Search This thread

Zico 10

Feb 27, 2010
HTC Sensation
Google Nexus 5

amdfanTO

Feb 28, 2012
no updates for Toronto

ordered on the 27th and nothing whatsoever. I still haven't been able to get a hold of rep on the phone. I left the phone for 45 mins and came back to the same hold music. Im a sales rep in a call center for major canadian company, and this sort of service is unacceptable. Someone is definitely losing their job....

on the flipside, this may all just be a marketing tactic to increase demand by artificially limiting supply. Google wants their quarter to look good, and how many of you guys ended up buying additional units because you weren't patient enough to wait for the delivery? Easy sale if you ask me.

ASSMO

Aug 6, 2010
I think By noon we'll know if Canada is getting anything, But UPS ships all day. So today Im gonna be excited haha.

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Yeah for sure, I know it was nice that it was a specific thread. Im right across the boarder from Detroit in Windsor Ontario. Hopefully get some action in the AM. Some Canadians In Alberta got some Shipments but not too sure about Ontario and Quebec.

Some Canadians In Alberta got some Shipments ?? As in, received their N7s already ? Discussed on the deleted thread ?

Frankly, I'm not even sure any single person (US of course) has yet to physically receive their N7 ? Anybody ?

I'm doubtful about ANY Canadian deliveries being completed. I don't think there's anything on this thread about any Canadians getting any sign whatsoever. No email, no CC charges.

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
ordered on the 27th and nothing whatsoever. I still haven't been able to get a hold of rep on the phone. I left the phone for 45 mins and came back to the same hold music. Im a sales rep in a call center for major canadian company, and this sort of service is unacceptable. Someone is definitely losing their job....

on the flipside, this may all just be a marketing tactic to increase demand by artificially limiting supply. Google wants their quarter to look good, and how many of you guys ended up buying additional units because you weren't patient enough to wait for the delivery? Easy sale if you ask me.

Ignoring customers may save Google money; I'm not sure saving money will lose anyone their job.

And all the "important people and journalists" are in the US of course, so no biggie dissing Canada & other countries. And it's not like we'll storm the 1-2 person office that is Google Canada anyway.

If marketing tactic, then big backfire IMO. There are no 6 PM news stories of people lining up at Google stores are there ?

nestk

Oct 11, 2010
Some Canadians In Alberta got some Shipments ?? As in, received their N7s already ? Discussed on the deleted thread ?

Frankly, I'm not even sure any single person (US of course) has yet to physically receive their N7 ? Anybody ?

I'm doubtful about ANY Canadian deliveries being completed. I don't think there's anything on this thread about any Canadians getting any sign whatsoever. No email, no CC charges.

They probably bought one locally. Which is what I'm going to do tomorrow. Ordered Jun 27th and nothing at all, so I'm just going to refuse shipment and save that 20$ for a case or something in the future...

librab103

Apr 1, 2007
I would love to work CS on the weekend and people call to complain that they are not getting their N7 fast enough. I would be like "sir/ma'am let me put you on hold and see what my supervisor can do for you!" During this whole time the call is on speaker phone and everybody is just dying laughing. As soon as I put the customer on hold, we are just mocking you and playing some angry birds or something. 10-15 mins later, I would come back and say "Sorry for the wait, my supervisor just wanted to make sure we are getting you the best information possible and it seems like we will not know anything until tomorrow. Thank you for calling!"

bcvictory

Oct 6, 2011
Bendigo
Any other Aussies got emails? Or is it just lucky me? I was thinking about making a Aussie thread.

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

G

GuestX0011

I've just decided to assume my Nexus will arrive in about a year, give or take a month. Woo!

Now that was a pretty funny one. But we should be receiving them this week. Tracking Numbers mean they already have the shipping labels and it is the companies fault for any further delays now. And if you say it is UPS's fault I am not to sure considering the amount of pre ordering for other famous things...

I will give Google the benefit of the doubt on that they were not prepared and did not have experience but they could have even asked ASUS on how to handle the volume of shippers. Unless ASUS could not meet the demand. If this is the case then no one should be blamed because no one can accurately predict the amount of items they will need for a pre order.

It will get here when it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we can be sure that gamestop is being forced to hold these because of the whiny crybabies who ordererd directly from Google?

We can be sure that you are a douche bag. That, we can be sure of.
    I've followed this for hundreds of pages, sat back and wondered why folk where getting themselves more and more chewed up about their Nexus 7 order. I ordered mine on the 4th from the Play Store - I'm based in the UK by the way. I sold my Kindle and my Blackberry Playbook (totally underated tablet by the way) to fund my Nexus purchase.

