Anyway to unroot without wiping data

Search This thread

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
My banking app requires me not be rooted and I'm a stock bootloader locked, rooted phone, can I unroot by changing some files or something? Not sure how my banking app knows I'm rooted

Thanks for any help

Si

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
Good call on root cloak but it's not working for hbos.

I did the remove root option in supersu but that didn't remove root..am I missing something?

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
I believe you can just flash a stock firmware and ensure that you uncheck the option to wipe data during the process.

Reactions: BigladUK

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
I believe you can just flash a stock firmware and ensure that you uncheck the option to wipe data during the process.

Thanks for that, did a full back up this morning ( using the handy sony supplued backup and restore app ) then did a flash unticking the 3 wipe options ( appcache, syslog & data I think ), flash went well and when the came back up it did the android optomising your apps thiny like an uipdate had occured but most importantly all my data was good. I did see a contact crash of acore process which a quick google search identified as needing to clear the cache of contacts then I thought I was home free....but then I saw a pop up for a Sony OS update which I did and after the reboot I'm now getting Exchange services have stopped and Mail has stopped. I've removed my exchange account and cleared Cache and Data for mail, exchange services, calander, contacts and few more but I still get the Exchange error when I try to add my exchange account back in or open mail....any ideas ?

On the plus side, my HBOS now works like a dream :)

Thanks guys

Si

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
but then I saw a pop up for a Sony OS update which I did and after the reboot I'm now getting Exchange services have stopped and Mail has stopped. I've removed my exchange account and cleared Cache and Data for mail, exchange services, calander, contacts and few more but I still get the Exchange error when I try to add my exchange account back in or open mail....any ideas ?

I can only think of clearing the cache and data for Email, Enterprise Services and Exchange Services apps. You might also want to check under Settings -> Accounts and delete any email accounts you've set up there. Sorry I can't be of much help here.

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
No need to appologise, any help is apprecidated.

Spent 20mins at lunch going through the app list doing the following
Forcing Close, removing Database

Did for Calenders, Contacts, Mail, Exchange etc and obvioulsy hit the right one as it's not all working :)

Managed to add my email account back and my HBOS is now working

Happy days

Si

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.