[Q] RAZR HD bricked?

Search This thread

maks.xt925

Feb 12, 2013
Moscow
After my Fido XT925 received OTA update, it installed succesfully. Some days ago phone working slow down, and i did the factory reset from settings. After that it bootloped (M logo the black screen than green android guy). and when i select "normal booting" through the boot selector menu but it stuck on the Fido logo. after many attempts to boot with other options it booted once from the "Factory" option, but it soo slooow working and i've tryed to do factory reset from the recovery. After that it wan't boot anyway with any options, always stucks on the Fido logo or bootloop. Only after that i've try to unlock the bootloader to full flash. On the last step (when i send command with unique key) it said "failed (too many links)", but when phone reboot it show the warning logo about unlocked bootloader, and in AP Fastboot Mode string with device status is "device is UNLOCKED status code 3".

1) Now it can't be flashed through RSD Lite (it looks like flashing, RSD and fastboot.exe show all steps, no error but on the phone nothing changes)
2) It boot but stuck on the FIdo logo
3) I can access to the ADB Interface from the BP Tools (boot option) after manually edit & install usb driver
4) Bootloader Unlocked
4) i've made logcat boot process (in the attachments)
5) No motorola service in Russia (no way to use hardware programmer)
6) Battery no problem - i charge it using BP Tools

Now there is the question - is there any way to get it work?

Attachments

• 2.7z
    71 KB · Views: 177

bgumble

Dec 27, 2008
oneplus.net
mine had strange behaviour 'out-of-the-box' like reboots, bootloops, unwanted factory resets, until from recovery menu I wiped every partition twice.

give it a try :good:

Reactions: maks.xt925

maks.xt925

Feb 12, 2013
Moscow
mine had strange behaviour 'out-of-the-box' like reboots, bootloops, unwanted factory resets, until from recovery menu I wiped every partition twice.

thanks, but it no success. (still stuck on the Fido Logo)

from adb shell, looks like there is no access to /data, /cache, /tmp partitions (also in log similar errors). when i try any commands said there is no permissions. For /sdcard also no access but there is another failure - i/o error.
Also, from adb shell i've found binary "restore_userdata" in /system/bin when i've tried to did it it cannot be done, cause no permissions.
I can't install any apk's through the adb cause data partition non accessable and i don't have root for install it in the system partition =( If i had that i can install custom recovery (Safestrap maybe) and then flash custom...

Last edited:

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
thanks, but it no success. (still stuck on the Fido Logo)

from adb shell, looks like there is no access to /data, /cache, /tmp partitions (also in log similar errors). when i try any commands said there is no permissions. For /sdcard also no access but there is another failure - i/o error.
Also, from adb shell i've found binary "restore_userdata" in /system/bin when i've tried to did it it cannot be done, cause no permissions.
I can't install any apk's through the adb cause data partition non accessable and i don't have root for install it in the system partition =( If i had that i can install custom recovery (Safestrap maybe) and then flash custom...

Try to boot in recovery mode and do a factory reset. See what happens then. Booting in factory mode is different than doing a factory reset, maybe your data partition is full

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

maks.xt925

Feb 12, 2013
Moscow
Try jelly bean fastboot, let me know.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Tryed to flash new xml 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQL-12.2 FULL through the fatsboot.exe (unzip and manually flash step by step) and RSD, nothing changes. Already tried to flash many other xml fw with no success. Also tryed flashing backup Rogers Jelly Bean FullXML-Feb.11-21.06.41

andriykoua

Feb 9, 2012
Looks like I am having same issue with my Fido Motorola RAZR HD, after receiving JB update, I couldn't do a security wipe within the OS, so power cycled the phone and did factory reset via Android boot screen, but now my phone can't boot into the OS. keeps rebooting over and over again, the green android guy with blue bar beneath it.