As time has gone on however it is more and more evident that the delivery is a shambles and the lack of communication from Google is terrible - the final straw was when Pcworld (the one in the UK) has now got them available for delivery, so I've taken the plunge, ordered one and paid to have it delivered tomorrow morning before 12pm. The total price is £209.98 - about a £1 more than the one ordered from Google. When that comes that will be getting put on Ebay.

The reason why I can't wait for it is because of something which I don't think anyone has touched upon so far. It's not because it is essential to my job - it's something a lot more important than that.

I was sat on the toilet and reached across for some reading material (which as we all know is a blokes God given RIGHT) and realised that I had NOTHING to read or do. No Kindle. No Playbook. NOTHING. And that isn't right. Next time I was shopping I bought an Android Magazine in preperation but when the time came it didn't feel right, it felt so 2000's and to be honest I couldn't stand it anymore, hence the PCWorld purchase.

Google employees won't be bothered about that though, I'm sure they are well and truly entertained in their Google HQ bogs but to us men who are mere mortals, having some quality me time in the lav is the only time we ever get to relax.

Google, if your reading this PLEASE pull your finger out and sort out this mess. Men AND Women around the world are asking for your help. Don't punish them any longer.
    Summary of the last week Order/Shipping of Nexus 7

It all started on one fine day at the end of June, Google announced that they would be pulling a High End tablet, at a budget tablet price and 50,000 (joking of course, referring to a previous post) of us were sent into a frenzy of ordering via Google Play.

Much of the below is speculation supported by evidence on the web.

- Google's intention was to ship Nexus 7 units to retail establishments on July 9, 10 arriving at their locations on July 12 for July 13 retail sale.
    - Googles intention was to ship all pre-orders that occurred in first phase (June 27-July 1) on July 9 for arrival on Wednesday July 11 well ahead of Retail sale.
    - Something happened and the PRE-ORDERS were not shipped. Retails orders were shipped as planned. Some speculate it was the magnet that Google was concerned would result in a court ordered stay on sales or possibly the update from 4.1 to 4.1.1 that caused the delay. Possibly even the hardware, dead pixel, WiFi (not as substantiated) issues that caused the delay, whatever the reason Pre-Orders by consumers did not ship.
    - Retail establishments were told DO NOT DISPLAY, SELL ANY DEVICE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Most Retails stores initially adhered to this request BUT some missed it or ignored it and the Nexus 7 was now in the hands of a few consumers, and word spread quickly. The slinky affect occurred in retail stores, if some are selling it why can't we.....and more stores began selling the devices.
    - On Friday July 13 Google realized it truly was a day of bad luck and rather then have both Retail consumers and Pre-Order consumers be upset they either officially or unofficially released the ban on sale and retailers released the flood gates on the 5 Nexus 7 devices they received.
    - Also on Friday July 13 Google believed they had a handle on the issue keeping them from shipping our Pre-Orders was under control, or at least they decided to start the shipping process for Ore-Orders which screwed up that process even more. There was no rhyme or reason to which pre-orders were released for shipment some were first phase, some were 8G/16G, none of orders included accessories. Some of the email sent were from the original label printing on July 9 (it was July 13, 14 by then) were sent on July 14, but one thing was for certain the PRE-ORDERS were hosed from July 9 and there was no sorting it out.
    - On Friday July 13 many of us purchased a Nexus 7 from retail establishments with disregard to our Google pre-orders. We will have two devices but that is not always a horrible thing. Demand is certain to be high for these devices next week and most of us have spent countless hours tracking these devices down so you may be able to recoup some of the financial loss by listing on Craiglist or Ebay or even here if you want to sell your second device.

WARNING!!! - It has been said that you will only get 1 $25 Play credit per GOOGLE User ID, please do not think this is by device or you will lose this opportunity. My advice is you purchased two devices you deserve two credits so go raise a separate GMAIL id and register your second device under that ID. Make your purchases in Google Play store and transfer your purchases to your primary account later.

FYI - There is another opportunity to get a $10 Google gift card. Go into the Google Wallet App on your new Nexus 7 and register. You will be informed that you will get a $10 Google Wallet gift card once registration is completed and sure enough right there in Google Wallet you will see your $10 gift card.

Most of all have fun playing with your Nexus 7, and hit the Thanks button on my post here is you enjoyed the above summary or if it was helpful. Feel free to make corrections or add anything I may have missed. Again the data here is gathered form this Forum, and other news outlets.

:laugh:
    I was told by a google employee that it will be sent in waves in order of when your order was places.

I was told that they would be sent in literal waves, encased in little boats that would float to your doorstep.
    After seeing how Google handled their stock offering and the way they are handling their pre-orders, I no longer want to have anything to do with them. I'll be leaving a note on my front door informing deliver guys that I refuse delivery of any shipments from Google or Asus.

I had wanted to try an android device but I'll stick to Apple from now on.

eb6.jpg