[Q] I cannot get windows to recognize the m8 and can't unlock

Search This thread

skizzled

Jun 17, 2007
HTC sync doesn't help.
I am so frustrated. I cannot run fastboot commands to get my token because no devices are found.

Any suggestions for this?
Have you made sure that you have the latest Fastboot available? I always check using the Android SDK Manager before attempting anything with a new device.

Unplug the device and reboot it. Then, try again.
If that doesn't work, try a different USB port (preferably one that is on the motherboard itself).

Also, you can try removing HTC Sync. You can always reinstall it after.

Thanks.

I had to reboot my pc everytime the phone went into a different mode almost. System to bootloader to system. Windows 7! Finally got it rooted. It was so simple with the toolkit bit such a hassle since my pc didn't like the phone apparently.

Now to lurk in the threads here for mods and roms. :)

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skizzled

Jun 17, 2007
Thanks.

I had to reboot my pc everytime the phone went into a different mode almost. System to bootloader to system. Windows 7! Finally got it rooted. It was so simple with the toolkit bit such a hassle since my pc didn't like the phone apparently.

Now to lurk in the threads here for mods and roms. :)
I've had similar issues with ADB and Fastboot not recognizing my phones after plugging them in. Usually a reboot of the phone and killing/restarting the service fixes the issue.

Glad you have it working now though. :good: