Screen protection

Search This thread

kenrw7

Dec 19, 2012
Hi, ive all ways had a screen protector fitted to my phone but it does need replacing as it absorbs the daily use. Can anyone provide their experience of the gorilla glass resistance to every day use using their phone without a protector.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

SFG

Dec 23, 2010
Had my phone from the beginning and have never had a screen protector. My screen has endured over its life and it could pass as a brand new screen. This phone is designed to be durable. IPhone tender care is not needed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jhall8

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Put new screen protector on your phone. Gorilla glass is just good marketing. Can be easily scratched by speck of dust under your finger. About dropping on hard surface (rocks, grit...) is pointless to speak of.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hi, ive all ways had a screen protector fitted to my phone but it does need replacing as it absorbs the daily use. Can anyone provide their experience of the gorilla glass resistance to every day use using their phone without a protector.

this question/topic has been discussed at least 50 times before and the result is always the same.
-some people never use them and claim no scratches
-some people didnt use one and claim scratches
-and some people (like me) would never use a phone without one

its pointless to go over this issue again. for every yes there will be a no.

kenrw7

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks for all the constructive comments I've decided to side with caution and buy another batch of screen protectors. After all they are relative cheap and offer a front line level of sacrificial protection.

idless

Jul 5, 2012
I have owned my phone since September 2012. Been using protector maybe 2/3 to 4/5 parts of the time. It is the sensible thing to do. Peeled it off months ago as it did began to bug me a little due to 'oily smearing'. Also I figured the 'end life' of the device I would want is as nice as possible. No accidents or detrimental effect seen so far. It Seems possibly a little more durable than I originally thought. That said I am glad had it on so long to minimize risk and will surely use one again as soon as I get a new phone at some point... Also I think there is a very big difference in people's perception of 'normal daily use'. I am generally very careful with my more expensive gadgets (phone included).

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
If someone wish to scratch the screen, just take some sand and spoil with the finger over the screen.

Warning, this will most probably scratch your screen!

vipthomps

Apr 26, 2013
Boston
Didn't have one on initially but the wife and 2 young children seem to think black rectangles are hockey pucks. A few small scratches on the glass later i've started keeping a protector on it. I prefer the glass directly but better to have a scratched and replaceable piece of plastic than the glass thats a pain to replace

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Didn't have one on initially but the wife and 2 young children seem to think black rectangles are hockey pucks. A few small scratches on the glass later i've started keeping a protector on it. I prefer the glass directly but better to have a scratched and replaceable piece of plastic than the glass thats a pain to replace

Black circles and black rectangles are pretty similar. ;)

daro.brussa

Nov 9, 2013
I don't see why you would need a protector. My screen has only one little scratch, and you can't even see it unless you look at the screen off with a really bright light.
Best experience with a screen I ever had. And I'm not just talking about durability. The colors and definition are truly remarkable.

JTC303

Jun 5, 2011
I hate the feel of SPs and never use them...had this phone since release and only have a small faint scratch that's only visible when the screen is off, other than that no issues...small price to pay for the responsiveness I require.

|[JTC MaxxHD]|

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had my phone from the beginning and have never had a screen protector. My screen has endured over its life and it could pass as a brand new screen. This phone is designed to be durable. IPhone tender care is not needed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk