[ROM] [3.2] Vegacomb 3.2 Build 9n and 9b Update3

Search This thread

vujke025

Sep 1, 2011
www.vujke.com
It seems Vegacomb including all versions (b and n, with and without update 3) and Honey Ice have a problem with the newest version of google maps. google earth is randomly crashing too.

My real problem is something else however...

I can't seem to download files larger than ~180-200mb, even through my SD card has 6GB free space on it. Therefore i can't install any of the larger Games, wich is kind of annoying since samurai vengence 2 looks fun on this device.

Could that be my SD card? Or is it impossible to download larger files with the Vega (in my case actually a Point of View Mobii Tegra)?

Any advice welcome!

By the way: VERY impressing rom you build there. Bought my Vega only for this rom!

Download script manager from the market and run this script

clear
echo "mounting system as read-write"
mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs /
echo "unmounting /cache"
umount /cache
echo "removing directory -- /cache"
rmdir /cache
echo "creating directory -- /mnt/sdcard/market_cache"
mkdir /mnt/sdcard/market_cache
echo "creating symlink -- /mnt/sdcard/market_cache -> /cache"
ln -s /mnt/sdcard/market_cache /cache

See original post

Reactions: xquz

xquz

Jun 27, 2008
Download script manager from the market and run this script

clear
echo "mounting system as read-write"
mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs /
echo "unmounting /cache"
umount /cache
echo "removing directory -- /cache"
rmdir /cache
echo "creating directory -- /mnt/sdcard/market_cache"
mkdir /mnt/sdcard/market_cache
echo "creating symlink -- /mnt/sdcard/market_cache -> /cache"
ln -s /mnt/sdcard/market_cache /cache

Thanks for your reply!

I guess this is the same script that's being setup during the installation of Honey Ice (if you follow the instructions to the letter)? If so, then i've already done this.

This fixed the downloads from the market, but the problems i have are with the additional data some games are downloading "in-app". Spectral Souls for example downloads like 10mb from the market, but the app then downloads about a gigabyte on it's own, and these downloads don't work.

I assume that normal apps have some sort of cache folder somewhere, too?

How could i reassign this cache to the sd card?

Thanks!

andreasp82

Oct 19, 2008
Greek Keyboard Support????

Hi guys excellent ROM, i'm using it on my Viewsonic Viewpad 10s and is outstanding.
But there's no greek language support for the on screen or the usb physical keyboard. Any solutions?
Thank you in advance.

GAh2402

Feb 25, 2008
Hi Guys,

Had my Advent Vega for a few weeks now, and although I am extremely impressed by lots of the Vegacomb ROM features, I find I'm unable to use my tablet due to the browser continually shutting down for no apparent reason. I have aslo tried Maxothon as recommended by another poster in this thread, but it was no better than the stock browser. It seems particularly bad when I juse Hotmail, but even justsimple Internet browsing can cause the browser to shut down unexpectedly. I sold my Zenithink ZT-180v2 to buy my Advent Vega, and altough I've moved from Android 2.2 to 3.2, I don't actually think I'm any better off.

Is everyone having broswer problems and just accepting them, or am I just being picky?

GAH

p.s. Also tried ViewComb with the same results!

jimsie33

Dec 8, 2008
have you tried dolphin HD browser? Will have access to my Vega in 2 days so I'm sure I'll find a few problems!

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

GAh2402

Feb 25, 2008
Hi Jimsie33,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try. However, can anyone explain why the stock browser doesn't work too well?

GAH

teammcs

Apr 28, 2007
Hey guys,

Excellent work as always. Fire over a link if you want a pint or two :)

Looks like GTA III isn't working on vegacomb. After the download it just hangs with a black screen.

The old earting issue when the Vega is plugged in is back :(

kptnznty

Oct 30, 2010
Tomares (Sevilla)
Browser crash

Hi all, I just reinstalled Vegacomb and during a first attempt no crash ocurred. Then I reinstalled apps and eventually crashes returned. I was figuring that it had to do with cache memory perhaps, or with SD card (since Opera was in ext secondary partition) but the way it happend seemed to have to do with flash player.
It took me a while to get v10.3 but now I can browser webpages full of flash content with no crash.
I don't know if someone else has already reported this solution or if it will last. Browser crash was a real problem for me to use this rom, I hope this way wil fix it.

Edit: Browser crash returned. More frequently on Opera than in default one (to make it useless). Nevertheless, if default browser works, I'm fine.

Last edited:

geri.st

Aug 30, 2011
thx
great rom,
got my viewpad 10s yesterday and couldn't wait to buy a male male usb wire.

flashed modstock v2 and then 9n and update 3, worked great!

tried 9b before via pc, but didn't work, got stuck on bootloops!

thx buddies!

Pampilius86

Feb 21, 2009
GER - NRW
Hi, really nice Rom!
But I have some problems with it:
- google Maps, even the newest version leads to restart of the tablet after a short period beien launched.
- trying to install something from markteplace leads to unsuccessful installation. But it works after repeating a process about 10 times. Sometimes I only see a status (in the marketplace) "waiting to install", but nothing happens, until I redownload it.

Anyone else with same issues?

geri.st

Aug 30, 2011
Hi, really nice Rom!
But I have some problems with it:
- google Maps, even the newest version leads to restart of the tablet after a short period beien launched.
- trying to install something from markteplace leads to unsuccessful installation. But it works after repeating a process about 10 times. Sometimes I only see a status (in the marketplace) "waiting to install", but nothing happens, until I redownload it.

Anyone else with same issues?

no... i installed, and connected to wifi and i downloaded like 20 apps ;)
but i just tried maps, and it rebootet after a few sec.

ok... now i also faced the prob with market... and browser also fc, but it's commented in posts before. xda crashes as well (app)

i've a question, are those "honeyice" updates good?
and why can't i find them on xda?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok,
    here is our new release.

Well... Here we are at last! Whole new ROM, whole new thread :D

For a long time we have been working to build the best possible version of HoneyComb to the Advent Vega. It has been a LONG road, with many hacks and pitfalls along the way. We started with the messiest set of files anyone has ever seen, and we have now progressed to this. Full-fledged, GPU accelerated, NATIVE, Honeycomb 3.2 on the Advent Vega.

There's no going back now. I'm so happy with this ROM that I'm actually going a little crazy with affection. There are still some bugs... Rebooting to CWM causes a stale boot, you have to hold power to turn the tab off, then on next bot you get CWM. Still no camera, bluetooth isn't working. But other than that... Well, I'll let you guys see for yourself.

On the speaker issue, I feel I must put a quick note here... We BELIEVE that the "Overheating speaker" issue is now resolved. Audio levels are now well within the safe limits, and voltages are back at what should be a very safe level. But as always, please be VERY careful, unfortunately we cannot be responsible for any hardware failures resulting from using a custom ROM, but we are very confident that this issue should now be totally resolved.

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update3 Features:
    • Update1+2 included
    • The clock and date issue should now been fixed for all
    • GPU RAM reduced to 96MB , more RAM for Apps
    • support for high Wifi channels like 12 + 13
    • new Honeycomb market
    • support for the soon coming GPS App included

Downloads, please choose the right Version (original ROM download is at the bottom of this thread!)! (or you Bootloop) :

Update 3 for Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update3.zip

Update 3 for Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update3.zip

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update2 Features:

• Fix for Bluetooth MAC addressing to hopefully make BT work correctly now.
    • Above fix should now also make WiFi considerably more stable.
    • Fix for people who were experiencing issues with the Market not being able to install apps.

Downloads, please choose the right Version (original ROM download is at the bottom of this thread!)! (or you Bootloop) Update 2 can be installed directly over 9n OR 9n-Update1 (it includes all of the Update 1 and Update 2 changes in a single package):

Update 2 for Build9n: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n_update2.zip

Update 2 for Build9b: VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b_update2.zip

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b und 9n Update1 Features:
    • Working Deep Standby
    • Updated camera lib
    • Re-added App Drivemount

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9b Features:

•Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
    •Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :p
    •Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
    •Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
    •Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
    •USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
    •Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
    •Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.
    • Better language support then 9n, newer Gapps
    • No apps are moved to data
    • It have a bigger system partition then 9n, so when you have bad nand blocks, this could be work better for you
    • When you use the Full Rom Installer you don´t need to flash ModdedstockV2 (Beware when you flash the new full rom it is like the ModdedStockV2 install, you loose all data)
    • All future updates after this Full ROM will come as CWM update zip, so that your data are save

VegaComb 3.2 Build 9n Features:
    Please be aware that although there was a "version 9" release on some German forums, this update was never integrated into the full build process, and was a side-project by rebel1 to acheive 2 goals. 1) To greatly increase the /system partition size (from 150mb to 200mb) and use that size to add larger apps that have increased language support for non-english speaking users. This build is unrelated to the previous "build 9" and as such has been labelled 9n (new, or newbe5, meaning that it has gone through the usual build and testing processes by myself), an alternate installer based on THIS build will also be provided by rebel1, including the expanded /system partition and enhanced language capability, this alternate build will be labelled 9b (bigger system, alternate build) and will be an nvflash installer rather than a CWM image.

