[ROM][ICS][AOSP] Bugless Beast (Nightlies)

Search This thread

localpagefirst

Jan 29, 2012
Chicago
e-mail me can hook you up or pm me

Been going back thru some favorite roms of the last year. This one has disappeared from Pete's website. I would love to get a copy if anyone has one. I have his stable gingerbread but not his ics version. I would really appreciate the help. Also,on a quick side note, has anyone managed to build a JB version from his source?

I have just about every rom that was posted for the NS4G

wmdunn

Jul 7, 2007
South Dakota
Google Pixel 5
Reactions: hlxanthus

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
Bugless Beast users and hopefuls -

Due to the fact that this rom and threads creater has moved on to other devices and projects, it has languished in limbo for some time. Then sometime in the last few months all the links to his roms have dissappeared as well. I had kept the final stable Gingerbread version of this rom and a previous poster (thanks wmdunn!) he posted up the last Ice Cream Sandwich version too.

In hopes of keeping this rom alive I have taken it one step further. I have a goo.im account from projects I have done for this and other devices. I have made a place within my account to upload these ROMs onto thier servers. I took it one step even further, I added the needed hooks within the build.prop to make them available to all who search for compatible NS4G roms.

I want it known that I am most definitally NOT claiming any credit for this Developers work in any way. I am only trying to keep this rom available to all who may wish it. Pete, if this is against your wishes, please let me know and I will remove them. I am hopeful though that you will have no issues with the re-release of these files.

On to the good bits. As always, Gapps are included so no need to track down the right packages and flash seperately.

Chose desired rom and place on the internal storage of your device
Download - BuglessBeastGBfinal.zip (gingerbread version)
Download - BuglessBeastICSfinal.zip (ice cream sandwich version)

Boot to recovery and perform a FULL wipe (mandatory especially if coming from a different OS version, i.e. Jellybean)
-the full wipe procedure I recommend is doing a Factory Reset, Format System, and Format Boot

Install rom and enjoy!! If looking for a different kernel, I know mathkid still has his ICS version of Matr1x available. The final ICS version was v22 if interested. I have not checked for other kernel availability, so I cannot account for them. At the time of writing this I am currently running the ICS version with matr1x v22 with great success!

As an added bonus, because this is a mod I always feel is needed, here is a 100% battery mod for the ICS version.

Download - BuglessBeastICSfinal_battery.mod.zip

Last edited:

qaz2453

Nov 20, 2010
Glasgow
Bugless Beast users and hopefuls -

Due to the fact that this rom and threads creater has moved on to other devices and projects, it has languished in limbo for some time. Then sometime in the last few months all the links to his roms have dissappeared as well. I had kept the final stable Gingerbread version of this rom and a previous poster (thanks wmdunn!) he posted up the last Ice Cream Sandwich version too.

In hopes of keeping this rom alive I have taken it one step further. I have a goo.im account from projects I have done for this and other devices. I have made a place within my account to upload these ROMs onto thier servers. I took it one step even further, I added the needed hooks within the build.prop to make them available to all who search for compatible NS4G roms.

I want it known that I am most definitally NOT claiming any credit for this Developers work in any way. I am only trying to keep this rom available to all who may wish it. Pete, if this is against your wishes, please let me know and I will remove them. I am hopeful though that you will have no issues with the re-release of these files.

On to the good bits. As always, Gapps are included so no need to track down the right packages and flash seperately.

Chose desired rom and place on the internal storage of your device
Download - BuglessBeastGBfinal.zip (gingerbread version)
Download - BuglessBeastICSfinal.zip (ice cream sandwich version)

Boot to recovery and perform a FULL wipe (mandatory especially if coming from a different OS version, i.e. Jellybean)
-the full wipe procedure I recommend is doing a Factory Reset, Format System, and Format Boot

Install rom and enjoy!! If looking for a different kernel, I know mathkid still has his ICS version of Matr1x available. The final ICS version was v22 if interested. I have not checked for other kernel availability, so I cannot account for them. At the time of writing this I am currently running the ICS version with matr1x v22 with great success!

As an added bonus, because this is a mod I always feel is needed, here is a 100% battery mod for the ICS version.

Download - BuglessBeastICSfinal_battery.mod.zip

Thanks mate :)

jelly bean (any rom/kernel combi) is running like crap on my phone :( going to revert back to ICS :D

Tutungzone

May 8, 2007
Houston Area
Bugless... need some alternative links in the OP man! Lost my download of this ROM a while back and wanted to go back to it and your links are dead.

Nevermind.. found a user ^ above that already said and posted the same.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Thanks mate :)

jelly bean (any rom/kernel combi) is running like crap on my phone :( going to revert back to ICS :D

I actually Odin flashed back to 4.0.4 then did the OTA to 4.1.1 and I haven't had a single problem...except for the lack of extras but I used the yellow WiFi Tether and had 2 laptops and my HTC One getting solid WiFi speeds. I kept getting many disconnects and only 3g on the custom stuff

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

Jun 10, 2011
I actually Odin flashed back to 4.0.4 then did the OTA to 4.1.1 and I haven't had a single problem...except for the lack of extras but I used the yellow WiFi Tether and had 2 laptops and my HTC One getting solid WiFi speeds. I kept getting many disconnects and only 3g on the custom stuff

Huh . . I had the ns4g for over a year and didn't know Odin worked for it

Sent from my Galaxy S4

jackk

Dec 15, 2007

Can you link to the Odin flash method back to stock 4.0.4? The only one I found was to stock 2.3.4 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167819&highlight=stock

edit: I just went back to stock 2.3.4 and it did the OTA to stock 4.1.1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    index_landing_page.png

Notable Changes/Features:
    • Common: Android 4.0.4 via stable release branch
    • Common: Deodexed, rooted, "user" build variant
    • Common: Hide "System updates" preference
    • Common: Enable adb debugging by default
    • Common: Disable data roaming by default
    • Common: Add additional live wallpapers
    • Common: Add various bug fixes from CyanogenMod
    • Common: Add build date to "About" screen
    • Common: Remove bugmailer from user builds
    • Common: Add extended power menu (dvtonder)
    • Common: Allow 180 degree rotation
    • Common: Disable kernel debugging, update by merging remotes
    • Common: Add "Mark All Messages As Read" button to Email app (dustinmj)
    • Common: Enable more keyboard keys for larger screens (cyanogen)
    • Common: Add auto-dim backlight setting (solarnz)
    • Common: Add CPU Settings to "Developer options" (cyanogenmod)
    • Common: Add status bar toggles and settings (aokp)
    • Common: Enable unlinking of ringtone and notification sound (aokp)
    • Common: Add national data roaming setting (rdlgrmpf, lord clockan)
    • Common: Add browser user agent selection setting
    • Common: Add browser option to open link in incognito tab (danesh)
    • Common: Display contact picture in Mms notifications (dragonzkiller)
    • Common: Add ad-hoc network support (cyanogenmod)
    • Common (Tablets): Add auto-hide status bar setting (flemmard)
    • Common (Tablets): Add home button to browser toolbar
    • Common (Tablets): Move status bar clock to the right, fix padding
    • Common (Tablets): Hide mobile signal icons when connected to Wi-Fi (solarnz)
    • Stingray/Wingray: Add USB host support
    • Stingray/Wingray: Enable dock settings
    • Toro/Maguro/Crespo/Crespo4G : Add Google Wallet application
    • Toro/Maguro/Crespo/Crespo4G: Add "Nexus" notification sound
    • Toro/Maguro: Increase speaker volume output (codeworkx, bekriebel)
    • Toro: Correct battery capacity from 1750 to 1850 mah
    • Toro: Allow use of native tethering for free
    • Toro: Remove Verizon applications and libraries
    • Crespo/Crespo4G/Stingray/Wingray: Add Face Lock security feature
    • Crespo/Crespo4G: Add Touch To Focus camera feature (havlenapetr)
    *Note: I make changes almost daily, be sure to check the changelog or my github for the latest.

Downloads:
    *Note: I make builds almost daily, be sure to check the above links for the latest.

Miscellaneous:
    • There are no bugs, hence the name "Bugless" Beast.
    • Haven't upgraded your 3G Xoom yet? Please read this important post.
    • Donations are always more than welcome!

Connect:

Developers:
    • My ROM is open source on GitHub, checkout the code!
    Code:
    repo init -u git://github.com/peteralfonso/platform_manifest.git -b ics
    builds should be called weekly since its once a week it gets updated

"Nightly" is the recognized wording used, if not I'd call it "When I get time or things need fixing" lol. I'm one of the few devs left who still build ROMs for my own personal enjoyment, some of you may have realized this already. Because of that, when I see fit, I make new builds :)
    New update is available!
    New build is available!
    New build is up!