[Q] Rooting on JB Stock is it possible?

Search This thread

zibbr

Mar 31, 2012
Hello!

I bought a Transformer Tf700 the other day and stupid as I was ( It seems ) updated it to JB before unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device.
So I have been searching around the forums, but it seems that there is no way to actually Root a JB device that did not unlock the bootloader in beforehand.

So my question is can I root&unlock the device?

The guides I have read only tells me that I can only root & unlock from ICS and to Downgrade to ICS ( from my understanding ) I need to have the bootloader unlocked... Witch makes this a vicious circle, so from what I have read its not possible to downgrade to ICS with out unlocking bootloader. And I can only unlock the bootloader on ICS.

So does anyone know away that I have missed? Or is it just happy waiting time for me :)?

Best regards
Zibbr.

Alitheia

Dec 26, 2010
You still have to downgrade, but you don't need to be unlocked. Just download the .30 firmware, pop it on an SD and it will notify you to downgrade. Also, the unlock tool still works on JB if you still wish to unlock.

I recently bricked my device and had to do this, so it's certainly possible. I'm not unlocked just yet, but people say the unlock tool does work.

EDIT: I just used the Unlock Tool and can confirm that it works with Jelly Bean just fine...now to hope I don't regret unlocking!

Last edited:
Reactions: zibbr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You still have to downgrade, but you don't need to be unlocked. Just download the .30 firmware, pop it on an SD and it will notify you to downgrade. Also, the unlock tool still works on JB if you still wish to unlock.

I recently bricked my device and had to do this, so it's certainly possible. I'm not unlocked just yet, but people say the unlock tool does work.

EDIT: I just used the Unlock Tool and can confirm that it works with Jelly Bean just fine...now to hope I don't regret unlocking!