Should I reset the phone

• Nah man I know how to fix it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Talguy

Jul 19, 2012
I love the Moto X. Wanted one when it was first announced and I ended up buyiing the VZW DevEd through the Black Friday sale. Lately I have been having a lot of problems with my phone and Im not sure what is going on and if it is an app update or a system problems but I'll describe the issues I am having and will let you guys suggestion ideas of how to fix it.

1) When ever I open up the stock contacts app it is always saying "Contacts list is being updated". Some times I'll open it up and I can see all the contacts listed correctly but when I select a contact to view its details I just get a blank screen.

2) This might be due to the contacts app, but when every I receive a phone call from a known contact the phone app only provides me with the phone number and not exactly who the caller is as defined in the contacts. Also when I receive a phone call while the phone is locked with the screen off the screen does not light up but the ring tone is played. Even picking up the phone does not light up the screen. I have to hit the lock button which silences the phone then hit it again to light the screen up then I can select answer or end call. Thats all hoping the caller is still callling me as this process takes a while.

3) Kind of the samething above but with the stock clock app and an active alarm. The phone has been super laggy that I can't silence or snooze and alarm in the morning quickly. I have to place my finger on the ring wait a few seconds to see it light up that I have selected the ring then I can move it to dismiss or snooze. When I select one of those options and let go it will pause on the screen and stay light for 10 seconds and then the selection will process correctly

4) This may be subjective but I think my battery life right now is really bad. I check the battery stats and it seems fine but when I use it the battery seems to drain really fast.

5) This isn't subjective. Everything is laggy from loading an app to displaying the recently used apps. I've tried uninstalling things, disabling things, enabling things and nothing seems to work. Its especially laggy when going from phone locked screen off to the home screen. It is no where as responsive as it once was. I was even down to 4GB of storage left out of 32GB so I cleared a bunch off the SD card and still its laggy.

So what do you guys think? Should I reset the phone or has someone experienced something similar and knows how to fix it. FYI, I am using Apex Pro as my launcher.

Last edited:

danny39

Jun 26, 2009
Chicago, IL
I love the Moto X. Wanted one when it was first announced and I ended up buyiing the VZW DevEd through the Black Friday sale. Lately I have been having a lot of problems with my phone and Im not sure what is going on and if it is an app update or a system problems but I'll describe the issues I am having and will let you guys suggestion ideas of how to fix it.

1) When ever I open up the stock contacts app it is always saying "Contacts list is being updated". Some times I'll open it up and I can see all the contacts listed correctly but when I select a contact to view its details I just get a blank screen.

2) This might be due to the contacts app, but when every I receive a phone call from a known contact the phone app only provides me with the phone number and not exactly who the caller is as defined in the contacts. Also when I receive a phone call while the phone is locked with the screen off the screen does not light up but the ring tone is played. Even picking up the phone does not light up the screen. I have to hit the lock button which silences the phone then hit it again to light the screen up then I can select answer or end call. Thats all hoping the caller is still callling me as this process takes a while.

3) Kind of the samething above but with the stock clock app and an active alarm. The phone has been super laggy that I can't silence or snooze and alarm in the morning quickly. I have to place my finger on the ring wait a few seconds to see it light up that I have selected the ring then I can move it to dismiss or snooze. When I select one of those options and let go it will pause on the screen and stay light for 10 seconds and then the selection will process correctly

4) This may be subjective but I think my battery life right now is really bad. I check the battery stats and it seems fine but when I use it the battery seems to drain really fast.

5) This isn't subjective. Everything is laggy from loading an app to displaying the recently used apps. I've tried uninstalling things, disabling things, enabling things and nothing seems to work. Its especially laggy when going from phone locked screen off to the home screen. It is no where as responsive as it once was. I was even down to 4GB of storage left out of 32GB so I cleared a bunch off the SD card and still its laggy.

So what do you guys think? Should I reset the phone or has someone experienced something similar and knows how to fix it. FYI, I am using Apex Pro as my launcher.

Try resetting your phone, if that doesn't work, then talk to motorola support. This stuff shouldn't happen and I'm sure Motorola's support team will be happy to help you.

Talguy

Jul 19, 2012
Try resetting your phone, if that doesn't work, then talk to motorola support. This stuff shouldn't happen and I'm sure Motorola's support team will be happy to help you.

So I think I fixed the problem last night with out resetting the phone based on something I mentioned here. I stated that I'm using Apex as my launcher. Not sure why I didn't think of this before, but last night I decided to change back to the stock launcher and closed out of apex in the recent apps menu. Everything got super snappy when going from view to view and launching apps. I then loaded Apex back up and it all seemed to work just fine. This morning when my alarms went off I didn't experience the problem that I was describing about above.

So I'm going to consider this issue fixed, however I will keep an eye on it to see if it comes back.