T

thund3rbay

All Rogers/Fido have a bug after JB ota update ... if you security wipe by the setting menu or via recovery... you stuck on Motorola Logo ... you can't enter in recovery mode too ... I just imagine all return... There are two ways to recover your phone ... send in repair center ... or flash the JB rom via RSD ...
in the two case ... you loose the root forever ! and you can't get back to ics to root again ;( ( until you unlock the bootloader and void your moto warranty )

This is a basic bug .. why motorola don't update their ota package to fix this bug !

zilian28

Apr 23, 2012
Goiânia
All Rogers/Fido have a bug after JB ota update ... if you security wipe by the setting menu or via recovery... you stuck on Motorola Logo ... you can't enter in recovery mode too ... I just imagine all return... There are two ways to recover your phone ... send in repair center ... or flash the JB rom via RSD ...
in the two case ... you loose the root forever ! and you can't get back to ics to root again ;( ( until you unlock the bootloader and void your moto warranty )

This is a basic bug .. why motorola don't update their ota package to fix this bug !

Look, I was just passing by and thought that maybe the firmwares from Brazil could help you. The firmwares from brazilian ICS never gave any problem to the users. Try to download retail brazilian ICS. I have my moto with unlocked bootloader and have flashed the brazilian firmware more than 10 times and never had problems. (After flash, phone will reboot and load itself but you will have bootloop. Then, you reboot cellphone (power + vol - for 10 seconds), enter recovery and wipe everything.)

=)

T

thund3rbay

The problem is when the consumer don't have the bootloader unlocked ...
and the retail brazil don't have all languages .... i need french ;p !

slickfing

Mar 14, 2012
If your problem sounds anything like this, please let me know..I'll post the solution.

"So you did a factory reset.then phone tried to reset but couldn't and goes into a boot loop. The Motorola symbol comes then the green android guy..then it dies after a few seconds..then the cycle goes on and on " ..

Is this what you're experiencing?? I'm on the Fido RAZR HD too.Let me know

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

mrmorphine

Aug 15, 2010
Mississauga, ON
If your problem sounds anything like this, please let me know..I'll post the solution.

"So you did a factory reset.then phone tried to reset but couldn't and goes into a boot loop. The Motorola symbol comes then the green android guy..then it dies after a few seconds..then the cycle goes on and on " ..

I have this exact problem after the Rogers OTA update!
Any solution would be most appreciated.

T

thund3rbay

like i say ... in up : All Rogers/Fido have a bug after JB ota update ... if you security wipe by the setting menu or via recovery... you stuck on Motorola Logo ... you can't enter in recovery mode too ... I just imagine all return... There are two ways to recover your phone ... send in repair center ... or flash the JB rom via RSD ...

THE ONLY SOLUTION :
... Download the rogers jelly bean roms and flash with rsd lite ... FLASH ! ( you dont need to unlock the bootloader ) all work great after ! ...

XRCIST

Sep 11, 2010

This is exactly what happened to mine, I managed to fix mine (not really sure how) via getting into menu and selecting factory reset but I had to do it about 10 times for it to finally get past the bootloop and stick. The first few times I tried I could get past the bootloop and into the OS but when I powered the phone off and then back on it would bootloop again, persistance paid off though.The phone has been faultless since and that was about 2 months ago.

What is the solution you used to fix as I would be grateful for future reference?

Cheers

xd_1771

Feb 12, 2012
This is exactly what happened to mine, I managed to fix mine (not really sure how) via getting into menu and selecting factory reset but I had to do it about 10 times for it to finally get past the bootloop and stick. The first few times I tried I could get past the bootloop and into the OS but when I powered the phone off and then back on it would bootloop again, persistance paid off though.The phone has been faultless since and that was about 2 months ago.

What is the solution you used to fix as I would be grateful for future reference?

Cheers

I'd just like to announce that this fix has worked for me.
Even better, I did not have to do it 10 times like you said. It was fixed after the first try. No problems getting into the OS after power off/boot or after a forced reboot. :highfive:

For others' reference, to get into the menu you have to press the "middle of the volume rocker" (basically to get both buttons pressed, some have tried it by doing vol down first then vol up), which will send it into a data wipe procedure. Once it gets to the recovery menu, go back to factory reset and do the data wipe again. Then, reboot. After X number of tries (for poster above it required 10, for me it required 1) the problem should have gone away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.