Looking for a dev to update AOSP Kernel for E980 - $$ Offered

Search This thread

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
So a bit of an update. my wife is on the 30 dollar plan with tmobile. next month google voice shuts down its outside access, so then she will be stuck with only 100 mins. we are looking at switching her back to sprint with the g2. so dunno when but sometime in the next month or so ill be losing access to the ogpro i have, by then interloper will have kicked out a test build for yall and recovery should be sorted out though :)

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
So a bit of an update. my wife is on the 30 dollar plan with tmobile. next month google voice shuts down its outside access, so then she will be stuck with only 100 mins. we are looking at switching her back to sprint with the g2. so dunno when but sometime in the next month or so ill be losing access to the ogpro i have, by then interloper will have kicked out a test build for yall and recovery should be sorted out though :)

Thats the story of our lives with the LG Gpro

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro
Just stop it. Why would u even? We finally get some new development going and someone has to be a smarta$$ about something. :what:

I for one am very gratefully for the recovery work you are doing. Shabbypenguin
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
And I'd like to apologize for the not so intelligent members of XDA... and people wonder why dev's leave XDA...

I thought you were saying that the recovery wasn't working I didn't know he was working on a new one

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
After a week with this phone and having to use lgflash 2x already not to memtion issues with aosp im pretty fed up. Had to revert to slimkat 4.4.2 with stock kernel. I agree we need both a modded madmack 4.4.2 radio and a updated aosp kernel.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

I take it that this project is dead now

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Sadly this phone is outdtated and didnt get dev attention. Most lg devices dont.

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
After a week with this phone and having to use lgflash 2x already not to memtion issues with aosp im pretty fed up. Had to revert to slimkat 4.4.2 with stock kernel. I agree we need both a modded madmack 4.4.2 radio and a updated aosp kernel.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Sadly this phone is outdtated and didnt get dev attention. Most lg devices dont.

2SHAYNEZ

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Deleted I didn't mean to quote

2SHAYNEZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, im no kernel wiz by any means but i know my way around well enough. ill grab source tonight and begin work. might take me a bit as its my wifes phone but should be able to make a slightly better aosp kernel at the very least for yall :)
    We are looking for a developer to keep our kernel updated from this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51770516

The source is on the OP.. Credit to @uppon2 for finding and posting the kernel and @mcaserg for developing it (believe he changed devices and isn't maintaining it anymore).

We are offering a bounty for development.. So far it is up to $100 - I will update if more pledges are made.

$50 - @nerdyblonde
    $50 - @hopsin4444

This is the only known AOSP kernel for our device, and it is outdated and most reported it isn't working too well with 4.4.2. Even though our device is awesome, it doesn't have the publicity it deserves nor the developers. I am trying to learn, but it will take some time since I have never developed for Android before. Thanks all!
    Wow we are really going places now!
    Great work Shabby. Really appreciate you looking in to this recovery mess that we have.

seems only fitting, considering the first recovery you guys had was mine :p
    Posting up a build now. seems everyone who worked on all this stuff felt the need to destroy the kernel source. so im having a bit of touch and go but i think i enabled faux sound as well as voltage control. should also have access to exfat now, all of these are "shoulds" because im digging through hundreds of commits and not everything is merging properly.

either way hopefully this one boots as i went back to my building script, if it does then smaller but more frequent kernel release may happen for a while. source is on my github and downloads are on my website (or if you are lazy you can use my app to download files :p ) please be sure to perform backups before flashing these are still very much testing phase kernels.