[ROM][JB]BlackJelly V 0.9.2 - 11/14/12 Based off TMO Official JB LJA

Search This thread

robertd0619

Sep 29, 2010
MARYLAND
Just wanted to report when making video and voice
Call on gtalk it just vibrates and freezes. And a pop up show up saying shell has been granted superuser then kicks you out after. no other issues so far. Great rom. Keep up the good job.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Wildchld

Jun 29, 2007
Miami
Yeah they could be, They do have the same build and revision. Also, I was just thinking; That extra 1mb could just be one of the files in the patch set was bigger maybe because it goes from LH2 to LI8 and one of the files in LH2 needed to get patched more(just taking a guess) So if nothing has changed then I dont need it. lol

ro.build.id=JRO03L
ro.build.display.id=JRO03L.T999UVDLI8
ro.build.version.incremental=T999UVDLI8
ro.build.version.sdk=16
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.1.1
ro.build.date=Sun Sep 16 13:48:49 KST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1347770929

idlejoe

Sep 2, 2012
i can't do wifi tethering or using tethering.. (im with wind mobile btw)

when i try to mute the delivery report sounds, there is no option to

Reactions: nory82688

gmoney11

Jun 9, 2009
Great job on the Rom. Is there a way I can add WiFi calling back?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Is there a way to get the theme? Also what font is being used?
TIA
I'm not sure exactly what font it is, I copied it over from a rom once and just kept it. I'm sure you could get the theme, you would have to pull pngs and stuff from the apks.

Just wated to say this is the best jelly bean out and thanks for your work.

You're welcome :)
Glad you like it. I'm really looking forward to a final release so I could tweak it more but honestly at this point it's not really worth it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Is their any kernel I can flash with this rom. I've tried three. Phone will not Boot.

I'm not sure. I only run the stock kernel. I think only ktoonsez has a beta kernel for the leaks but I read somewhere it works with LI7 but not LI8

Great job on the Rom. Is there a way I can add WiFi calling back?

Yeah there is a way, and I will add it in the next release like the poster above me said :) but If you want it back in the meantime there are 3 apks you need(you can pull them from one of the other JB roms). Two of them I dont know the exact name but they are the only two with the prefix IP. I want to say IPManager and IPService or something like that and the other is wificalling.apk

Reactions: gmoney11

afbengochea

Jan 10, 2012
I was looking through your goo files (hope you don't mind) and saw that you had an ics version but for the att version. You wouldn't happen to have a version for T-Mobile using the lh2 base? Im only asking because the leaks don't necessarily have the best battery life and I love the way this rom looks. Just wondering. Great work by the way and appreciate you sharing

jdpdata

Dec 22, 2011
Los Angeles
Dirty flash v 0.6 onto previous version. Phone freezes after reboot, needed battery pull. Went back to v 0.5.

Anyone else experiencing this?. Will try full wipe later.

durhamite

Jun 27, 2009
Durham, NC
just flashed this. This is exactly the type of Rom I am looking for. really smooth, nice theme. I did have issues after the first boot where it would vibrate and freeze, rebooted and now everything is running great (at least for the 15 mins I have run it). I will report back with any issues.

Keep up the good work! and Please keep this one updated.

The only thing I don't like is all of the blue text in settings. other than that, loving the theme.

sooner4life

Feb 13, 2011
okemah,ok
Thank you for your work. After flash froze on android logo and vibrated, pulled battery, reboot.............nice!

wellsey1126

Nov 16, 2011
Phone continues to freeze. Ive wiped everything stoll having issues. For some reason it happens alot more if im charging or connected to wifi

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Update. I believe its wifi thats causing the problem. I had no issues until I turned it on

gforceriders

Oct 28, 2010
Cleburne TX
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Phone continues to freeze. Ive wiped everything stoll having issues. For some reason it happens alot more if im charging or connected to wifi

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Update. I believe its wifi thats causing the problem. I had no issues until I turned it on

I found that it was the wifi calling causing the problems just uncheck wifi calling and wifi will work.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I was looking through your goo files (hope you don't mind) and saw that you had an ics version but for the att version. You wouldn't happen to have a version for T-Mobile using the lh2 base? Im only asking because the leaks don't necessarily have the best battery life and I love the way this rom looks. Just wondering. Great work by the way and appreciate you sharing

Honestly, It might work as is. The ONLY difference between my ATT JB rom and the TMO version is changes in the build.prop that reference the model (d2att and d2tmo). The rest of the rom is EXACTLY the same, kernel and all. So I'm thinking if the JB rom was interchangeable between TMO and ATT the ICS one should be too. Neither flashes a modem which I think would cause the problem. You can give it a shot and report if it works :)

Thank you for your work. After flash froze on android logo and vibrated, pulled battery, reboot.............nice!

was it good after that reboot?

hmm I dont know. I dont have any issues like that. Once and a while my phone will freeze but it's rare and it's because of a bug in the leak I believe. But no problems here with wifi and the phone freezing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bring you BlackJelly (BJ hehe) No flashy thread just straight to the point.

