[QUICK REVIEW]The Gameklip!!! Greatest accessory EVER!!!

Search This thread

stoopid2001

May 12, 2012
My problem is solved.

I bought a PS3 controller from amazon, model #CECHZC2U that would pair with the phone only no buttons would show as being pressed and nothing else would work. Then I borrowed a CECHZC2Ua1 that worked just fine. I then bought a CECHZC2Ub2 that works fine as well.

"DroidEmu" and the six axis apps from the play store work great together! The game clip is great too, fits the HOX very snug, doesn't feel like it would ever fall out.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Getting the PS3 pad to work is easy, don't get the cracked version of the six axis app, buy it because it actually works, plus the dev deserves your cash for the work put into it.

franki_667

Oct 16, 2011
Hello, it is designed to fit an uncased device snugly, I don't think it'll work with the case on. I hope that helps!

-Ryan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I just ordered mine. It seems that unless its a support device the gameklip comes with an adhesive strip for a case to be stuck on.

Phone: HTC One XL
ROM: AOKP 4.2.1 MR1 preview w/ alloy blue theme
Launcher: Apex w/glaskart icons

Arrow44

Aug 21, 2012
San Antonio
For anyone wondering, the galaxy s3 gamklip should work with the HTC One X. uploadfromtaptalk1360352201321.jpg

Edit. The gameklip works perfectly for our phones. The dimensions of the HTC One XL and gs3 are basically the same.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Green.jpg

So I just got this thing for my One X called the Gameklip. What it is is a bracket that mounts your phone to a PS3 controller effectively turning it into an awesome portable game system. It is made by a fellow XDA'er, he charges $15, makes them to order specifically for whatever phone you order it for. Believe me when I tell you, this thing is worth EVERY damn penny. It's just a piece of plastic, but it is damn sturdy and the One X fits in it perfectly. Check out his thread to see what it's about and expect a video review from me tomorrow evening. To summarize what I will be saying in the video, if you game on your One X and use the PS3 controller, you MUST buy this thing. It's not an option. Buy it. This is EASILY the coolest thing ever made for Android phones. You buy now!

Original thread- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760595

Side.jpg

MultiView.jpg
    Does the wired version work with an unrooted One X?

It is my understanding that ICS does have native USB game controller support but don't quote me on that. This is just a plastic bracket, there are no electronics in it. The "wired version" just comes with a USB OTG cable. If you have an OTG cable already, you can try it out and see if it works for you. You also won't need to buy the wired one then. But considering where you're posting, I must recommend that you do root. It opens up a world of possibilities, including bluetooth PS3 controller support.
    I have used DroidEmu and N64oid so far. Yet to try Gensoid and GENPLUSDroid I have installed.

Finally tried XBox controller and was PnP! :D
    does the JoyCenter app show buttons being pressed?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5wb2tlNjQ3MzgudXNiam95Il0.

I know he has a Test App too, but I have to use this as well as the PS3 pairing to get mine to work. I have a thread on it.