[APP] Manila Ebook Tab indexer - Show your ebooks in manila tab

Search This thread

loquillo_rojo

Jan 27, 2004
Hello

This is my first app created to re-index your ebooks and show it in the new manila tab.

Features:

- Generate a new books.db with your ebooks. The ebook tab now will show your ebooks

Usage:

- Put your ebooks in \My Documents\Reader\Books and covers in \My Documents\Reader\Images
or
Put your ebooks in \Storage Card\My Documents\Reader\Books and covers in \Storage Card\My Documents\Reader\Images

- As more of us use Calibre to format the ebooks to the epub format
the ebooks must be named as : title - creator.epub
the cover must be named as : title - creator.jpg

Requisites:
- NetCF 3.5 is required

Warning:
- Some user report it's not working. So please, make a copy of your books.db in order to be able to restore it if you have any problem.

- Reader tabs has a 20 books limit. No more than 20 books will be displayed

ChangeLog:

ver 0.4
Add support for internationals roms

ver 0.3
Fixed. Some false "0 books found".
Add more descriptive messages when an error occurs

ver 0.2.
Add books not maching the rule "title - creator.epub" to index. Using "unknown" as creator

if you have any suggestion/comment etc i'll be glad to hear it!

Attachments

• EbookIndexer_0.1.CAB
    698.1 KB · Views: 589
  • EbookIndexer_0.2.CAB
    698.1 KB · Views: 288
  • EbookIndexer_03.CAB
    698.6 KB · Views: 449
  • EbookIndexer_04.CAB
    698.6 KB · Views: 5,389
Last edited:

anson3959

May 27, 2009
Coventry
It doesn‘t work on mine.

After Install, I copy my ebooks in \Storage Card\My Documents\Reader\Books and covers in \Storage Card\My Documents\Reader\Images

use the app and reset

It only shows "No book found"

Even the original ebooks are disappeared

Any idea:confused:

loquillo_rojo

Jan 27, 2004
It doesn‘t work on mine.

After Install, I copy my ebooks in \Storage Card\My Documents\Reader\Books and covers in \Storage Card\My Documents\Reader\Images

use the app and reset

It works in my Leo. Please, try to move the books to \My Documents\Reader\Books and check the names of the files. If it does not work, send me a P.M. with one of your books.

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
It doesn‘t work on mine.

use the app and reset

I had this as well mate. Named my files Book title - Author, for both the book files, and the images. Placed them in My Documents\Reader.

Great looking tool, but sadly it's not working :(

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
it doesn't work with the books on the 207rom. all books are in the correct place but don't have author in the filename. not looked at the db your app has created, but does it read the existing one and add missing books or create a new one from scratch ?

have you programmed it against the 205 or 207? I wonder if the db structure is different ?

Last edited:

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
it doesn't work with the books on the 207rom. all books are in the correct place but don't have author in the filename. not looked at the db your app has created, but does it read the existing one and add missing books or create a new one from scratch ?

have you programmed it against the 205 or 207? I wonder if the db structure is different ?

I know there is a way to add them by editing the database using an SQLite editor. But finding a free one, and then doing it, seems like a bit of a hassle.

If this tool can work for 2.07 ROMs and below, it would be amazing!

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
here's the original and new versions of book.db from mine..
I'm presuming "changed copy" is the original ?

alas I dont have sqleditor here but doing a data compare I can see that there's some slight differences.

maybe it's enough so that it doesnt read them?

great job so far, the speed you got it out is impressive, and it really could become an essential app :D

Attachments

• bookDB.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 201

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
here's the original and new versions of book.db from mine..
I'm presuming "changed copy" is the original ?

alas I dont have sqleditor here but doing a data compare I can see that there's some slight differences.

maybe it's enough so that it doesnt read them?

great job so far, the speed you got it out is impressive, and it really could become an essential app :D

I have to agree with what fards has said. This could become an ESSENTIAL app. I certainly like the eReader feature. And will be using it a lot I feel.

If you can get this to work on the 2.07 ROMs, it would be amazing.

loquillo_rojo

Jan 27, 2004
Hi

It's working in the miri rom [ROM][WWE][10.02.2010] Miri HD2 WM6.5.X (23529) ROM :: V 3.2 [ONLINE] http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=614006

The Manila version is 2.5.20113626.

You can read and edit the books.db in the pc using the SQLLiteExpert Personal edition and check the diferences.

I'll check the books.db you send me and post a reply asap