[ROM] Evervolv Un-Official 4.2.2 JOP40C Stella [AOSP] 2/16/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Hi Leo I switched on to your rom, the b3 version.

I am having two major issues here, one is my locations isn't being read by the system, eventhough I have checked on all the options from settings >location settings options. This goes in on for google now to which shows "location service is off"
I haven't frozen or deleted any app. Initially I had fc with "fused Location" app.

Other issue is while using daydream in display settings, I get fc while switching on to clock>settings.

Other than these I haven't got any issues as of now.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I will get that locations issue fixed and reupload. Thought I submitted the changes but guess it didn't. Give me a little bit and I will have that fixed.

Also, I will look at the daydream issue. Thanks

Edit.. The latest update has daydream working fine for me. Recompiling with the fix for locations. Will upload it to github this weekend, but will upload the ROM tonight and update the op in about a half hour.

Edit 2... Locations fixed and daydream seems to be working just fine... Its uploading now, should be ready in about 20 minutes if you want to reflash. Just wipe cache and flash ROM then gapps and should be good to go.

Let me know if it works.. Thanks ~leo

sent from my Nexus 10 Stella

Last edited:

clavicle

Sep 16, 2009
Simla
OnePlus 8
Nothing Phone 1
Thanks for the feedback. I will get that locations issue fixed and reupload. Thought I submitted the changes but guess it didn't. Give me a little bit and I will have that fixed.

Edit.. The latest update has daydream working fine for me. Recompiling with the fix for locations. Will upload it to github this weekend, but will upload the ROM tonight and update the op in about a half hour.

Edit 2... Locations fixed and daydream seems to be working just fine... Its uploading now, should be ready in about 20 minutes if you want to reflash. Just wipe cache and flash ROM then gapps and should be good to go.

Thanks for the update, both the issues seem to have been resolved. Keep up the good work :)

TMYINC

Oct 13, 2010
Running great so far. Looking forward to future updates. Stable and fast!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MiSfit211

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN

Thanks man. Just working out some kinks. Then will mess with oc/UV the ROM some. Won't make specific github uploads of that but can tweak some kernels for a desperate flash pack.

Also, lots of work being invested in quick settings. A different twist on what others are doing. Could be a little while due the heavy coding required.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
http://www.mediafire.com/?aapd3n9wd5asmli

Here is the gallery2.apk

Place in system/app, reset perms and reboot. Remember, each time you flash gapps it will over write the camera. Also, this doesn't have sphere camera so if you use that, don't use this. Currently, HDR will be on at all times. For those that don't know HDR, just Google what it does.

MykalDre

Apr 19, 2012
Tri-Cities
Is anyone having trouble getting the 5500 quad scores my first test was 4500 then 4000 tried re flashing now I'm getting 3300. Just wondering if anyone else is having performance problems with 12/3

sent from a stoner with a nexus 10
be sure to thank me if I helped :)

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Is anyone having trouble getting the 5500 quad scores my first test was 4500 then 4000 tried re flashing now I'm getting 3300. Just wondering if anyone else is having performance problems with 12/3

sent from a stoner with a nexus 10
be sure to thank me if I helped :)

I can check in to that. Been working on 4.2.1 for the hp toucbpad on our build. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Noobla_Khan

MykalDre

Apr 19, 2012
Tri-Cities
Np. Did a clean flash and still cant get above 4500. Been debating about going back to aosp+ for the 2ghz oc. But I love the battery life on this rom. Even with no oc aosp+ battery is terrible. One addition id like to see is customizable quick settings. Idk if its just me but I like a full quick setting panel with toggles instead of shortcuts. But enough talk keep up the great work. I see a lot of potential in this rom.
Edit. Missed your earlier post about quick settings.. interested in what you got in mind. I see a lot of cool stuff quick settings can do with the right amount of time and coding. Cant wait for the next update.
Again, carry on.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
sorry for being absent. Work has been a killer lately.

Updated to 4.2.2 in the OP.

Not a whole lot of changes but it's been synced with latest EV. Enjoy.

Wipe Cache
Flash Rom
Flash Gapps

~leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Un-Official Evervolv AOSP​

This ROM is still in testing phase but must say it works quite nicely. Most all features are working fine. Read below for description of ROM.

