GPS SatNav Failure

Search This thread

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
I have found the first real issue with the M8.

The GPS fails during navigation and cannot get proper lock. That meant it kept trying to recalculate routes etc...

My friends have also had same issue.

Location settings were set on the best option too. Full mobile signal and internet as well.

Reactions: eniac

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014

The GPS fails during navigation and cannot get proper lock. That meant it kept trying to recalculate routes etc...

Location settings were set on the best option too. Full mobile signal and internet as well.

Hardware related or do you think it's a problem with the OS?

XsCode

Aug 14, 2006
Leyland
Try installing GPS tools, it does a few logic jiggery pokery things in the background that may help

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stuart0001

Jan 9, 2011
Hampton
GPS has been the best I've ever experienced on a smartphone. Locks quickly and accurately and the only device ever to get a decent lock inside my concrete flat.

However, yesterday the GPS failed completely whilst driving with clear view of the sky. A reboot fixed it and it was then rock solid again.

That's the only time it's done it in about a week since owning it with about 20 hours driving with it.

I'm hoping that means it's a software issue somewhere.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eniac

Nov 26, 2006

I can confirm that my GPS nav has been broken for about a month or more, using Waze and Google Maps

The latest System update released on 6/15/2014 has resolved the issue

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Using with Co-Pilot Premium and works great. Locks on quickly and stays on. No problems at all.
Yep gonna agree works perfect with copilot. Also better than sygic imo. I also wouldn't bother with Google navigation. Better to use an offline satnav app.

xda890

Oct 26, 2007
I have this problem too... Doesn't seem to matter which app one are using, it also happens with my golf app... And the only way to fix it, is to reboot the phone.. This is really annoying...
It seems to be related to bluetooth use... If I use BT to play music/listen to audiobook at the same time as I use the navigation app, then I have this problem.. If I turn off the BT, then the problem does not seem to appear... I am saying seem to, because it seems to be random when this occurs so not 100% sure that turning off BT fixes the problem but so far I have not had this problem when BT is off..
I also thought this was fixed in the latest update but yesterday it happend again....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.