[q] any flash browser's for wp7

Search This thread

NEDSTER1972

Dec 5, 2009
Gateshead
Hello.
Is there any flash browser's out yet for wp7 ie: Skyfire before they dropped winmo (twats).
I used uzard for a bit on 6.5 but was nowhere near as good as skyfire.
Also will myplayer be released for wp7 as that was another great app on hd2 6.5.

Cheers nedster

NEDSTER1972

Dec 5, 2009
Gateshead
no sorry dude not until yet

flash and html5 is only supportetd until the february update...

will this update kill chevron etc on hd2 or will hd2 users be able to update without fear of bricking or blocking wp7 on hd2.
if hd2 will be fine after update i can't wait for february.
i miss live streaming, tvcatchup & myplayer.
Bring It On.
Please :)

Cheers

May 9, 2010
will this update kill chevron etc on hd2
no chevron after update...
or will hd2 users be able to update without fear of bricking or blocking wp7 on hd2.
if hd2 will be fine after update i can't wait for february.
i miss live streaming, tvcatchup & myplayer.
Bring It On.
Please :)

Cheers
nobody knows if you can brick or block your device with the upcoming update...i think its no problem to update, many others think different.

P$YCH0

Aug 14, 2010

nobody knows if you can brick or block your device with the upcoming update...i think its no problem to update, many others think different.

I'm with you on this one.

Think about it people, there are many different models from different hardware vendors, Microsoft won't be stupid enough to touch individual drivers used to run hardware, they will only update the software on top (the one we are already using) so I believe it will work just fine.

That is unless they've teamed up with HTC and decided to change the device identification system and ban a couple of thousand HD2 users. Not a likely scenario as it would simply be too much hassle (work).

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
Cotulla and Bepe tweaked and rewrote drivers to get the HD7 able to run WP7. We are also spoofing our devices to appear as HD7s to MS. If we do get a pushed update, and that update replaces any of those tweaked drivers, our devices will stop functioning or have broken functionality...

The HD7 is similar to the HD2, but it's not the same device with a different OS.

jzack

Oct 7, 2010
i believe it wont brick ur device.. cuz microsoft cant even detect that u are using hd2.. even the hd2 think that he is hd7.. lol.. unless u already said that u are using hd2 when asking for genuine key to access live service!! but i guess they will only block the key.. they wont brick it >.<

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
i believe it wont brick ur device.. cuz microsoft cant even detect that u are using hd2.. even the hd2 think that he is hd7.. lol.. unless u already said that u are using hd2 when asking for genuine key to access live service!! but i guess they will only block the key.. they wont brick it >.<

I didn't mention bricking...

We have a modified image that allows usage of the HD2 Wifi, GPS, Display, BT, Touchscreen, etc. It is not a stock HD7 ROM. If/when MS makes the update available, if it touches those tweaked drivers, it will likely break that functionality on the HD2.

We will need a new image rolled from the new source, if it does touch the tweaked drivers. You can't load any HTC WP7 build on the HD2, and expect it to work. It has to be specific to the device. We do not have a HD7, but we trick MS into thinking we have a HD7 for the purpose of making applications work (not drivers).

P$YCH0

Aug 14, 2010
I didn't mention bricking...

We have a modified image that allows usage of the HD2 Wifi, GPS, Display, BT, Touchscreen, etc. It is not a stock HD7 ROM. If/when MS makes the update available, if it touches those tweaked drivers, it will likely break that functionality on the HD2.

We will need a new image rolled from the new source, if it does touch the tweaked drivers. You can't load any HTC WP7 build on the HD2, and expect it to work. It has to be specific to the device. We do not have a HD7, but we trick MS into thinking we have a HD7 for the purpose of making applications work (not drivers).

As I said before, HD7 is NOT the ONLY windows phone 7 smartphone. Why would an OS update touch any drivers? Different phones use different chips and components and require different drivers so Microsoft would have to use a LOT of resources to cover all (or most) of the phones and each model would get a different SW update.

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
As I said before, HD7 is NOT the ONLY windows phone 7 smartphone. Why would an OS update touch any drivers? Different phones use different chips and components and require different drivers so Microsoft would have to use a LOT of resources to cover all (or most) of the phones and each model would get a different SW update.

Name a multi-hardware phone OS that has ever released a substantial one-size-fits-all OS update before, please. They get rolled out by device. There's a reason for that. The device manufacturers need to validate that the update doesn't cause problems for each of their devices.

Do you really think all Bepe and Cotulla did was to get WP7 to boot, and everything was hunky dory, and it will never need further optimization?

Finalforce1111

Jan 11, 2009
Not far away

I'm with you on this one.

Think about it people, there are many different models from different hardware vendors, Microsoft won't be stupid enough to touch individual drivers used to run hardware, they will only update the software on top (the one we are already using) so I believe it will work just fine.

That is unless they've teamed up with HTC and decided to change the device identification system and ban a couple of thousand HD2 users. Not a likely scenario as it would simply be too much hassle (work).

Cotulla and Bepe tweaked and rewrote drivers to get the HD7 able to run WP7. We are also spoofing our devices to appear as HD7s to MS. If we do get a pushed update, and that update replaces any of those tweaked drivers, our devices will stop functioning or have broken functionality...

The HD7 is similar to the HD2, but it's not the same device with a different OS.

It will definetly not work, in other threads there are a lot of people trying to update to the 7008 version (smaller update not NoDo).
The result is that it don't works.
The device don't takes any damage, there is only a registry error what appears what tells you that the device wasn't updated. That's all.

NO Damage, No Blocking etc...
Feel fry to try it but I can guarantee you that it will definetly not work.

As conclusion mostly people think that the update checks the phones registry and if the hardware is not EXACTLY the same as the HD7, then the update will not be made.
It's anyhow a small update what only prepares the updating software of WP7 to get ready for better receiving future updates.

jemaho

Apr 7, 2009
Waregem
as he said, when you'll try the update, it will simply stop with an error result stating that the integrity of your registry has been altered. So I guess that only if Cotulla comes with a new base rom that includes the preNoDo and future updates, you will all get stuck with a truncated 7004 build.