update baseband?

Search This thread

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
is it possible to update baseband on this phone?

my phone was shipped with 0.15 and i think thats why i've been having the wifi issues. (rebooting nonstop anytime i connect to wifi)

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Is there a newer version than 0.15 ?? I havent seen it..

And at the moment its not possible to flash radios with S-ON it can brick your phone. If you get it via an OTA update you will be ok

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
Is there a newer version than 0.15 ?? I havent seen it..

And at the moment its not possible to flash radios with S-ON it can brick your phone. If you get it via an OTA update you will be ok

all the T-MO demo units we have in my store are on 0.16

i've been tempted to exchange it, btu since it's been rooted i'm holding back because i dont want to pay the out of warranty fee.

dc211

Jul 21, 2010
is it possible to update baseband on this phone?

my phone was shipped with 0.15 and i think thats why i've been having the wifi issues. (rebooting nonstop anytime i connect to wifi)

There has been at least 1 update but I think it went out before the phone launched. I picked up my phone on launch day with a 0.16 base band. Another user on this forum reported getting an OTA to the latest (current) build of 1.53.531.16 which I assume also updated the base band to 0.16

You could try a manual check in by dialing *#*#2342546#*#* in case your wondering 242546 spells "checkin"

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
There has been at least 1 update but I think it went out before the phone launched. I picked up my phone on launch day with a 0.16 base band. Another user on this forum reported getting an OTA to the latest (current) build of 1.53.531.16 which I assume also updated the base band to 0.16

You could try a manual check in by dialing *#*#2342546#*#* in case your wondering 242546 spells "checkin"

Unfortunately i'm not on the stock ROM anymore so that isn't an option.

After doing a bit of research, it seems like the only way to get the baseband update would be for me to somehow revert to the prerelease TMO ROM, then wait for the OTA that was sent out to the prerelease devices which has the baseband update included.

Which is basically impossible, because no one is going to be running that prerelease ROM right now.

:(

So i'm basically clueless at this point. probably just going to see if i can warranty swap it through HTC and hope they don't care about the bootloader being tampered.

Any input from anyone is definitely appreciated!

dc211

Jul 21, 2010
Unfortunately i'm not on the stock ROM anymore so that isn't an option.

After doing a bit of research, it seems like the only way to get the baseband update would be for me to somehow revert to the prerelease TMO ROM, then wait for the OTA that was sent out to the prerelease devices which has the baseband update included.

Which is basically impossible, because no one is going to be running that prerelease ROM right now.

:(

So i'm basically clueless at this point. probably just going to see if i can warranty swap it through HTC and hope they don't care about the bootloader being tampered.

Any input from anyone is definitely appreciated!

Your in luck! Someone has provided you with a method to do this.

Check this thread for your solution. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1644371

dc211

Jul 21, 2010
thanks man i saw that! but i need something similar for the t-mo US ROM.

i'd have to find a prerelease ROM, then wait for the OTA to the release version.

Once the base band is updated you could flash a stock rom or even restore your own personal back up. The international phones use the same chips as the TMOUS phones. How come you don't want to update it if your having problems?

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
Once the base band is updated you could flash a stock rom or even restore your own personal back up. The international phones use the same chips as the TMOUS phones. How come you don't want to update it if your having problems?

I definitely want to update, but I doubt i'll receive the OTA to update the baseband since i'm on TMO US..

Looking through the thread looks like no US people have tried. I might give it a shot just for kicks. Hopefully it works.

edit - it looks like it definitely won't work if you're on TMO US, because the update has not been pushed out through TMO's servers. The update comes from the carriers, not HTC directly.

Last edited:

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
anyway problem solved.

ended up getting a replacement from HTC. should be fine.

edit - LOL the replacement came with 0.15 baseband and the kernel from march 29th. retail release versions came with a april 6th kernel and 0.16 baseband.

now i'm clueless. just wait a couple weeks and maybe process another exchange.

Last edited:

suhailtheboss

Jun 25, 2009
Kansas City
haha well my replacement phone came....

still had the same 0.15 baseband as the original pre-release version.

i assumed the replacement would be updated, apparently i was wrong. I might just hang onto this one for a month or so without rooting or unlocking the baseband just in hopes they push an OTA to update my baseband.