[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

superxx

Feb 1, 2005
Hi Paulo, all,

I've been using this ROM Since almost the first release. Thanks Paulo for your great job.

I've notice an issue in the last releases... the DeviceID is always changing in a reboot.
Even if you set your own, then if you reboot, a new one is shown there.

Always has this name format "WINDOWDMOBILE##" where ## is a number... I had alreay number 9, then 51, then 50... and so on.

Is there a way to set a fix name? For TOMTOM PC software this is an issue since is always asking to assign license to this new "device"....

Thanks.

AF

Hi all,

Did anyone notice if when restarting Polaris, get a new device ID?

Thanks all.

pcash007

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks PCar.

My polaris works absolutely wonderful with build 28008 radio 1.65.80..fast no crashes or freezes.

just one problem though. I think it is just my phone. FM radio does not tune in any stations. used to work at one point in time. probably coz of the several falls it encountered. just out of curiosity does anyone else experience this??

nayma1976

Oct 2, 2008
strange...never had any lasting issues...
what do you do? more detail as to those "my settings" please...
one more thing...flash original and put in your settings and see if problems are gone...

cheers

I suggest hard spl 2 times (version number 2) or unlock the phone , sometimes it works better all the new roms

nayma1976

Oct 2, 2008
Thanks PCar.

My polaris works absolutely wonderful with build 28008 radio 1.65.80..fast no crashes or freezes.

just one problem though. I think it is just my phone. FM radio does not tune in any stations. used to work at one point in time. probably coz of the several falls it encountered. just out of curiosity does anyone else experience this??
No problems here only low volume, btw Pcar... is there any way to increase the volume of the FM from any registry?
thanks in advance

Rookie69

Jul 13, 2009
Wiesbaden

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 70

MyRho

May 24, 2008
Hamburg
www.petgirls.de
strange...never had any lasting issues...
what do you do? more detail as to those "my settings" please...
one more thing...flash original and put in your settings and see if problems are gone...

cheers

ok.
After installing the ROM and reset all seems to be ok.
I've installed several programs and the my Polaris freezed so I had to do a re-boot. After that - it took a very long time for booting - I came to the setup-screen (calibrating the screen) and after that all my installed programs were gone... There was no owner-information also. I've tried 28008 several times but I couldn't use it because of these problems.
After that I've tried 23053 - the same.
Now I'm back to 3L3 6.1 :(
No problems until now but I'd like to have your 28008 on my Polaris.

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
ok.
After installing the ROM and reset all seems to be ok.
I've installed several programs and the my Polaris freezed so I had to do a re-boot. After that - it took a very long time for booting - I came to the setup-screen (calibrating the screen) and after that all my installed programs were gone... There was no owner-information also. I've tried 28008 several times but I couldn't use it because of these problems.
After that I've tried 23053 - the same.
Now I'm back to 3L3 6.1 :(
No problems until now but I'd like to have your 28008 on my Polaris.

again, more detail please...what programs?...

MyRho

May 24, 2008
Hamburg
www.petgirls.de
programs:

Resco File Explorer
ThumbCal
IGo 8
Iconsoft Phone Ex 2.01
SKTools

...but in different orders... so I can't say it was caused by this or that program.
It often happened after setting the regional settings to "german" or changed the keybord layout to german "qwertz"...

skumara

Apr 6, 2008
programs:

Resco File Explorer
ThumbCal
IGo 8
Iconsoft Phone Ex 2.01
SKTools

...but in different orders... so I can't say it was caused by this or that program.
It often happened after setting the regional settings to "german" or changed the keybord layout to german "qwertz"...

try flashing original ROM before flashing pcar ROM.

leppa

Jan 25, 2007
Berlin
oleksii.name
Getting back snooze options in notifications

Why on Calendar is not possible to snooze 5-10-15-30 minutes or 1 hour ?
Snooze 5 minutes only is not convenient !

thanks
Yes, I was very annoyed, too, at the fact that HTC removed snooze options in the new Notification Manager. But there's a way to get them back:
Open Start -> System Tools -> Advanced Config. Select HTC User Interface.
Now change:
  1. NotificationManager.dll to NotificationManager.dllbak in Enable Topaz notification manager.
  2. NotificationLayout.dll to NotificationLayout.dllbak in Enable Topaz Popup.
You'll have snooze options back, but the notifications will also be "old-style".

PS: It seems like doing only step 2 is enough to get snooze options back.

Last edited:

W_5100

Sep 4, 2009
snooze options

Yes, I was very annoyed, too, at the fact that HTC removed snooze options in the new Notification Manager. But there's a way to get them back:
Now change:
  1. NotificationManager.dll to NotificationManager.dllbak in Enable Topaz notification manager.
You'll have snooze options back, but the notifications will also be "old-style".

thank you very much ;)

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
programs:

Resco File Explorer
ThumbCal
IGo 8
Iconsoft Phone Ex 2.01
SKTools

ok, gonna try to get those and test to pinpoint whats breaking the rom...
cheers

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
Now change:

yes, this is one of the options one has...if certain menu item doesn't work...disable menu enhancement and try again...it can be the cause...
cheers

chuacy88

Mar 2, 2007
Hi,

When I press the camera button, a symbols page appear on the screen. Is there away to remove this?

Thks

CY

Alex-V

Aug 26, 2008
What do you mean, I refer to your two roms 28005 and 28008, in first the activesync work perfectly and 28008 is very slow. Do you know if somebody have the same problem? Regards.

yeah....on roms and development thread.....the people report that active sync is not working good..... (what i have said....i keep an eye for this prob)

..... :):)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper