[Q] warranty repair?

Search This thread

justsayin

Oct 19, 2010
anyone have any idea how long the turnaround should be on warranty repair? I sent it in from the states and its been over a month and I have had no updates or an ETA. I called support and the guy said he didn't know and the person who would isn't in..... The next call got me the "something happened in the warehouse and I can't tell you when you'll see your device.

I'm usually pretty easy going but they have almost had my tablet longer than I have.

justsayin

Oct 19, 2010
Got an email today finally. Apparently they ran out of stock in the warehouse. Should be mailing out my replacement in another 5 to7 days.

petescou

Feb 2, 2009
it must be because youre in the states you know. i sent my archos 80g9 8gb standard version back last week and got a replacement upgrade 80g9 16gb 1.5ghz turbo version within 4 days. and was quite happy

they dont repair products under warranty. so im thinking you may also get a free upgrade.

i think it will probably be something to do with the us customs . last time i bought something from the states i got 2 bills through the post where the us customs and the uk customs checked through my package and charged me for it.

justsayin

Oct 19, 2010
Still no word of the replacement shipping out. I don't normally ***** but this is kinda silly.

I'm sure an upgrade to 16 Gb or something would soften me up, but that is just not my luck.

dburckh

Jan 26, 2011
Their RMA said would take 10-15 business days in the states after they received it. I was on 3 weeks post receipt with no word. I contacted them via their chat. They said it will be shipping in 2-3 days. So, I guess a month would seem realistic.

Here's hoping I get one of those upgrades!

g1no23

Jul 29, 2010
Orlando
Wow, I hope I don't have to be without my tablet for a month. My RMA'd tablet was just delivered to them yesterday. It is a biatch to read my school books on my laptop.... I miss my G9.

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
oh no! hopefully I'm shipping my device soon once i get a reply back for my repair request...i hope it doesnt take a month

justsayin

Oct 19, 2010
Well I got my tablet back Thursday. They received it on Feb. 2nd and I got my replacement on the 22nd of March. No free upgrade though. I will say that this one seems to have a better build quality than the original. There is absolutely no screen defect at all. It came loaded with ics too.

Also I had to get the plugins that I already bought on this one. It was not too difficult once I filled out the form on their page. I got an email back in less than a day and then just added my device to my account on the website and downloaded it.

g1no23

Jul 29, 2010
Orlando
As much as I love my G9 I am thinking about selling it once it returns from RMA. I am not a big fan of spending $300 on a device to have it sent back for a manufacturing defect and not see a replacement for over a month.

dburckh

Jan 26, 2011
I'm starting to get annoyed. I chatted with them last week and they said it would be 2-3 days. That's was 10 days ago. I talked to them Monday and they said it would ship in today or tomorrow (it's now Weds.). This is getting ridiculous. They have now had the device for over month and it still has not shipped. I jokingly said it should ship Friday (after they said Mon or Tues), I hope I'm that lucky. Frustrated.

rulerofkaos

Sep 26, 2010
I sent my 80 g9 in two weeks ago and didn't hear anything. So I contacted the support yesterday and I've got my replacement today. Unluckily it's no turbo version, so no free upgrade for me :(

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
anyone who shipped their archos: what service did you use. it seems UPS does not insure products shipped?

psiman24

Mar 13, 2012
Kent
anyone who shipped their archos: what service did you use. it seems UPS does not insure products shipped?

Sent mine through the UK Post Office Special Next Day Service (Not sure if they collect international though). Was there and replaced the next day and a new tablet was shipped same day. Only problem is that it was sorted and sent out by them on friday so gotta wait the whole weekend for it now >< .

As for insurance the special delivery next day was insured for up to £500 so well over the actual tablet price.

Psi.

Last edited:

g1no23

Jul 29, 2010
Orlando
Sent mine through the UK Post Office Special Next Day Service (Not sure if they collect international though). Was there and replaced the next day and a new tablet was shipped same day. Only problem is that it was sorted and sent out by them on friday so gotta wait the whole weekend for it now >< .

As for insurance the special delivery next day was insured for up to £500 so well over the actual tablet price.

Psi.

Lucky, us in the US have to wait more than a month for a replacement. I use mine for my school books and had to buy a Kindle Fire as a temporary replacement.

UPS should insure, I use them all the time and get insurance on everything I send out. You can also use USPS or Fedex, they have insurance as well.

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Lucky, us in the US have to wait more than a month for a replacement. I use mine for my school books and had to buy a Kindle Fire as a temporary replacement.

UPS should insure, I use them all the time and get insurance on everything I send out. You can also use USPS or Fedex, they have insurance as well.

well I was looking on the UPS site and it said if I wanted to insure, to use a 3rd party..

dburckh

Jan 26, 2011
Arg

So after 5 weeks in Archos' possession, I finally get my tablet back. I'm a very excited. The dead spots are fixed!

Unfortunately, the excitement didn't last long. I now have screen ripples and the lock-ups are worse than ever! The sound still cuts out, but I'm starting to think that is due to a bad sound chip design. The frequent lock-ups could be related to 4.0.5. Time to contact Archos support again.

Jamielawther

Mar 27, 2011
My tablets away tomorrow aswell, Loose Micro USB connection.

It was bought from Currys who told me that they don't repair Archos products, Only a replacement from them, Or a direct replacement if the store is in stock - Which it isn't so when I take it in tomorrow, They'll check over it and deliver a new one out to me next week some time?

Really strange that they don't repair the products ..

Thanks in advance :)
Jamie :)

Ps. If you haven't already - Grab a 3G stick from Amazon, On offer at £35 :cool: http://amzn.to/HbGsxQ

Last edited:

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
26 April 2012 - Archos RMA Status Update - ********** Received
02 May 2012 - Archos RMA Status Update - ********** Shipped

Only took them 4 business days to receive and ship my device. not bad if you ask me ;)

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
I finally got my replacement. guess what....

FREE upgrade to 1.5 ghz turbo edition + 1gb ram

Im so excited!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My tablets going in this week, broken micro USB port. Seems that was the battery issue then. Anyway, hope I get the upgrade too :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

hopefully! tablet is much smoother, apps load faster, browser loads pages faster...hehehe