AT&T Petition

Search This thread

cybershawngates

Jan 28, 2012
The petitions are good. But what about a twitter campaign to bombard samsung to give us options like htc website to unlock bootloader at your own risk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
The petitions are good. But what about a twitter campaign to bombard samsung to give us options like htc website to unlock bootloader at your own risk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

While I can't find the post, someone said that the thinking was instead of being an ass about it, if we, as a community, be nice and professional about it, they might respond in our favour vs. ignoring the requests.

sgloki77

Jul 14, 2012
Hallandale Beach
signed

not an s5 owner, but this bootloader forced encryption is ridiculous

I have an s3 now with at&t but my next phone will be a nexus or gpe, this **** really rustle my jimmies

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
I see this is the forgotten thread here. Seems no one cares since root came. Remember, we still have a locked bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Knock it off folks. These threads have a purpose; if you do not agree with that purpose, then don't read it. Opining on its efficacy, or the wisdom of selecting one's carrier, are not germane to this thread. Keep it on topic or ignore it.
    http://news.yahoo.com/18-000-bounty-awaits-first-person-root-galaxy-190923694.html

the bounty has made national news on yahoo. congrats, never see that kind of attention before. i don't own the device as i boycotted sammy but i feel you guys should at least have a htc dev like i have for my m8.
    This is a petition that was originally posted by davidstre. he made it for the verizon s5 and i copied it for AT&T. All credit due to davidstre for the hard work on the wording of this petition. Please sign and maybe it will get the word out that there is a community of people who are willing to give up the warranty to get an unlocked bootloader.

To quote Russ77 - "i know there's been campaigns where members email-bomb or petition Samsung/ATT/Verizon to unlock our devices 'because we bought them and deserve it'; however if its under some form of contract (2 year, next, or edge) we didn't really buy them...

due to my line of work and who I work for (not any of the above) so I can understand and appreciate why this situation exists, to a) mitigate risks of warranty claims, and b) make the devices more marketable to corporate customers needing the security of a locked boot loader and Knox. so perhaps a different approach is needed?

what if we all nicely and professionally petitioned for a setup similar to HTC? this allows us non-corp customers with account responsibility register for unlock, thus absolving Samsung/ATT/Verizon of any future potential warranty claim or technical service call or visit? simply enter the carrier, #, and IMEI and viola. this could work because there is always a risk of finding root thus there will always be a dollar amount associated. if we waive our warranties in exchange - the risk and associated $$ is removed." Thank you Russ77 for this great description of how allot of us feel.

Please sign this and maybe we can get a message out to the powers that be at AT&T.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/ran...axy-s5-users-unlocked-bootloader-upon-request
    I see a lot of people asking what the point of this survey is. My question is this...it only takes a minute to sign, and will it hurt to try? Maybe it didn't work for the note 3, or the lg g2. So? Maybe if enough people sign for enough devices, something will change. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Another complete waste of time. This petition won't accomplish a single thing. Sad but true.

I totally agree with the topic, but your time would be much better spent elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app