As you may or not know, Evervolv has been building quality AOSP for multiple devices. Recently we (Classicnerd) have had the pleasure of working with Preludedrew in testing, working out bugs, and joining together to bring a fantastic rom to everyone using HTC, HP Touchpad, Samsung, Asus Nexus 7, and many more devices.

What to expect? Expect a solid platform which to build from. They have been known for adding Evervolv Toolbox which allows status bar tweaks, interface tweaks (volume wake, volume music control, Custom display density settings, and customizable power menu settings), as well as a stable platform which we can bring this hardware to full usage. There is also a Performance section for memory management and processor changes. The Themes section in settings is not working but should be very soon. Su works fantastic and so does the 4-1 boot to recovery work flawless.

Why Un-Official? There are many bugs to work out in an AOSP ecosystem. With that said, these bugs won't hinder your ability to enjoy this great device what so ever. Mostly when people go to an official release, it's because all hardware and software function as if it was stock with no issues and then they move on to the next build (possibly the next update). As you all know, there will always be some sort of issue. But we have a slight advantage with the Nexus 10 device. It's straight up Google. With Google in full support of the Android Open Source Platform, this gives many developers the opportunity to bring customized settings, tweaked apps, and modded framework to bring to the general public and flashaholics something we felt the direction should go.

Now we give you Evervolv Stella. I will let you all guess why the name stella came about. hehe, it was chosen by me which I feel honored to help support this project for you guys. Please understand that everyone on this team have full time jobs as well as work countless (often unappreciated, but more often appreciated) working on source code to bring ideas to life, while having a family life. If you feel the urge to donate, please do. We are saving to bring a Nexus 10 to Preludedrew. His wife cut him off from spending money on devices...lol No worries, we'll get him one.

This ROM ROM is very fast and smooth. While there may be glitches associated with jb, they are being removed and pushing it to the limits.

We now bring you Stella

Release date 11/26/12

* init.d scripts to boost performance, battery, low men, net boost, trim, and much more
    * Ramdisk mods
    * quad scores above 5300
    * BT file transfer for all file formats
    * 4-1 boot menu
    * Updated to 4.2.1
    * Inline Kernel Build
    * Fixed YouTube
    * EVToolbox
    * All Hardware functional
    * Google backup support (flash GAPPS after flashing rom)
    * Google locations support
    * OTG support
    * SU working properly
    * And many source mods coming from ICS

What doesn't work:

* themes
    * you tell us....we need ur help bring this rom to life.

Downloads:

Stella v3.2.0 b4 Un-Official Updated 2/16/13 to 4.2.2

Stella v3.2.0 b3 Un-Official Uploaded 12.06.12 with google locations fixed.

Stella v3.2.0 b2 Un-Official Uploaded 11.27.12

Stella v3.2.0 b1 Un-Official Uploaded 11.26.12

Gapps JOP40C

With many thanks to Evervolv (Preludedrew, drewis, MongooseHelix, and nikez), tommytomatoe, misfit, ewalk, MindSplit, Jzen, Chubbzlou, TMartin, MYN, Cyanogenmod, XDA, craigacgomez, our wives and children, and the many testers. This list will grow as time evolvs..

Evervolv Source Link
    AOSP Download AOSP Link

Thanks man. Just working out some kinks. Then will mess with oc/UV the ROM some. Won't make specific github uploads of that but can tweak some kernels for a desperate flash pack.

Also, lots of work being invested in quick settings. A different twist on what others are doing. Could be a little while due the heavy coding required.

Hi Leo I switched on to your rom, the b3 version.

I am having two major issues here, one is my locations isn't being read by the system, eventhough I have checked on all the options from settings >location settings options. This goes in on for google now to which shows "location service is off"
    I haven't frozen or deleted any app. Initially I had fc with "fused Location" app.

Other issue is while using daydream in display settings, I get fc while switching on to clock>settings.

Other than these I haven't got any issues as of now.

Thanks!

sorry for being absent. Work has been a killer lately.

Updated to 4.2.2 in the OP.

Not a whole lot of changes but it's been synced with latest EV. Enjoy.

Wipe Cache
    Flash Rom
    Flash Gapps

~leo
    Hope to have HDR camera here soon. I've unlocked but making sure all the files are correct. Lot different in source.