GEL just updated

Search This thread

RealSlimShadyMC

Aug 28, 2013
Exmouth, UK
The Google Search app just got a minor update, and amongst the changes are several new GEL features; a new "import from existing launchers" feature when first installed, and it now keeps the far right dock item on tablets. Its now also labeled as "Google Now Launcher" in the 'Home' tab in settings.
This all seems to be related to GEL on the Play Store, anyone agree?

The Google Now Launcher has officially launched in the play store, making my hypothesis correct. About time too! Anyways I think we should all thank the beta testers, you Nexus 5 users really did help!;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: damnsaif
Nov 25, 2013
The Google Search app just got a minor update, and amongst the changes are several new GEL features; a new "import from existing launchers" feature when first installed, and it now keeps the far right dock item on tablets. Its now also labeled as "Google Now Launcher" in the 'Home' tab in settings.

I am sure it was mostly bug fixes and the things you listed above. Possible battery improvements aswell?

Mr_JMM

Aug 9, 2008
Camulodunum UK / Midwest U.S.
Thanks for the heads up. It wasn't listed as an app that needed updating but I'm guessing because it was side loaded. And strangely, I couldn't find it in a search of the App Store, I had to locate another Google app and hit the "Also by..." button.

I'm not seeing any issues so far but I am tempted to uninstall it and reinstall from the Market just in case I have any Market link issues in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RealSlimShadyMC

Aug 28, 2013
Exmouth, UK
Thanks for the heads up. It wasn't listed as an app that needed updating but I'm guessing because it was side loaded. And strangely, I couldn't find it in a search of the App Store, I had to locate another Google app and hit the "Also by..." button.

I'm not seeing any issues so far but I am tempted to uninstall it and reinstall from the Market just in case I have any Market link issues in the future.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher
Enjoy :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.launcher
    Enjoy :)

The Google Now Launcher has officially launched in the play store, making my hypothesis correct. About time too! Anyways I think we should all thank the beta testers, you Nexus 5 users really did help!;)

Yeah I don't see why nexus 5 owners would need an import feature if it's already the stock launcher, obviously coming soon to the play store

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    GEL just hit the play store for GPes and Nexus devices