[ROM] 4.2.2 - JDQ39 - toro build from maguro OTA + MODs

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Since I can't seem to get a build working from AOSP tonight, I went ahead and used the stock JDQ39 ROM for maguro by bigxie and added/replaced the files to make it work well with toro devices. I think everything is working and I even updated things like the eri.xml so no one gets the tcdma network name while roaming. Since we have to add all of the toro-specific props to build from aosp, I don't think there is anything that I missed. I'm sure that aosp will be finished updating soon and we'll have some roms built from there, but for those of you who are impatient like me...here you go :).

It's working fine for me, but flash at your own risk and know how to recover anything you don't want to lose.

DOWNLOAD Goo.im
MD5: e2b0e920704126d81133e041fef6f3cc
GAPPS from JDQ39 included
Rooted, deodex'd, & BusyBox by bigxie

Fix for off-center lockscreen target HERE. Thanks klobkelosh!

MODS
Extended Power Menu - CM style
- Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
- Long press volume with screen off to skip track
- Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
- Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
- Power Menu DOWNLOAD

1% Battery Mods
- Thanks to mugendon and whoever made the battery image files
-
Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-40-23.png
(old image, newer version has slightly larger numbers)
- DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit
Re: [ROM]JDQ39-4.2.2-toro build from maguro OTA

Hell why not .....:beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

lurch81

Jul 2, 2010
Re: [ROM] 4.2.2 - JDQ39 - toro build from maguro OTA

Gapps included? Sorry just double checking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pricematthew4143

Oct 1, 2010
LA
Since I can't seem to get a build working from AOSP tonight, I went ahead and used the stock JDQ39 ROM for maguro by bigxie and added/replaced the files to make it work well with toro devices. I think everything is working and I even updated things like the eri.xml so no one gets the tcdma network name while roaming. Since we have to add all of the toro-specific props to build from aosp, I don't think there is anything that I missed. I'm sure that aosp will be finished updating soon and we'll have some roms built from there, but for those of you who are impatient like me...here you go :).

It's working fine for me, but flash at your own risk and know how to recover anything you don't want to lose.

DOWNLOAD Goo.im
Rooted & BusyBox by bigxie

thanks for the smoother install, this runs much faster and grabs signals better than mine, thanks this thing is fast as hell now...yeah this is hella smooth...thanks for cleaning it up...it is balls on

Last edited:

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011

Hey mwalt2. I had to format system to get it to boot. I compared the updater-script to a cm zip and the format line here has the last two parameters switched from what cm has.

Alwo, the com/android folder seems missing in meta-inf folder in your zip. I'm guessing both were due to the way the dev who made the original zip did it.

Reactions: mwalt2

JamesPumaEnjoi

Nov 16, 2012
Long Island N.Y.
Thanks a ton man at least someone out there hasn't forgotten the mighty toro

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Everything worked here perfectly thanks again!!

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009

Hey mwalt2. I had to format system to get it to boot. I compared the updater-script to a cm zip and the format line here has the last two parameters switched from what cm has.

Alwo, the com/android folder seems missing in meta-inf folder in your zip. I'm guessing both were due to the way the dev who made the original zip did it.

Thanks tiny. I didn't check the updater script since I just threw it all together. It would be good to format /system :), so I'll get that updated later today assuming aosp isn't back to normal. The meta inf folder is just for signing, so I don't think it's too important (at least not in how I use and flash my phone...but maybe I'm just uninformed lol).

mrchambo

Aug 27, 2009
Gulf Shores

No problem here at all, mWalt.

As usual, excellent work!

Thanks, maing!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ba_hamilton

Nov 21, 2010
Kansas City
themesinmotion.com
Very smooth and fast. I did a complete wipe before I installed. It's in the instructions but don't forget to update supersu. I also installed the quick setting mod by kevdliu.

I can't boot into recovery. It's probably something I'm doing wrong but it just won't work for me now. The phone buzzes and vibrates like it is going to but nothing happens. I ended up installing the quickboot app from the play store.

vwpiper

Oct 20, 2010
Louisville, KY

Running smooth here. Thank you good job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOWNLOAD Goo.im
    Rooted, deodex'd, & BusyBox by bigxie

Fix for off-center lockscreen target HERE. Thanks klobkelosh!

MODS
    Extended Power Menu - CM style
    - Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
    - Long press volume with screen off to skip track
    - Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    - Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
    - Power Menu DOWNLOAD

1% Battery Mods
    - Thanks to mugendon and whoever made the battery image files
    -
    Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-40-23.png
    (old image, newer version has slightly larger numbers)
    - DOWNLOAD
    This has only been tested on this ROM and will likely cause a bootloop on AOSP 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 builds. That is due to the incompleteness of 4.2.2 on AOSP. It should work on the 4.2.2 OTA or any ROM's based off it.

tinykernel-3.0.0-beta1.zip - 3.30 MB
    Well, since I don't think aosp is 100% (unless they are going to make you have to add the missing files to the manifest and have them sync with an older manifest), I put a couple of mods I made/use in post 1. A 1% battery and reboot menu are present.

phone force close while in a call ?

Did you do a dirty flash? I'm not seeing this after wiping everything before flashing.

I jumped in. This thing flies!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Installed busy box and trickster, although kernel doesnt allow much. This rom is super quick. No lag and everything ive tried works. Great job!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I have a kernel that works on this ROM but I'm trying to hold off a release in case the Google kernel source is updated soon.