[Q] ASUS TF101 'soft' bricked; can't unbrick it.

Search This thread

XTwarrior

Jul 19, 2012
So, I have a TF101 (B70) that was running Revolution HD. Was running great, but I wanted to play with overclocking. I decided I was going to try out the EOS4 ROm since it had overclocking built in. I downloaded and ran Titaniumn Backup Pro. Went to flash, tried to restore to factory default (Never flashed the new ROM), and it froze during the Factory default. Since then, I cannot boot into the OS, and I get errors whenever I enter CWM Recovery (power + volume down).

The biggest issue I think I am running into - I did not have debugging mode turned on when I went into CWM.

I have the ASUS drivers in place (AMD64). I have installed full ASUS Suite from their website. The PC recognizes it as "ASUS Android ADB Interface" in Device manager when I have it booted into APX mode. I had to update the drivers for AMD64 for it to recognize it other than just 'APX' in Device manager. The device is obviously rooted. I tried running reflash_sbkv1 (and 2) and all it does is bring a prompt up for a split second then goes away.

Drivers are installed, NVflash is installed, installed necessary ADB bits onto my PC. Yet, when I try to run the command 'adb devices' it finds no device.

I have supposedly run EasyFlasher using the current TF101 US version and it goes through all the scripting and runs and completes. Yet when i reboot it is stuck on the 'Android' screen again and I get the same errors in recovery.

Also, if I try to boot into regular OS, Device manager on my PC shows it as a 'MTP USB Device' with a yellow exclamation mark. If I try to update drivers with the USB drivers I downloaded, all it says is that Windows thinks the drivers are already up to date! It won't seem to take the downloaded drivers from ASUS (AMD64)

I don't know what to do now. Help!

XTwarrior

Jul 19, 2012
e214723a-7b15-408a-b42e-e16cf6c3d102.jpg

Breokeded1.jpg

Progress.jpg

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
How long did you wait for NVFLASH to flash the TF ?

It takes quite a while iirc but so long as you are in APX Mode then it should be able to recover it

This is the latest stock NVFLASH ROM
http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Files/Asus/Asus%20Transformer%20(TF101)/STOCK%20ROMS/ICS%20.27/NVFLASH_ICS_9.2.1.27_US_NOROOT.7z

Put the Tablet into APX Mode with the USB cable attached > Run download.bat and wait for it to complete

---

USB Debugging doesn't affect recovery, only when you're booted into Android

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
ADB won't work with stock recovery.
I think your issue is that you need to be in APX mode to use NvFlash to unbrick the tab, download the link that *Detection* posted.
You probably have a Sbkv2 tablet with B70 (still try both), so download wheelie from androidroot.mobi, overwrite the files from first .zip with the wheelie files.
Get into APX mode with Volume-UP + Power, the screen will stay blank but the computer will detect it. Usbpcdriver is the APX drivers and a folder in the first download link.
Run Reflash_Sbkv2.bat and give it awhile. Should fix the tablet.

XTwarrior

Jul 19, 2012
How long did you wait for NVFLASH to flash the TF ?

It takes quite a while iirc but so long as you are in APX Mode then it should be able to recover it

This is the latest stock NVFLASH ROM
http://www.xdafileserver.nl/Files/Asus/Asus%20Transformer%20(TF101)/STOCK%20ROMS/ICS%20.27/NVFLASH_ICS_9.2.1.27_US_NOROOT.7z

Put the Tablet into APX Mode with the USB cable attached > Run download.bat and wait for it to complete

---

USB Debugging doesn't affect recovery, only when you're booted into Android

I think your issue is that you need to be in APX mode to use NvFlash to unbrick the tab, download the link that *Detection* posted.
You probably have a Sbkv2 tablet with B70 (still try both), so download wheelie from androidroot.mobi, overwrite the files from first .zip with the wheelie files.
Get into APX mode with Volume-UP + Power, the screen will stay blank but the computer will detect it. Usbpcdriver is the APX drivers and a folder in the first download link.

