[Q] Error status 7 (CM 11)

Search This thread

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
Hello!
I recently rooted my WFS and installed CM 10.1.
Today, I downloaded CM11, tried to install it, but installation aborts with error status 7.
I bough my WFS in Croatia, already successfully installed few roms so I am a little bit confused. Am I missing something here?

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
Hello!
I recently rooted my WFS and installed CM 10.1.
Today, I downloaded CM11, tried to install it, but installation aborts with error status 7.
I bough my WFS in Croatia, already successfully installed few roms so I am a little bit confused. Am I missing something here?

Might be because of the recovery.....you will have to flash a newer recovery(TWRP 2.7.0.0 or CWM 6.0.4.8) to flash kitkat based roms

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
Might be because of the recovery.....you will have to flash a newer recovery(TWRP 2.7.0.0 or CWM 6.0.4.8) to flash kitkat based roms

Okay, my friend installed recovery for me, could you please write brief step by step dummy guide for me?
I mean, I'm not a noob, I just never did this on my own so if you could provide me with all the links it would be very cool of you. Thanks! :)

Kenny_cro

Mar 23, 2013
Zagreb
Okay, my friend installed recovery for me, could you please write brief step by step dummy guide for me?
I mean, I'm not a noob, I just never did this on my own so if you could provide me with all the links it would be very cool of you. Thanks! :)

ako sam dobro skužil iz hrvatske si pa budem na hrv napisal...uđeš u recovery,napraviš factory reset,instaliraš rom,instaliraš patch za kameru....restartaš i pričekaš da se sve učita,onda ugasi mob i ponovo uđi u recovery,ako imaš sd-ext odeš u mount/storage i formatiraj sd-ext,instaliraj gapps za cm11 i instaliraj int2ext scriptu(ovo samo ako koristiš sd-ext)

EDIT:

ako neznaš kak instalirat recovery,najlakše ti je da skineš http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2740145 i staviš ga na sdcarticu, i ako imaš instaliran terminal emulator samo koristi ovo:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52458050&postcount=136

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavrinac

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
ako sam dobro skužil iz hrvatske si pa budem na hrv napisal...uđeš u recovery,napraviš factory reset,instaliraš rom,instaliraš patch za kameru....restartaš i pričekaš da se sve učita,onda ugasi mob i ponovo uđi u recovery,ako imaš sd-ext odeš u mount/storage i formatiraj sd-ext,instaliraj gapps za cm11 i instaliraj int2ext scriptu(ovo samo ako koristiš sd-ext)

EDIT:

ako neznaš kak instalirat recovery,najlakše ti je da skineš http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2740145 i staviš ga na sdcarticu, i ako imaš instaliran terminal emulator samo koristi ovo:

probat cu, hvala! :D

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh

1. The recovery threads are on the first page of the development section. Download any one you want( between TWRP 2.7.0.0 and CWM 6.0.4.8). It will be an img file.
2. Put it on your sdcard(not inside any folder)
3. Download Terminal Emulator from the Play Store.
4. Open it and type "su", grant it superuser access
5. Now type the following command

Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/nameofrecovery,img

"nameofrecovery" refers to the exact name the img file has

Reactions: Mavrinac

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
1. The recovery threads are on the first page of the development section. Download any one you want( between TWRP 2.7.0.0 and CWM 6.0.4.8). It will be an img file.

Code:

Big thanks to kenny_cro and see soul are triple six! :)
I'm happy to see confused people like me can rely on people like you! Big thanks! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT:

Code: