Unable to Flash Custom Rom using Hasson 2000's Tool on HTC one (M7)

Search This thread

Infoseye

Feb 5, 2013
City Of London
Hello everyone,

I bought an HTC one off ebay, having in mind I would flash custom rom on the device which I prefer for obvious reasons. But each time I open Hasson2000 Tool to get ID token I get this error in command prompt below: :(

*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully *
'error: device offline

I have tried searching for solutions but I cant get one to actually fix my own issue, I do know the HTC bootloader has been unlocked and rooted because I can boot to bootloader menu, boot to recovery mode and on top on the screen it says *****TAMPERED***** just below it says ***UNLOCKED*** I figured the previous owner tried locking bootloader before selling it off.

I noticed other commands dont work like reboot device on the tool probably because of that error or my htc is not recognised am not sure. am running Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop.

What I have done so far

Rebooted phone several times
Rebooted my laptop several times
Unplugged and plugged in usb cable
Used different usb ports it recognises my htc because I can view my SD card or transfer files between laptop and phone.

Please guys I neeed your help with this, thanks.

Last edited:

Infoseye

Feb 5, 2013
City Of London
I got an OTA update from HTC for WIFI fix, I could not update via recovery it gave an error is it because the bootloader is locked?

Infoseye

Feb 5, 2013
City Of London
Am on Kitkat 4.4.2, S-ON,TWRP,4.19.401.9, HTC_001 please how do I just restore it to original HTC stock not custom ROM?

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I have unlocked it again its now unlocked, right now I just want to go back to original stock so that I can get updates official updates from HTC but unfortunately I dont have a copy of stock rom since I bought it off ebay already rooted.

Depending on the carrier the device was made for and the one you use, OTA updates may not be an option. If it is a carrier device then updates will be pushed OTA from the OG carrier. IF you use a different carrier then you wont get OTA. And to be honest they are over rated and cause more issues then anything else.

Infoseye

Feb 5, 2013
City Of London
Depending on the carrier the device was made for and the one you use, OTA updates may not be an option. If it is a carrier device then updates will be pushed OTA from the OG carrier. IF you use a different carrier then you wont get OTA. And to be honest they are over rated and cause more issues then anything else.

Its unbranded HTC One unlocked its not locked to any carrier, so are you saying I cant go back to a stock or use a nand backup from this forum. I have found alot of topics but the procedures are abit confusing can you direct me a link or thread that can directing on how to flash a custom rom on my HTC?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello everyone,

I bought an HTC one off ebay, having in mind I would flash custom rom on the device which I prefer for obvious reasons. But each time I open Hasson2000 Tool to get ID token I get this error in command prompt below: :(

*daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully *
'error: device offline

I have tried searching for solutions but I cant get one to actually fix my own issue, I do know the HTC bootloader has been unlocked and rooted because I can boot to bootloader menu, boot to recovery mode and on top on the screen it says *****TAMPERED***** just below it says ***UNLOCKED*** I figured the previous owner tried locking bootloader before selling it off.

I noticed other commands dont work like reboot device on the tool probably because of that error or my htc is not recognised am not sure. am running Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop.

What I have done so far

Rebooted phone several times
Rebooted my laptop several times
Unplugged and plugged in usb cable
Used different usb ports it recognises my htc because I can view my SD card or transfer files between laptop and phone.

Please guys I neeed your help with this, thanks.

What about using the command prompt instead of a toolkit? No disrespect to Hasson2000, but toolkits aren't ideal imo

In most cases, ''device offline'' is caused by an outdated version of the android sdk or a bad usb cable/usb port (btw use usb 2.0 ports).

Also in windows devices manager, your phone must be listed as Android usb device ---> My HTC. If not, you have drivers issue.

If your phone still boot normally, just copy the rom inside the sdcard, reboot in recovery and install it. I will highly suggest you make sure adb and fastboot works correctly before as they will be required if something goes wrong when installing the custom rom. Also make a nandroid backup of your current config before flashing the rom and make a copy of that backup on your computer.

Infoseye

Feb 5, 2013
City Of London
What about using the command prompt instead of a toolkit? No disrespect to Hasson2000, but toolkits aren't ideal imo

In most cases, ''device offline'' is caused by an outdated version of the android sdk or a bad usb cable/usb port (btw use usb 2.0 ports).

Also in windows devices manager, your phone must be listed as Android usb device ---> My HTC. If not, you have drivers issue.

If your phone still boot normally, just copy the rom inside the sdcard, reboot in recovery and install it. I will highly suggest you make sure adb and fastboot works correctly before as they will be required if something goes wrong when installing the custom rom. Also make a nandroid backup of your current config before flashing the rom and make a copy of that backup on your computer.

Well actually I used command prompt since the Hasson2000 tool did not work, Yes my HTC displays under device manager when plugged in. I think its my adb that is out of date.

How do I update my adb?

Top Liked Posts