Available storage on 32GB model?

Search This thread

arvinchugh

Aug 5, 2007
I just got my nexus 5, Absolutely love it :) Only thing which is bothering me is I'm getting 26.2 gb available memory which doesn't make no sense. That's 6 gb less that 32gb -_- is this normal or not? If not what steps shall can I do to recover rest of memory..

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
I just got my nexus 5, Absolutely love it :) Only thing which is bothering me is I'm getting 26.2 gb available memory which doesn't make no sense. That's 6 gb less that 32gb -_- is this normal or not? If not what steps shall can I do to recover rest of memory..

yes, it is the way it is formatted. everything is like that. even your PC hard drive. 1tb hard drive is more like 980gb i think..

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
yes, it is the way it is formatted. everything is like that. even your PC hard drive. 1tb hard drive is more like 980gb i think..

It's nothing to do with formatting. Its just maths as explained later in in the link I provided.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ

It's nothing to do with formatting. Its just maths as explained later in in the link I provided.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

yea, i was going to edit my post to add the math part but i saw others posted that info. :) I never liked the way hard drives are advertised. confuses people who don't know the math part.

Reactions: danarama

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Its just another way to sell less for more.

Its like selling a 200mph supercar, but 1 mile = 1200 metres.

I'd rather buy a 931 GB hdd than a "1 TB" hdd.

Then again.... its really 931 GiB vs 1 TB cause the feckers stole the name too

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2534010

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

yea, i was going to edit my post to add the math part but i saw others posted that info. :) I never liked the way hard drives are advertised. confuses people who don't know the math part.