(KitKat) new leaked ROM improvements (UI and SYS)

Search This thread

wavelabmusic

Jan 4, 2014

warea

Dec 1, 2007

tauio111

Feb 27, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Yes double tap to wake is mentioned in that update log for 3c. But the translations is kinda hard to understand. A picture of that option was posted on the weibo post: http://weibo.com/2776631980/AyYzHgX64

On the other hand, the Honor 3x did not get that function in its update log: http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=535772
I guess the hisilicon phones wont get this feature, this explains why it is available on the mediatek phone and not on the hisilicon one.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
I guess the hisilicon phones wont get this feature, this explains why it is available on the mediatek phone and not on the hisilicon one.

Both 3c and 3x uses mediatek. So cant confirm yet about hisilicon. The 3c MTK is more lower end, so i don't see why they would not bring that feature to Hislicon k3v2.

0robreid0

Oct 22, 2012
Immersive Mode

You want some immersion?
You can add Expand option to power menu with gravitybox KK. Works as the immersion mode should on kitkat.

With gravitybox's immersive mode enabled I find the status bar and notification pulldown menu auto-hide too quickly for me to use them for whatever purpose I pulled them down into view for.

Is there a way of lengthening the time that the status bar auto-hides again after being pulled down into view in immersive mode?

Thanks.

Reactions: Keviio

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Just noticed an added feature on the emui2.0+ after reading a weibo post. Basically you can now swipe down from top when in apps like camera or games or watching videos, in order to show the status bar.

OFFlee

Jul 28, 2011
Is there any news about Double tap to wake up on chinese forum? I will be very very happy if they add this feature to our ascend p6

Reactions: skyp6user

warea

Dec 1, 2007
One interesting thread on baidu forums: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2908094183

The main post is by someone connected with Huawei's theme development team and talks about their current situation and future progress. Seems like they are going to pay more attention to detail and bring quality themes, but on the other hand some talk about payment system is also in the works. He also mentioned about EMUI 3.0, although im not sure if it is a typo.

Also look at the 11th post on that thread, where a person posted a screenshot of his notification panel. Notice that they have 4 rows of shortcuts with new shortcut keys, while the Emui2.3 beta we using only has 3 rows of shortcuts.

FatBoy246

Mar 16, 2014
Kitkat is much better than jellybean. I am using now i really liked it. Only gapps problem but will solve this asap.

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers app

Hi i need help when i put the UPDATE.APP for emotion ui 2.3 in the dload folder in the sd card ror internal memory it says sd card update fail

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Notification-managing apps don't seem to work on kk... Espier notifications, metro notifications, floating notification, facebook messenger chatheads... None of these work :/ Hope it'll be fixed sometime.
For three days I tried three applications to functional LED notification :
1.LightFlow
2.LedBlinker
3.LightManager

Really hard work , and finally is fully functional only by LedBlinker .
Should anyone to issue a KitKat update zip for broken LED notifications !

warea

Dec 1, 2007
With Kitkat as well as the GPU on our P6 supporting open GL 3.0, what aspect of their user experience is there potential for improvement ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK some screenshots of the UI
    Tomorrow in dept screenshots!

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers app
    Just noticed an added feature on the emui2.0+ after reading a weibo post. Basically you can now swipe down from top when in apps like camera or games or watching videos, in order to show the status bar.
    Honor 3c is getting the double tap to wake up function by early march. So p6 might get that soon too hopefully.

http://weibo.com/3517779665/AyHgx5LEv?ref=home
    I'm working a lot on a Google experience Rom based on kitkat.
    Probably installing it will fix your problem!
    I'll post in dev thread when it will reach stable status

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    One interesting thread on baidu forums: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2908094183

The main post is by someone connected with Huawei's theme development team and talks about their current situation and future progress. Seems like they are going to pay more attention to detail and bring quality themes, but on the other hand some talk about payment system is also in the works. He also mentioned about EMUI 3.0, although im not sure if it is a typo.

Also look at the 11th post on that thread, where a person posted a screenshot of his notification panel. Notice that they have 4 rows of shortcuts with new shortcut keys, while the Emui2.3 beta we using only has 3 rows of shortcuts.