My TyTn II doesnt recognize my SIM card

Search This thread

Pyper70

Apr 6, 2008
I had bought a AT&T Tilt off ebay and in the States it works with my Cingular network. However when I travel as I am now in Greece and use the Cosmote SIM card it states that the SIM is not inserted and thus I am stuck. Cosmote runs on the 900/1800 network and Cingular runs on the 850/1900. The TyTn II is supposed to work on each and every frequency. It was supposed to be unlocked when I bought it but I don't know exactly what to do now.

Anyone help?

Last edited:

Samson711

Dec 17, 2005
Aachen
The Card is not even recognized, this points more to a broken SIM Card. The TyTn Can operate in all these Frequenzies and would prompt an error that this device is locked to another network if it wasn't unlocked. So this error message is more like there is no SIM Card inserted.

Have you tried it in another phone? cleaned the metallic contacts of the Chip?

svcglobal

Mar 2, 2008
svc.cc
I had bought a AT&T Tilt off ebay and in the States it works with my Cingular network. However when I travel as I am now in Greece and use the Cosmote SIM card it states that the SIM is not inserted and thus I am stuck. Cosmote runs on the 900/1800 network and Cingular runs on the 850/1900. The TyTn II is supposed to work on each and every frequency. It was supposed to be unlocked when I bought it but I don't know exactly what to do now.

Anyone help?

Try to check on Phone settings if Network selection, Type and Band are in automatic mode.

Pyper70

Apr 6, 2008
The Card is not even recognized, this points more to a broken SIM Card. The TyTn Can operate in all these Frequenzies and would prompt an error that this device is locked to another network if it wasn't unlocked. So this error message is more like there is no SIM Card inserted.

Have you tried it in another phone? cleaned the metallic contacts of the Chip?

The Cosmote SIM I have for my TyTn works great in my friends K1 Motorola KRZR and his brother's RAZR...Both of which were unlocked in the US and also have greek SIM cards.

Does there need to be a special 3G SIM card inserted for the device to operate?

simonp03

Apr 19, 2008
My v1615 (with Vodafone) showed the same error after owning the phone for 2hrs! Vodafone confirmed the device had a hardware fault and issued a replacement straight away - new handset has been fine.

I'm not saying that's the case with yours but it's already highlighted to me that the stability of these phones can be flaky at times (having been warned by several people before buying)