[Q] Rendering images: memory or display problem?

Search This thread

ruvasky

May 13, 2010
Wetteren
Hi there,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) as well as the earlier model (N8000).
When I browse to certain websites that are using changing background images (like http://www.belvicci.com/) the background is changing very smoothly on the N8000 ("old" Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1), while on the "new" Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) the background is changing with "blocks", not smooth at all.

I tested this on more than one device and in all kind of browsers, with Chrome I still have an "acceptable" result, but all others (stock browser, Dolphin, ...) the reults are always the same: ugly blocked background-change on the 2014 model, nice and smooth background-change on the older model...

Does anyone has an explenation for this phenomenon? And what's more: does anybody know how to solve it?

I'm running stock Android on all models by the way, 4.1.2 on the older tablets and 4.3 on the 2014 model.

Thanks in advance.
RuVaSky

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Hi there,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) as well as the earlier model (N8000).
When I browse to certain websites that are using changing background images (like http://www.belvicci.com/) the background is changing very smoothly on the N8000 ("old" Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1), while on the "new" Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) the background is changing with "blocks", not smooth at all.

I tested this on more than one device and in all kind of browsers, with Chrome I still have an "acceptable" result, but all others (stock browser, Dolphin, ...) the reults are always the same: ugly blocked background-change on the 2014 model, nice and smooth background-change on the older model...

Does anyone has an explenation for this phenomenon? And what's more: does anybody know how to solve it?

I'm running stock Android on all models by the way, 4.1.2 on the older tablets and 4.3 on the 2014 model.

Thanks in advance.
RuVaSky

Hi,

I just tested the website you gave. You are right, Dolphin is not smooth but I found Chrome to be very smooth when changing images, not sure why though. Try doing this in chrome browser:

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/themes-apps/speed-chrome-android-tweak-t2706830

That may help

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
I have just visited the site with my p600 and UC Browser and the background images are super smooth changing

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

ruvasky

May 13, 2010
Wetteren
Almost only in Dolphin on P6 P600

In Chrome the transition effect in between the changing images is smooth on all devices, no problem there. In stock browser, there is almost no transition, the images are just changing almost instantly from one to another. In Dolphin the screen shows some "ugly jumping blocks" between the images, almost as if the device has not enough memory to render everything as it's supposed to.
First I thought this problem was Dolphin-related since Chrome did well on the same device, but then I started testing a bit further. On my "old" Note (N 8000) there was no problem at all with this websites background, in any of the browsers. So I took my son's Note (N 8010) with same result: everything went very smooth, also in Dolphin browser.
So l could only conclude it was related to the device : in stock browser on the P600 the transition effect is not shown 100% as it should and in Dolphin it's screwed up completely.
Problem is I like Dolphin very much, besides it has very nice features its the only browser that allows me to browse full screen without there's any bar (toolbar, addressbar,...) on top. So it would be a bummer if I have to change browser, depending on the website l plan to visit...

RuVaSky