[Q] what does "sp space is not enough" mean

Search This thread

one cheese

Jun 4, 2014
when I use fastboot tool to flash system.img, it shows "sp space is not enough" when the flashing is finished. At first I think it will brick my phone, but it doesn't, my Moto X is still working.
So what does it mean? Will it bring some protential mistakes?
How can I solve the problem? Thanks very much!!!

My phone is rooted, installed TWRP 2.7.1.1

P.S. The problem comes after I WIPE the SYSTEM with TWRP

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
when I use fastboot tool to flash system.img, it shows "sp space is not enough" when the flashing is finished. At first I think it will brick my phone, but it doesn't, my Moto X is still working.
How can I solve the problem?

You MUST flash system.img using 'mfastboot' and not 'fastboot'.

Fastboot cannot handle system.img because it is too large. Just search this forum and you will find 'mfastboot.exe'. I know it is linked in the "Return to Stock" thread.

EDIT: Here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

The OP linked "mfastboot" in the top section of that post. Remember to "thank" the original poster of that thread for providing you with the file you need :)

Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: superp32

ANMTMS

Apr 12, 2014
San Luis Potosí

Fastboot cannot handle system.img because it is too large. Just search this forum and you will find 'mfastboot.exe'. I know it is linked in the "Return to Stock" thread.

EDIT: Here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

The OP linked "mfastboot" in the top section of that post. Remember to "thank" the original poster of that thread for providing you with the file you need :)

Good Luck
Dude, i've also flashed with mfastboot the system.img file but however it returns the same message in red. It doesn't seem to affect to anything when flashing with mfastboot, but anyways watching that message appear when flashing the whole firmware gives me kind of a mini heart attack. :$

It seems that it even appears when wiping everything before flashing. So, isn't it a hardware matter? It didn't appear to me before when flashing system, so i don't really know what caused it to appear.

To OP, don't worry if you get the same error when flashing with mfastboot, it seems to work anyways. However don't use fastboot command to flash system, as samwathegreat said.

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
Dude, i've also flashed with mfastboot the system.img file but however it returns the same message in red. It doesn't seem to affect to anything when flashing with mfastboot, but anyways watching that message appear when flashing the whole firmware gives me kind of a mini heart attack. :$

It seems that it even appears when wiping everything before flashing. So, isn't it a hardware matter? It didn't appear to me before when flashing system, so i don't really know what caused it to appear.

To OP, don't worry if you get the same error when flashing with mfastboot, it seems to work anyways. However don't use fastboot command to flash system, as samwathegreat said.

The same happened to me and the circumstances were the same as well. Experimenting with custom Roms I wiped the system. Now every sbf flash with RDS gives me exact the same message in red. Though I haven't noticed any failure or misbehavior of the actual system yet. But seeing that row in red with every flashing is kinda frightened. Though I don't believe that hardware is affected I can't see how it could possibly be. I'm more afraid that wrong partitions of the memory occurred and lack of the system partition might be issue.

one cheese

Jun 4, 2014

In fact it really doesn't seem to affect anything, I just feel not well watching the message in red during flashing everytime. :D Just like a mini heart attack as you said.:p
Thank you for your kind answering, it's quite useful, thank you :good::good::good:

one cheese

Jun 4, 2014
The same happened to me and the circumstances were the same as well. Experimenting with custom Roms I wiped the system. Now every sbf flash with RDS gives me exact the same message in red. Though I haven't noticed any failure or misbehavior of the actual system yet. But seeing that row in red with every flashing is kinda frightened. Though I don't believe that hardware is affected I can't see how it could possibly be. I'm more afraid that wrong partitions of the memory occurred and lack of the system partition might be issue.

Me too. I haven't seen that message ever before just after one time I used TWRP Recovery wipe the system, I think that maybe the reason. I just worry it may cause some other porblems in the future.

Thanks for your kind answering. May our problems could be solved some day:laugh::laugh::)

avavogueboy

Aug 22, 2014
How can I solve the problem? Thanks very much!!!

来自我的 XT1060 上的 Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How can I solve the problem?

Good Luck