8.9 keyboard case

Search This thread

modestone

Apr 30, 2011
I ordered the US version of the official Samsung keyboard case, it should be here this week.

I'll post some pics when I get it.

modestone

Apr 30, 2011
Just got it in, pretty impressive little guy so far.

Need to get some time in actually using it before I can say to much more about it.

Ill post some pictures of it if there is interest.

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
I got it on Amazon belive it or not, it was a third party seller, and they only had one listed in stock,so I snatched it up, was the regular retail price of $150.

Here is the link, but its out of stock now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QZQEB2/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

For anyone who does not mind full retail price ($149), you can purchase it direct from Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/BKC-1C9USBGSTA

I am holding out for it to show up at more vendors. I suspect it will cost between $99 and $129 very quickly.

RipplingHurst

Feb 18, 2011
California
About the Samsung Keyboard (gorgeous, btw). Can you type on it and touch/pinch on the screen while it's upright? I mean, would it easily fall back? The rear support looks slippery/flimsy.

nkrick

Feb 20, 2009
About the Samsung Keyboard (gorgeous, btw). Can you type on it and touch/pinch on the screen while it's upright? I mean, would it easily fall back? The rear support looks slippery/flimsy.

That's my only real concern also. The keyboard and case itself looks MUCH nicer than anything else on the market. I don't like cases that cover the sides of the screen (which the Samsung doesn't), and the keyboard looks larger and slimmer than any of the competitor's offerings.

RipplingHurst

Feb 18, 2011
California
Exactly and the YouTube video is crap, the thing lays flat nearly all the time...not helpful.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

modestone

Apr 30, 2011
I have found it to actually be really quite sturdy, even on very slippery desk surfaces.

The stand itself is a quite ridged, yet has some flexability in that it wont snap under pressure.

The part of it that makes contatact with the desk or whatever is coated in a very grippy rubberized material that grips anything really sturdily.

It does not slipthats for sure.

So yea you can absolutely pinch and zoom while in laptop style angles on a desk, or leather couch.

The whole case is really thin and nicely designed, I also have the Vipertek slim leather case, and this is only very slightly thicker.

It does add quite a bit of weight to it, but its not to bad, and feels very solid.

The keyboard works pretty well, there is some quirks that I assume are related to androids implimentation of BT keyoards and hope to see addresed in ICS, but all in all I find it works pretty well.

When I bought it I was only really planning on using it when I knew I would need it for some reason, and still primarily have my tab in the Vipertek most of the time, but since I put my tab in, it has stayed in, and I don't think I will go back to my old case.

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
Thanks for the response. I use it in portrait mode a lot and don't always need the keyboard. I would definitely get this if it wasn't so expensive!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have found it to actually be really quite sturdy, even on very slippery desk surfaces.

The stand itself is a quite ridged, yet has some flexability in that it wont snap under pressure.

The part of it that makes contatact with the desk or whatever is coated in a very grippy rubberized material that grips anything really sturdily.

It does not slipthats for sure.

So yea you can absolutely pinch and zoom while in laptop style angles on a desk, or leather couch.

The whole case is really thin and nicely designed, I also have the Vipertek slim leather case, and this is only very slightly thicker.

It does add quite a bit of weight to it, but its not to bad, and feels very solid.

The keyboard works pretty well, there is some quirks that I assume are related to androids implimentation of BT keyoards and hope to see addresed in ICS, but all in all I find it works pretty well.

When I bought it I was only really planning on using it when I knew I would need it for some reason, and still primarily have my tab in the Vipertek most of the time, but since I put my tab in, it has stayed in, and I don't think I will go back to my old case.
    Found this official case online today - not much action around here but I thought I would share.

Samsung-BKC-1C9GBBGXEU-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Galaxy

and this one from iLuv

http://www.iluv.co.uk/case-for-samsung-galaxy-tab-series-1

Just so you know, the case pictured is the 10.1 case. There are no official pictures of the cramped little version for the 8.9, but people have posted pics of it here. Just fyi so you're not disappointed if you get it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2