Search This thread
B

bachera

probably usb debugging needs to be on.

Sent from my g2 using xda app-developers app

Jan 7, 2014
Madison, WI
Make sure you have USB debugging on.
If it's the VZW variant, when you connect it to the PC, make sure you connect it via Ethernet.
Again for VZW variant, when you plug it in, your computer will prompt you for an action with the phone. I found that connecting with LG's software was the trick in allowing you the computer to communicate with the phone (at least for me).

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
I think this happened because you ignored/didn't see the step about unplugging the device and plugging it back in when the program tells you to. Just re-do the root and read the steps in the program carefully. You have done everything else correct, De-bugging is on and you have chosen the right connection mode, otherwise the program would not have been able to even start rooting your device, as it wouldn't see it. So it must just be the unplug part you missed, just try again :good:

Last edited:

Villisca

Dec 21, 2012
St.Louis
After trying a few tries and getting the same results, I've made no progress. Same error each time.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

moose1313

Mar 25, 2012
I'm actually getting the same error. Im on T-Mobile variant. I did not unplug the first time so I redid 8more xs following the procedure the right way with no avail. I did a soft reset and a hard reset attempted again and still nothing...it does install superuser though

kjfaust

Feb 3, 2014
I keep getting the same error as well
It would install superuser but would not root the phone

I uninstalled superuser and redid the process multiple times, but getting the same thing

I finally downloaded vroot and used that to root my G2
it worked like a charm. the program does everything for you. just plug the phone and run vroot :)
first post so I can't post links haha

Villisca

Dec 21, 2012
St.Louis
Vroot worked flawlessly despite being in chinese. i had no trouble getting it to work. I was rooted in less than 3 minutes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will retry and get back to you guys. Thanks for the tips!