New note 3 user - What are my options? (Device details inside)

Search This thread

tripster69

Aug 15, 2011
Hi guys, i would like to root my phone without tripping Knox. What are my options? Also, after i do root, can i then upgrade to KitKat without loosing root?

Build number: JSS15J.N9005XXUDMJ7

Kernel Version:3.4.0-2019540

Baseband version:N9005XXUDMJ7

Android version: 4.3

denny1970

Nov 9, 2011
I'm new to this myself but I was just told that once you root nothing you can do about knox kicking in! But like I say I'm a newbie hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tripster69

Aug 15, 2011
I'm new to this myself but I was just told that once you root nothing you can do about knox kicking in! But like I say I'm a newbie hope that helps

I haven't rooted yet. There are ways to do it without tripping knox so long as you arent using kitkat (which i am not). However, i was first told to use kingo and it told me that it was going to use the ODIN method that will void my warranty so i didnt do it yet. :/

denny1970

Nov 9, 2011
**** I'm on kit kat can I down grade?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
LOL... If the JB you are using is higher than MJ1 then you will trip Knox no matter what method you use.... This has been stated SOOOOO many times I can't believe you guys didn't see it...
You can root KK using cf-autoroot, just make sure it is the latest, and PC ODIN... And no, you can't go back to a JB firmware from KK...

Reactions: antique_sonic

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
OK thanks :thumbup:

If your Bootloader version > MJ3, you can't root without tripping Knox.

You can find your Bootloader version by using my app Phone INFO ★Samsung★ (download link in my signature).
Here you can find many other useful information.

P.S: Please be noted that Bootloader version may not always be the same as PDA version.

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Hi guys, i would like to root my phone without tripping Knox. What are my options? Also, after i do root, can i then upgrade to KitKat without loosing root?

You can root and then upgrade but you'll have to root again so may as well upgrade and then root to save a step.

Only way to root Mj7 is cf-autoroot. You need the old version to root your current firmware and the latest version to root 4.4.2.

I haven't rooted yet. There are ways to do it without tripping knox so long as you arent using kitkat (which i am not). However, i was first told to use kingo and it told me that it was going to use the ODIN method that will void my warranty so i didnt do it yet. :/

Kingo contains malware. Best not to use it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
if ($bootloader > 'MJ3') {
echo "KNOX sure trip";
}
else {
echo "KNOX will safe with URDLV";

if ($wantupgrade == 'Y') {
echo "Have to reroot after upgrade";

if ($reroot == 'Y') {
echo "KNOX will set to 0x1";
}
else {
echo "Enjoy ur non rooted Kitkat!";
}
}
else {
echo "Enjoy ur old rooted rom till you want to sell :)";
}
}

:D

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC

Reactions: vndnguyen

denny1970

Nov 9, 2011
Tripped mine so what it's all about having a different phone from the norm right!!!!

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Tripped mine so what it's all about having a different phone from the norm right!!!!

Hehehe. Now u can flash recovery nd flash custom rom.
Or if u don't want, at least with just rooting u can acceess the system files and use those good apps which need roots. Like greenify? :)
Enjoy!

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.

denny1970

Nov 9, 2011
Don't think I back up my ffs think it's called lol have no problems flash a room smooth I have that greenify I need to read up on it cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOL... If the JB you are using is higher than MJ1 then you will trip Knox no matter what method you use.... This has been stated SOOOOO many times I can't believe you guys didn't see it...
    You can root KK using cf-autoroot, just make sure it is the latest, and PC ODIN... And no, you can't go back to a JB firmware from KK...
    OK thanks :thumbup:

If your Bootloader version > MJ3, you can't root without tripping Knox.

You can find your Bootloader version by using my app Phone INFO ★Samsung★ (download link in my signature).
    Here you can find many other useful information.

P.S: Please be noted that Bootloader version may not always be the same as PDA version.

You can root and then upgrade but you'll have to root again so may as well upgrade and then root to save a step.

Only way to root Mj7 is cf-autoroot. You need the old version to root your current firmware and the latest version to root 4.4.2.

Kingo contains malware. Best not to use it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    if ($bootloader > 'MJ3') {
    echo "KNOX sure trip";
    }
    else {
    echo "KNOX will safe with URDLV";

if ($wantupgrade == 'Y') {
    echo "Have to reroot after upgrade";

if ($reroot == 'Y') {
    echo "KNOX will set to 0x1";
    }
    else {
    echo "Enjoy ur non rooted Kitkat!";
    }
    }
    else {
    echo "Enjoy ur old rooted rom till you want to sell :)";
    }
    }

:D

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC