[Q] Replace battery?

Search This thread

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
Hello! :D

I've been using the P6 for a while now, and I just LOVE it! But there's one little thing bothering me: I can't take off the back, to, per example, replace the battery. Since I'd love my battery to at least last two full days, I wondered whether there are better batteries available for our P6 and whether it's possible for me to replace it :)

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

klincharov

Nov 29, 2013
Wien/Sofia
I'm afraid this is mission impossible. There are no bigger batteries, except the external one, which look like sh*t, and are very strange because of the position of the charging port. I hope with time there will come a lets say 2500mah battery, but who knows...

and for the disassembly you need to first remove to plastik "cover" on the bottom of the phone, it holds the back cover locked in place.

Reactions: lootjelo

lauwie007

Jan 22, 2014
A external battery works great. When I go out I take my external battery with me and it charges my phone back to 100%. I have no idea were i bought it, I will look it up when i am home.

klincharov

Nov 29, 2013
Wien/Sofia
A external battery works great. When I go out I take my external battery with me and it charges my phone back to 100%. I have no idea were i bought it, I will look it up when i am home.

The external ones which are connected with a cable are awesome, i am talking about the ones, which snap to the back of the phone. They are a no-go for me.

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
Thanks for the replies! I'll check out some snap-on batteries :)

jjromoh

Mar 14, 2013
yes, you can take off the back if you want... here's how to:

I've been using the P6 for a while now, and I just LOVE it! But there's one little thing bothering me: I can't take off the back, to, per example, replace the battery. Since I'd love my battery to at least last two full days, I wondered whether there are better batteries available for our P6 and whether it's possible for me to replace it :)

Last edited:

klincharov

Nov 29, 2013
Wien/Sofia
This is the only snap on type that I've found so far, but don't like them...

best-quality-2800mah-external-backup-battery.jpg

Im more keen on buying something like this:
sku_142593_2.jpg

2000 mah would be pretty compact, and for example 5000 mah would support a full charge of my tablet and 50% of the phone. (4000 mah is the tab)

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
This is the only snap on type that I've found so far, but don't like them...

best-quality-2800mah-external-backup-battery.jpg

Im more keen on buying something like this:
sku_142593_2.jpg

2000 mah would be pretty compact, and for example 5000 mah would support a full charge of my tablet and 50% of the phone. (4000 mah is the tab)

Yeah, those batterycases are pretty handy, but really ugly IMO. That small cilinder thing is an emergency charger, right?

xefaros

Feb 11, 2014
May i highjack this post for a relevant question about batteries?Has anyone replaced the internal battery with a replacement battery like the one's that provide a removal back-cover?How hard is it and does it damage the phone case or for that fact the phone its self since its so thn

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
May i highjack this post for a relevant question about batteries?Has anyone replaced the internal battery with a replacement battery like the one's that provide a removal back-cover?How hard is it and does it damage the phone case or for that fact the phone its self since its so thn

I don't think that's possible :(

xefaros

Feb 11, 2014
I don't think that's possible :(

It is factionally possible since there are battery replacements and as the dissasembly video showed its possible to open the back cover,however the question remains is it easy enough for an inexperienced dude like me to not damage the phone while following in a monkey see moneky do way the dissasembly and reasembly with the new battery

lootjelo

Jan 19, 2014
It is factionally possible since there are battery replacements and as the dissasembly video showed its possible to open the back cover,however the question remains is it easy enough for an inexperienced dude like me to not damage the phone while following in a monkey see moneky do way the dissasembly and reasembly with the new battery

The replacement battery is the exact same battery as the one the phone comes with, so it'll be useless, but yes, I think you could do that if you want to :D

ZuperStyler

Jan 29, 2014
You could change the battery, but your phone's back will be damaged and it will show.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm afraid this is mission impossible. There are no bigger batteries, except the external one, which look like sh*t, and are very strange because of the position of the charging port. I hope with time there will come a lets say 2500mah battery, but who knows...

and for the disassembly you need to first remove to plastik "cover" on the bottom of the phone, it holds the back cover locked in place.
    The external ones which are connected with a cable are awesome, i am talking about the ones, which snap to the back of the phone. They are a no-go for me.

oohh too bad.. I have one thats snaps on the back. I just love it. I am used to a iphone, so even with a 'snap on battery' the phone is thin enough :D
    yes, you can take off the back if you want... here's how to: