here, unfortunately now stuck when trying to load the RUU with ERROR [131]: CUSTOMER ID ERROR
I'm assuming this is because I'm flashing a different RUU than the original on the phone, original is H3G_001??
PS I'm trying to install RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.9_Radio_1.1204.103.14_release_256469_signed.exe

Last edited:

zippyijk

Apr 19, 2010
Dublin
OnePlus Open
Well I loaded one of the H3G UK RUUs and that installed, got an OTA update to 2.17.771.3 after that.
Still not fixed though, getting groups of pixels going mad too. Screen won't come back on after sleep, volume rocker works and everything seems to be running in the background. Will be sending it back on monday.

zippyijk

Apr 19, 2010
Dublin
OnePlus Open
Update!

UPS arrived unexpectedly this morning. HTCs tracking still says the phone isn't even there with them yet :)
The casing is my original but the screen is new and the imei is different so i assume they replaced the internals?

My phone was relocked when i sent it back but they still repaired it. Now the phone is locked and a few changes in the bootloader details....

BEFORE:
*** RELOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.94.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-1.1204.103.14H
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Sercure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
Apr 11 2012,02:27:11

AFTER REPAIR:
*** LOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-None
eMMC-bootmode: disabled
CPU-bootmode: disabled
HW Sercure boot: enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
Jun 28 2012,11:31:28

Anyone know why Radio is down as None?

Anyway everything is working well again. Just need to unlock again and put ARHD back on again :)

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
No Radio version ? maybe a null radio was flashed to allow you to upgrade to any radio after that :S

zippyijk

Apr 19, 2010
Dublin
OnePlus Open
No Radio version ? maybe a null radio was flashed to allow you to upgrade to any radio after that :S

I've finished setting it back up again running ARHD 9.7 thank god for titanium backup :)
Checked the bootloader again and still have 'None' down for the radio :confused:

Edit: here's a mr. blurrycam pic of it taken with my nexus 7 front camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20120919_180028.jpg
    IMG_20120919_180028.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: