ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
I seriously urge you to reconsider, I pre-ordered mid December with shipping advertised end of Dec, it is now almost March and they dont even reply to requests for a refund, today I did a chargeback with bank. Keep in mind they will actually draw money on the pre-order and I hear there Paypal account is blocked so I doubt that you can pay via Paypal, if I were you I'd wait until the product actually hits shelves(unlikely). Another thing is that Rocki and Omate have split and I am guessing Omate will struggle to get moneys owed to them by Rocki, its possible Omate will go bust.

syounger64

Mar 25, 2012
I seriously urge you to reconsider, I pre-ordered mid December with shipping advertised end of Dec, it is now almost March and they dont even reply to requests for a refund, today I did a chargeback with bank. Keep in mind they will actually draw money on the pre-order and I hear there Paypal account is blocked so I doubt that you can pay via Paypal, if I were you I'd wait until the product actually hits shelves(unlikely). Another thing is that Rocki and Omate have split and I am guessing Omate will struggle to get moneys owed to them by Rocki, its possible Omate will go bust.

That's a lot of negative speculation. Its also possible that getting Rocki out of the way is better for Omate in the long run. The watch itself is not a failure and there's really no other watch like it with its features. I fully understand the risks of owning a Kickstarter product but this thing is looking good.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com

PayPal account was frozen due to multiple refund requests in a short period. I even had mine frozen at one point because of three refund request for donations made through xda in a week. PayPal froze my account, demanded that I issue refunds using another funding source even though there was more than enough money in the account. PayPal also took a month to give the money to those that requested the refunds and then took six months to let me have access to the near $500 in the account. During the six months they also blocked any incoming donations. In short, PayPal operates outside of FTC guidelines and could care less about the customer or vendor as long as they get paid.

As far as the rest of your noise. It's not a retail product where there are tens of thousands of these things sitting in a warehouse. They are hand assembled by a company with less than 10 employees that also gets hundreds of emails a day, packs, labels and is tagged on hundreds of social media post a day.

openbsd2

Feb 23, 2014
That's a lot of negative speculation. Its also possible that getting Rocki out of the way is better for Omate in the long run. The watch itself is not a failure and there's really no other watch like it with its features. I fully understand the risks of owning a Kickstarter product but this thing is looking good.
I Wish Id NEVER heard of it
negative?
I too payed up front in October (Yes Thats right I said October!! )
Omate doesnt answer emails
I Have Now realised That it is becoming increasonly more and more likley i will Never see my Money again
Dont TRY and Buy One
I really think All of a sudden Omate will become "Bankrupt" and start with a fresh company name
I am Frustrated and Annoyed!!
If Someone shouts SCAM....I WONT be defending them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PayPal account was frozen due to multiple refund requests in a short period. I even had mine frozen at one point because of three refund request for donations made through xda in a week. PayPal froze my account, demanded that I issue refunds using another funding source even though there was more than enough money in the account. PayPal also took a month to give the money to those that requested the refunds and then took six months to let me have access to the near $500 in the account. During the six months they also blocked any incoming donations. In short, PayPal operates outside of FTC guidelines and could care less about the customer or vendor as long as they get paid.

As far as the rest of your noise. It's not a retail product where there are tens of thousands of these things sitting in a warehouse. They are hand assembled by a company with less than 10 employees that also gets hundreds of emails a day, packs, labels and is tagged on hundreds of social media post a day.