[Q] what is the gallery app syncing to and from and how do I turn it of

Search This thread

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
So I just updated to jellybean and I noticed that the gallery settings has syncing options I have all syncing disabled well atleaast I thought I did but my google account said it did a sync today. They all say disabled under settings but in gallery app my google account has a green sync button next to it. Where in the hell is it syncing to and from?

update:so I've been reading that the stock gallery auto syncs to web services can anyone confirm this? Also I definitely can't seem to disable it. Account is definitely disabled in settings menu under sync, just enabled in the gallery

Last edited:

Salvation27

Jan 10, 2012
Do you have a sd card in your device?

There's a problem called "Media Scanner," don't know if this is the issue you've been having- however I had it at first. Was able to get rid of it tho!
I had all my music on my SD Card (40GB) and it constantly scanned/ tried to sync.

If this isn't the problem- check to see what services are running, and then you can assess which might be problematic

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
Do you have a sd card in your device?

There's a problem called "Media Scanner," don't know if this is the issue you've been having- however I had it at first. Was able to get rid of it tho!
I had all my music on my SD Card (40GB) and it constantly scanned/ tried to sync.

If this isn't the problem- check to see what services are running, and then you can assess which might be problematic

I do have an sd card installed but I dont think its that it seems to be a gmail account syncing but I have all accounts disabled in settings heres a screen shot of the gallery settings with syncing seemingly active

Attachments

• 1361572079218.jpg
    1361572079218.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 70

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
Apologies for bumping this but I still cant remove my gmail account from the gallery in jelly bean I dont see why its there and why it cant be removed see attchment in above post. I did remove the account in settings but its directly linked to android market and I dont see why it need tok be there anyone got any ideas thanks.

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
Apologies for bumping this but I still cant remove my gmail account from the gallery in jelly bean I dont see why its there and why it cant be removed see attchment in above post. I did remove the account in settings but its directly linked to android market and I dont see why it need tok be there anyone got any ideas thanks.

Make sure ur google account is set not to sync picasa. Then
Go to the gallery app in SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS. Then clear cache and data. Should be good to go.

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
Make sure ur google account is set not to sync picasa. Then
Go to the gallery app in SETTINGS, APPLICATIONS. Then clear cache and data. Should be good to go.

Thanks for the reply dont have picasa so not a problem I've disabled sync for everything but contacts under google and cleared the cache and data, but for some reason my google account is sitting in in the gallery settings menu with a highlighted sync symbol next too it. Although I am unsure if it will sync anything I would just like it gone all the same.
Thanks.

supernoctem

Jul 19, 2012
Pretoria
Redmi Note 8
Also check your cloud settings under device settings, there might be something there syncing your photos. I had Dropbox in there.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
Also check your cloud settings under device settings, there might be something there syncing your photos. I had Dropbox in there.

Yeah have dropbox but sync is off and folders removed from gallery, dont no its just my google account I assume its sitting in everyone elses gallery settings like that right? See attachment above

Last edited:

supernoctem

Jul 19, 2012
Pretoria
Redmi Note 8
Under Accounts, Google Account, make sure "Sync Picasa Web Albums" is disabled. Then clear the Gallary cache and Data in Application Manager.

Worked for me.

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
Under Accounts, Google Account, make sure "Sync Picasa Web Albums" is disabled. Then clear the Gallary cache and Data in Application Manager.

Worked for me.

Ive read about people having picasa sync problems, I cantmfind anything related to picasa on this tablet is it a preinstalled thing or is it only there if you install picasa?

supernoctem

Jul 19, 2012
Pretoria
Redmi Note 8
I don't have picasa installed, but it is there. I think it comes from Google+ or might just come from your google account itself.