USB OTG sdcard limitations?

Search This thread

ValleyFly

Jan 20, 2014
BFE, Ohio
USB OTG sdcard limitations

Does anyone have any idea the limits of sdcard size and speed on the Nexus 10?
I want to purchase a 64 to 128gig stick to backup device then synch stick to pc

Sent from my nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

When using my 4 GB to copy files from/to my Nexus I'm getting more or less 10-15MB/s, sometimes a bit more. The file size limitations comes with the partitioning, FAT limits it to 4GB file.

~Lord

ValleyFly

Jan 20, 2014
BFE, Ohio
Actually I'm wondering if the Nexus 10 will handle a 256gb stick... Right now I'm using only 8gb

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Actually I'm wondering if the Nexus 10 will handle a 256gb stick... Right now I'm using only 8gb

Hi,

Oh, sorry but I can't tell you it... As I don't have a 256GB stick. Maybe you can check if a friend has and then testing it ;). Although, I don't belive there'll be major issues, as long as you keep the FAT32 formatting.

~Lord

"Dream On! Dream Until Your Dreams Come True!" - Dream On (Aerosmith)

Sent from my GT-I9505

dadaz007

Feb 6, 2012
Morteau
Google Pixel 6
I use an 250Gb usb ssd formated in exFat. It work quite well, it just unmounts itself sometimes.

ExFat permits to have files greater than 4Gb but it's not supported by all ROM. CM11 support it. You can also format your stick in NTFS.

ValleyFly

Jan 20, 2014
BFE, Ohio
Sticks that big are still pretty costly but worth it for backing up a tablet?
Thanks for the info.

texascwby1836

Jul 20, 2014
I use an 250Gb usb ssd formated in exFat. It work quite well, it just unmounts itself sometimes.

ExFat permits to have files greater than 4Gb but it's not supported by all ROM. CM11 support it. You can also format your stick in NTFS.

ext4 should work fine for the file system. If you have busybox installed you should also have mkfs.ext2, vfat, minix and mkdosfs --- if you want to put different filesystems on it from the tablet.

uDude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.