[Q] BlinkFeed: Twitter Authorization Problem

Search This thread

ccoulterjg1

Sep 19, 2013
I am having an odd issue where I cannot get Twitter to authorize when setting up BlinkFeed. I've had Twitter working with BlinkFeed previously on this device; however, now when I go to checkmark Twitter in the services section of BlinkFeed, it brings up the prompt to authorize Twitter, I hit authorize, and then it goes back to the feed. When I go back into services, Twitter is unchecked even though I just went and authorized it. Repeating the process does the same thing.

I've tried a factory reset, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Twitter app and BlinkFeed itself. I've tried erasing data. I've even went on the Twitter desktop site and revoked access for all apps then repeated the process. I have no idea what to do. Somebody please help! I want my tweets on BlinkFeed!

kpetrie77

Aug 14, 2007
I am having an odd issue where I cannot get Twitter to authorize when setting up BlinkFeed. I've had Twitter working with BlinkFeed previously on this device; however, now when I go to checkmark Twitter in the services section of BlinkFeed, it brings up the prompt to authorize Twitter, I hit authorize, and then it goes back to the feed. When I go back into services, Twitter is unchecked even though I just went and authorized it. Repeating the process does the same thing.

I've tried a factory reset, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Twitter app and BlinkFeed itself. I've tried erasing data. I've even went on the Twitter desktop site and revoked access for all apps then repeated the process. I have no idea what to do. Somebody please help! I want my tweets on BlinkFeed!
Twitter's June 30 5.16.0 update broke the BlinkFeed authorization process. Uninstall the current Google Play Store version and reinstall the 5.15 apk (this link is clean). After 5.15 is installed, you can authorize your account with HTC BlinkFeed and then update (again) from the Google Play Store to 5.16.0. HTC BlinkFeed will stay authorized after updating.

SDC_Bolts

Jan 21, 2009
Twitter's June 30 5.16.0 update broke the BlinkFeed authorization process. Uninstall the current Google Play Store version and reinstall the 5.15 apk (this link is clean). After 5.15 is installed, you can authorize your account with HTC BlinkFeed and then update (again) from the Google Play Store to 5.16.0. HTC BlinkFeed will stay authorized after updating.

I was having the same problem, update just came out for Twitter that solves this issue without reverting.