Z1s YouTube issues, anyone?

Search This thread

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I just recently got my xperia Z1s and it's also my first Sony phone period. I'm really enjoying it but all of a sudden my YouTube videos play about half way through then stop and go back to the beginning again? It never makes it past that half point. I've only noticed this with YouTube so it could be an app issue, vevo plays fine, but idk cause YouTube was working fine until yesterday and today as well. My other devices are playing videos from YouTube fine so I'm puzzled as to wether this is an app problem specific to the Z1s or if it's my phone itself maybe?? I don't have too much longer to make a return. If anyone has this issue as well please let me know, or any suggestions? I already tried clearing cache and data as well. That's about all I can do since I'm not rooted of course.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fatannasty

feddexx69

Jul 8, 2013
I open a thread about this since 4.3 rollout but no one cared/had this issue..I cant skip to an unloaded part of the video, only way to do this is restoring to factory version on YouTube

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
I open a thread about this since 4.3 rollout but no one cared/had this issue..I cant skip to an unloaded part of the video, only way to do this is restoring to factory version on YouTube

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

So you wouldn't say it's a problem with the phone itself then Right? Most likely just YouTube or some weird YouTube bug?

feddexx69

Jul 8, 2013
So you wouldn't say it's a problem with the phone itself then Right? Most likely just YouTube or some weird YouTube bug?

I hope its the youtube app, since I noticed the issue there's been like 4 updates but bug still there, my other devices have no problems. Also worth noting that in-app players (for example when I open a vid in flipboard or pocket) don't suffer from this

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
Reverting back to the old one does work, but still it kind of grinds my gears America! Lol. We should be able to use the latest version of YouTube on a high end phone like this. YouTube needs to fix this ASAP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just recently got my xperia Z1s and it's also my first Sony phone period. I'm really enjoying it but all of a sudden my YouTube videos play about half way through then stop and go back to the beginning again? It never makes it past that half point. I've only noticed this with YouTube so it could be an app issue, vevo plays fine, but idk cause YouTube was working fine until yesterday and today as well. My other devices are playing videos from YouTube fine so I'm puzzled as to wether this is an app problem specific to the Z1s or if it's my phone itself maybe?? I don't have too much longer to make a return. If anyone has this issue as well please let me know, or any suggestions? I already tried clearing cache and data as well. That's about all I can do since I'm not rooted of course.

Its the youtube app.
    Read the comments about the app...https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.youtube&hl=nl

I reverted back to the old ap by removing the updates in "apps" and the problem is gone.