HtC s740 and xt9 italian

Search This thread

benny73

Nov 3, 2004
Hi
I have a HTC s740 and I have a problem.
My rom is 1.14.401.1 (rom date: 10/06/08), radio version 0.24.30.24, CE OS 5.2.20279 (build 20279.1.3.4).
The language available is uk english,magyar,portugues,us english,neverlands,turke,slovencina,cestina,polski, romana; the italian language is not present.
I have install the .cab for xt9italian and after soft reset, the xt9 italian work very fine, but when I open the slide for use a complete keyboard the key "fn" not work..
is possible a solution to this problem?
thanks and excuse me for my poor english

benny73

Nov 3, 2004
Nobody founded a solution for this problem? the 'fn' taste, if i install the xt9 cab in italian, it don't work

StevoDevo

May 18, 2006
Nobody founded a solution for this problem? the 'fn' taste, if i install the xt9 cab in italian, it don't work

Hi Benny73, yes, I am looking for the Italian language pack too, I don't so much care about the T9 for Italian, just the language pack for the rest of the phone. It seems silly that HTC don't make it available as standard or even just as a download.

Anyone else out there got any ideas please?

nemetis

Dec 11, 2005
Same problem

Hi Benny73, i have same problem. I have Rose buy i Germany and I need czech language but i have enl. germany and also italy. Maybe way to change together or try to dump adn cooked RUU.

StevoDevo

May 18, 2006
Hi Benny73, i have same problem. I have Rose buy i Germany and I need czech language but i have enl. germany and also italy. Maybe way to change together or try to dump adn cooked RUU.

Nemetis, you have the Italian language in your Phone?
I have the same as benny73, I would be interested in your ROM if I could get it please.

nemetis

Dec 11, 2005
Hi StevoDevo i can try to dump and recook my RUU from phone but it would be best if anywhere write cookbook step by step a we try to cooking together. What do you think?

StevoDevo

May 18, 2006
Hi StevoDevo i can try to dump and recook my RUU from phone but it would be best if anywhere write cookbook step by step a we try to cooking together. What do you think?

Hi nemetis, the "official" answer from HTC is...
They can not give me the Italian Language in the phone because....
It comes down to the licensing agreement for windows on the device, because certain countries have different licensing agreements with Microsoft about the software, Italy being one of them.

So, the only way to get an Italian ROM is to get someone (like yourself) who has one, downl load it, change your device to accept ANY ROM for THAT device, i.e. not just the set of ROM's it was allowed to accept and then you can load it.

To be honest... I bought the phone as a present for my wife for Christmas *yes, she's Italian) and she has said not to worry, she is fine with it being all in English.

So I think I'll just leave it the way it is.

Thanks for offering your ROM though.

Calvin.

Jan 10, 2009
I have the WWE ROM version but XT9 didn't offer German as input language only English, Romanian, Slovak, Czech, Polish, Turkish, Dutch, Portuguese, Hungarian, Greek.
So, I had a look in the registry and the windows folder.

In the windows folder you can find several kdb and ldb files.

In the registry you will find under HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9 the key AvailableLanguages which defines the available languages in the menu. The coding for the different languages can be found under HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\LdbFiles.

What I did was to replace 0118 (Romanian) with 0107 (German) and after a reboot I had the German language available.
See also attached screenshots.

So, for Czech and Italian it should work the same, just look for CSlsUN_xt9.ldb for the Czech language (#105) and for ITlsUN.ldb for Italian (#110).
If you don't have these files in the windows folder, for your convenience I have attached them, but I don't know if you need other files (or changes) to get not prepared-for languages to work.
Good luck.

Attachments

• keyboard1.jpg
    keyboard1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 50
  • keyboard2.jpg
    keyboard2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 31
  • keyboard3.jpg
    keyboard3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 30
  • italian.zip
    120.4 KB · Views: 37
  • czech.zip
    237.5 KB · Views: 4

castravete

Jan 5, 2005
can you please send me the romanian .ldb and kdb from yout phone
because i try to make my phone witch is a norwegian modell to get the romanian t9 or xt9 to work corectly on this s740

Calvin.

Jan 10, 2009
Romanian .ldb and kdb

Sorry for the late reply. But I wasn't logged in for a long time.
Here they are.

Attachments

• romanian.zip
    138.7 KB · Views: 3