Based on T-Mobile LJA Official release by WildChld (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1991255)

Modified TW launcher with 5x6, wallpaper scrolling off (based of the i9300 LJ4 JB release): Modified by bigblade http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1848582

Incorporated most of the Blackened Theme from FoxHound JB i9300 ROM (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1708371)

Touchwiz launcher is from the LJ4 Official JB release for the i9300. It's modified to have 5x6 on the home screen and the app drawer

rooted
    Deodexed
    extended power menu(thanks to smartguy1044 for helping me figure this among other things out)
    Modified TW launcher and Nova
    Black/Blue Themed for the most part
    AOSP Notification sounds/Alarms/Ringtones
    15 custom toggle (credits go to Wanam)
    4.2 AOSP Keyboard

Some Samsung bloat removed:

all of TMO bloat removed
    ChocoEUKor.apk
    HelpHub.apk
    Kies.apk
    kieswifi.apk
    MoreServices.apk
    MusicHub_30.apk
    MyFiles.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungTTS.apk
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk
    sCloudBackupProvider.apk
    sCloudDataRelay.apk
    sCloudDataSync.apk
    sCloudSyncBrowser.apk
    sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
    sCloudSyncContacts.apk
    sCloudSyncSMemo.apk
    SecLauncher2.apk
    SimpleFavoritesWidget.apk
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    SSuggest.apk
    TopicWall.apk
    VideoHub.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.apk
    YahoonewsWidget.apk
    YahoostockDaemon.apk
    YahoostockWidget.apk

Issues:

Download Link:http://goo.im/devs/graffixnyc/GS3-t999/BlackJelly_V0.9.2_tmo.zip

Change Log:

Updated to TMO Official JLA
    Fixed the background transparency of the notifications
    used tmo LI8 ril lib files (international calling bug should be fixed and possibly intermittent no incoming call bug fixed

updated to Sprint LJ7 JB release
    couple more apps themed

updated to Sprint LIH leak
    added 15 toggle (credits go to Wanam)
    couple more apps themed
    replaced samsung keyboard with AOSP JB keyboard
    switched to sprint LIF leak
    fixed status bar color(it's now black)
    bootanimation support
    wifi calling added
    insecure boot.img
    init.d support

fixed some minor theming stuffs.. hehe

Added extended Power menu
    some other small changes

Fixed audio in video recording
    removed wifi calling icon on first boot
    added gallery from note 2

Switched from LI3 Bell Leak to LI7 TMO leak

Previous Versions:

0.9.1 LJ7 Based
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/a9D
    0.9 LJ7 Based
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/DpF
    0.8 LIH Based
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/Ity
    0.7 LI8 based
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/5JM
    0.6 LI8 based
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/Ccz
    0.5 LI8 based
    Download Link:http://d-h.st/f7Q

If coming from a different ROM especially an ICS rom it is recommended that you do a full wipe. If you do not do a full wipe and have issues do not post them until you do a full wipe and if they persist after a full wipe

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you flash this and your device gets bricked or anything happens to your device from flashing this.

Please do not request anything. I did this rom for me and it's how I use it. I just decided to share it. If there is a feature you want and it's not something I myself would use then I wont put it in.
    Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA the past week or so. After the hurricane things got a bit nuts. I was pretty much one of the only people I knew with power so my apt basically became a cell phone charging/hot shower stop for my friends and family without power and this weekend(a management midterm tomorrow)/coming week I have midterms so I'll be busy with that. Anyone good at calculus? hahaha

I havent read through the thread yet but promise to catch up next weekend and address anything that hasn't already been answered.

And a big thank you to the guys helping other people out in my short absence! :good:
    I started working on the next version on sat night. I should have a release this weekend. But don't hold me to that just in case there are snags along the way
    Check out the video review by Sam(ikylilboy on XDA) at mobiletechvideos.com did on BlackJelly (v .6) Thanks for the video Sam!

Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-57-30.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-57-38.png

Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-57-55.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-58-10.png

Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-58-16.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-58-24.png

Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-58-33.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-58-41.png

Screenshot_2012-09-12-15-59-24.png
    Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry for my absence I've been away from XDA with personal issues. Today is my first day back! So give me some time to catch up with everything and I will update the ROM