I've done these but didn't wait long. Is it supposed to just quick run the batch and then dissappear quickly, and i just wait awhile?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I've done these but didn't wait long. Is it supposed to just quick run the batch and then dissappear quickly, and i just wait awhile?

The .bat opens command prompt which will show you progress until its done, which takes 5-10 minutes maybe

The TF should also show something on its screen once the flashing begins, not much just a line or two at the top

When its done it should reboot your TF, might have to force reboot it but it will tell you once its finished

Make sure you run the download.bat as Admin

Reactions: Thing O Doom

XTwarrior

Jul 19, 2012
Thanks guys! Finally got it to work with NVFlash. Kept hanging after it formatted the UDA partition, but it was because when I unpacked it into a new folder, I needed to take the original zip and slap it into the root of the new folder I made so that it could grab the zip file.

transfomer

Jul 12, 2014

Help me!
My tablet is bricked.I try to flash by Easyflash it but not work.
It's can't write bootload on my tablet.
Now what can i do???

transfomer

Jul 12, 2014
Need more info, what did you try? How did you try Easyflasher?

Did you install the Universal Naked Drivers?

Which Windows OS are you running?

tks for your answer!
I used Window 7.
First, I press the volume up, connect the tablet to a PC.
Pc getting APX driver, I installed NVidia boot the PC USB.
I used Easyflash fw 0.8.3 and fw US_epad-user-9.1.27 on Asus homepage.
I click SBK2, click to zip and flash stock Asus steps:

Attachments

• IMG_20140712_213421.jpg
    IMG_20140712_213421.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20140712_213443.jpg
    IMG_20140712_213443.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20140712_213606.jpg
    IMG_20140712_213606.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20140712_213751.jpg
    IMG_20140712_213751.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

transfomer

Jul 12, 2014
And now my tablet is hanging like this logo.
Show me,how to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_20140712_213848.jpg
    IMG_20140712_213848.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20140712_213912.jpg
    IMG_20140712_213912.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20140712_214037.jpg
    IMG_20140712_214037.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20140712_220644.jpg
    IMG_20140712_220644.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

fofototo1

Jul 2, 2010
I have the same problem...it keeps showing ASUS forever.....please, help.
I don't have important files in the memory and it is unrooted, as II tried to restore it to the stock rom and unroot it.

mariley84

Feb 27, 2018
Not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread still... I hope so.
The Details:
Windows 10 64x
TF101 - No recovery options (Vol down) work. RCK, "Android", and "wipe data" Give me the same error: Unrecoverable bootloader error: (0x00000000)

If I could just get my PC to detect this thing, I think I'd be gold. I've got the Universal Naked Drivers 0.72, however when I try ti install via Device manager, it doesn't help, even after disabling digital driver signing. Any ideas? Links that don't lead to dead ends? This is my little girls tablet and shes going nuts without it. Please help, if anyone is available... :(

onslow26

May 5, 2018
Not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread still... I hope so.
The Details:
Windows 10 64x
TF101 - No recovery options (Vol down) work. RCK, "Android", and "wipe data" Give me the same error: Unrecoverable bootloader error: (0x00000000)

If I could just get my PC to detect this thing, I think I'd be gold. I've got the Universal Naked Drivers 0.72, however when I try ti install via Device manager, it doesn't help, even after disabling digital driver signing. Any ideas? Links that don't lead to dead ends? This is my little girls tablet and shes going nuts without it. Please help, if anyone is available... :(

I have same problem i have try all but nothing work:(
Please can someone help

Regards

Onslow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The .bat opens command prompt which will show you progress until its done, which takes 5-10 minutes maybe

The TF should also show something on its screen once the flashing begins, not much just a line or two at the top

When its done it should reboot your TF, might have to force reboot it but it will tell you once its finished

Make sure you run the download.bat as Admin