•System image has been shrunk considerably, this should help people who have a lot of random lockups / install issues due to bad NAND blocks. Build 8.1 was using 149.5mb of the allocated 150mb provided by ModdedStockv2, Build 9n is only using 139.8mb allowing much more room to avoid bad blocks if you have them.

•Google Books has been removed entirely. It looks nice, but it's pointless as you can't even access the Store outside of the US. Install this manually if you want it for some reason.
    •Google Maps and Street View have been moved in to /data to save space and because they can both be installed/updated from the market, so there is no need for them to be in /system.
    •Coarse location discovery (based on WiFi connection) is now working correctly.
    •Updated camera libraries to the latest version thanks to the development effort by many (including Eduardo and Redscorpion) over at MoDaCo. Google Talk video chat should now be working, as well as the stock Camera app. Other apps have been tested but there is a possibility that not all of them work (please test and let us know!), but we felt that it was more important for Gtalk to work as the camera isn't much use for actually taking pictures :p
    •Added Eduardo's accelerometer patch. This should allow much more responsive accelerometer with no lag.
    •Power management for bluetooth/wireless has been fixed. Hopefully this should stop them interfering with eachother when one is disabled.
    •Screen calibration functionality built in to the kernel to calibrate on the fly.
    •USB on-the-fly host/slave switcher integrated in to the kernel, this should allow switching between USB host/slave on the tablets side USB port without the need to reboot!
    •Disabled device suspend when the tablet is connected to an active USB connection, preventing the USB connection from being severed.
    •Added a brand new app called: Shuttle Tools which includes the toggles for the above two options. Allowing you to calibrate the screen or switch USB modes from within Android.

Current issues:
    On rebooting to recovery, the tablet will "hang" on a stale boot. Hold down the power button until the screen goes completely off, and then power back on to get to CWM.
    More? Probably! You tell us

SO many people have worked on this, and are now part of the team, but everyone who uses and loves VegaComb have the following Droid Soldiers to thank:
    Ejtagle
    Rebel1 / rbensch@xda
    Corvus
    HomerSp
    Cass67
    a_appleby
    BillyBobJoe (Also BillyTheFish I believe?)
    stiggy2001
    Oh... I might have done some stuff too :p

Remember, this MUST be flashed over ModdedStock v2 or it will not work!

This is the one and only way to move to our image:
    modstock -> data wipe -> vegacomb 3.2.
    Dont ask for help if you dont follow this steps.

Download VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9n.zip NOW! This is for all users that comes from an previous build like 8.1 or ModdeStockV2

For users that comes from my Build9 they can download and flash it with CWM recovery Download VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b.zip HERE!

And the last file:
    Download VegaComb HC3.2 9b Installer.zip HERE!
    This is a windows installer for the 9b Full ROM, you don´t need to install ModdedStock before, it makes it all for you

We hope you enjoy VegaComb.

If you are feeling very generous and wish to donate to the people who put in a lot of hard work for this ROM, please:
    DONATE TO TeamNewCo HERE!

newbe5 and the Team.

Have fun.
    rebel1
    Go to my profile on tabletroms.com and search my posts. I've uploaded thr rom files to my dropbox and put a link in one of my posts. Until the fileserver problems are solved. If other vega, pov files are needed due to the fileserver probs just ask there. Most ppl are very helpfull over there, like here.

Grts.
    Z.

Updated.
    someone shares the full monthy over there.

http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/3084-[rom]-honey-ice-631.html
    post 3784

Sent from my TAB410 using XDA App
    Update on post 1.

rebel1
    I would love to have USB host as well, plus option for reducing Tegra GPU RAM to allow more free memory on Vega. I believe this has been done on other platform with Tegra2 or it is under progress.:D:cool:

USB-Host mode works! With On-the-fly switching without reboot.
    An update for Build 8.1 follows soon, when you are on my build9 from the german forums, you can download the update right now. :)
    http://bit.ly/neR28j

A kernel with reduced GPU-RAM is no problem, when you would like to test
    it, i can upload a kernel.

rebel1