CM7 Q&A Thread!

Search This thread

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
How would you guys say the battery is on cm7 cause that's a huge factor for me lol

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

The best thing is to do this when your not going to have to have the phone, test the rom. If it barely last 8 hours on your day off then it wont work when you need it while working. Each person will get different battery life. I can get close to a day sometimes then others I barely get 12 hours.

Reactions: falcons2

vwgtiturbo1

Oct 5, 2011
Question what bln settings are you guys using for SMS? I can't get bln to work. I have the same settings as I used in FBs VB. When I get a SMS I get a notification the screen stays off bln kicks in and shuts off after 3-5 seconds. Btw I'm using go sms pro.

UPDATE- I should double checked settings before posting. Got it working. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Last edited:

smontero

May 3, 2012
i did but first off my normal heimdall doesn't work and my fronted heimdall tells me that the package i am trying to use is an invalid file size

makavelicruz

Apr 5, 2011
Boston, MA
It means you messed up w your efs folder and that caused the IMEI zero => problem w your phone plan...anw, did you read and stick to the Guide to flash CM7 carefully? (On post no.2)...Did you back up your efs folder from BML carefully? (both backup root/efs folder to sdcard and run efs-backup.zip)...if you are sure that you did all those thing, then do the one-click to stock and then reflash the CM7 (stick tightly to the instruction, backup/restore efs folder carefully) and see if that can solve your problem...

I appreciate your help thank you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

twisted03

May 26, 2012
Need alittle guidence...

Ok, so i flashed cm7 and got it woriking some what...i didnt have the play store to downlaod all of my apps ( and do i didnt have the app to restore all of my apps either )...here is my question when i went to go back to my original rom i had before it failed to load, now i cant get into recovery or download mode...did i just brick my phone...i only ask cuz i dont even get a charging screen when i plug my phone in...

Wodensman

Apr 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Ok, so i flashed cm7 and got it woriking some what...i didnt have the play store to downlaod all of my apps ( and do i didnt have the app to restore all of my apps either )...here is my question when i went to go back to my original rom i had before it failed to load, now i cant get into recovery or download mode...did i just brick my phone...i only ask cuz i dont even get a charging screen when i plug my phone in...

Your first problem could have been solved by flashing gapps, your second issue... lol. Get SGS Kernel flasher from the store and flash a kernel with it that has CWM.

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Your first problem could have been solved by flashing gapps, your second issue... lol. Get SGS Kernel flasher from the store and flash a kernel with it that has CWM.

Hard to get the kernel flasher when your phones soft bricked.

OP

Did you do a nand restore from the new kernel? If you did that's why you soft bricked. Get the heimdall one click and flash it. Flash it again with bootloaders just to be on the safe side. Look in the wiki for how to get into DL mode with the two button combo. If you still can't get into DL mode you may be hosed.

Last edited:
Reactions: twisted03

twisted03

May 26, 2012
i can get into dl mode but that one click never worked for me so i went the odin route again, which is fine with me...i have the bootloaders installed and odin installed but the links that i used before arnt working and im kinda in a f it mood right now. and thank you for actually reading my post, yes it is hard to download from the market when there is no market to download from...right now im at the point where i need to add the pda, csc, phone etc. files but the link i used before doesnt seem to be working and i dont know where else to find those files. did a search and got nothing...

and no on the restore...

i just wanted to get back to cwm red that was all...

Last edited:

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
i can get into dl mode but that one click never worked for me so i went the odin route again, which is fine with me...i have the bootloaders installed and odin installed but the links that i used before arnt working and im kinda in a f it mood right now. and thank you for actually reading my post, yes it is hard to download from the market when there is no market to download from...right now im at the point where i need to add the pda, csc, phone etc. files but the link i used before doesnt seem to be working and i dont know where else to find those files. did a search and got nothing...

and no on the restore...

i just wanted to get back to cwm red that was all...

Have you tried thomas.raines gremlin remover? It's an Odin one click. One stop shopping.

Sent from a hole in the time space continuum.

Reactions: twisted03

twisted03

May 26, 2012
Have you tried thomas.raines gremlin remover? It's an Odin one click. One stop shopping.

No i havent but i will give it whirl...thanks

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Kyndigg66, i would like to thank you for your help, i ran the gremlin remover and i now have my phone back...thank you

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
No i havent but i will give it whirl...thanks

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Kyndigg66, i would like to thank you for your help, i ran the gremlin remover and i now have my phone back...thank you

Thank thomas. It's his baby ;)

adobrakic

Aug 7, 2008
Does anyone get a force close from the market when trying to install apps from the web-version of the market? As soon as I hit 'install' on my computer, the market crashes on my phone.

thegoo

Sep 10, 2011
Saint Paul
Vibration!

For the life of me, I cannot find where to turn the vibration off. Meaning, every time I'm in a phone call and move the phone away from my ear it vibrates, it vibrates on answer, it vibrates on hang-up, on messages. It's driving clients and I nuts. They say it sounds like a train horn on their end. I've unchecked every vibration option in every menu. I think I'm missing one here. Thanks for the help!

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
You can turn off the "vibrate on answer/hang up" in settings/call settings, and then under settings/cyanogenmod-settings/sound you can turn off the "vibrate during calls" which will turn off your on-call notifications. I prefer both settings off as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

Last edited:

brandonc0526

Apr 25, 2011
Miami
For the life of me, I cannot find where to turn the vibration off. Meaning, every time I'm in a phone call and move the phone away from my ear it vibrates, it vibrates on answer, it vibrates on hang-up, on messages. It's driving clients and I nuts. They say it sounds like a train horn on their end. I've unchecked every vibration option in every menu. I think I'm missing one here. Thanks for the help!

Settings>call settings

thegoo

Sep 10, 2011
Saint Paul
You can turn off the "vibrate on answer/hang up" in settings/call settings, and then under settings/cyanogenmod-settings/sound you can turn off the "vibrate during calls" which will turn off your on-call notifications. I prefer both settings off as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

Every "vibrate" option is turned off in every menu. It's two significant "vibrates" when it happens. That's why I'm puzzled and was curious if I was missing something. Why would the proximity sensor cause it to vibrate when I move the phone away from my ear?

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
Use something like titanium or my backup pro and create a backup of your apps. One click to stock kj6, then one click antonx's kernel. Reflash the rom and see if it fixes it. Sometimes in these alpha/beta builds there are sneaky little bugs that only affect certain peoples phones. This might be one of them and you are the only person currently affected.

Domunus

May 13, 2011
R11 & R11 w/TWRP build

I was wondering if anyone else is or has experienced the following issues with Team Acids Unofficial CM7 R11 builds.

Fixed R11b - Wireless works fine but front facing camera image is completely distorted. Video and back camera are fine.

Fixed R11b w/TWRP - Wirelss will not turn on, just says error. However, now front facing camera works fine.

I had originally just wiped cache, so I did a backup and then did a full wipe and tried R11B-TWRP. Same results. So I went back to R11B with full wipe and wireless works again but front facing camera is still broken.

I didn't see anyone else report these issues, or may have overlooked it.

BTW, TWRP is awesome.

jfernandezv

Apr 24, 2011
Cm7

HI to everyone!!!!
I need to know if Cm7 Need diferent usb drivers for Download mode.
Am trying to get back to Bml With odin and I can't. I did reed the whole Q&A and I just don't
Like heimdall because cause me problem before. Odin is better for me and I need little help in
this case. Also I did use the right usb port and the usb cable is fine. Windows 7 64 bit install drivers direcly from internet. In my case it didn't and steell not reconice mi Phone.
Cm7 is one of the best Rom for me not matter the limitation it have for now.
Sorry for my english, is the first time I haved write or ask for someting in this forum
and I am new with a litte of experience. Thanks for any recomendation and thanks to all developers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Loosing sleep

I'm loosing sleep anxiously awaiting R11. Anyone else having this issue?
    Since we didn't have a Q&A thread for CM7 here it is. We've been getting more users asking questions on the development thread, so hopefully they'll notice this and ask their questions here:

BEFORE YOU ASK
    Read the instructions
    Installing_CyanogenMod_7

Here's the development thread where you can get all your downloads
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618016
    +1 Congrats! Though I think you deserve RD status!

I'm planning to re-apply for RD sometime at the end of summer when I know I'll have some more projects uploaded.
    As I said in the dev thread. I have the paid version, but I only have the free app installed from the market. It'll automagically recognize that you have a kernel that supports voodoo sound so you don't need to go around editing the build.prop, which isn't such a great idea. We tend to use the build.prop in things like AROMA to be able to detect to some degree what ROM you're running on what phone, so maybe you should change it back. Trust me, it works for sure without the paid app, which is why we were trying to get Voodoo Sound in the kernel for so long (thanks AntonX ;))
    When max pushes out release 11 of the rom we'll no longer need the efs-backup and efs-restore zip files. I just posted a patch that fixes the issue with the cm7 installation procedure that wasn't making the backups, so now you'll be able to flash cm7 with only the update.zip file, directly from CWM