Anker Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker 4W

Search This thread

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
http://www.ianker.com/product/99ANSP9901-BSA

Anker Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker 4W

Manufacturer Description

Experience your tunes in high definition and surprising fullness realized through a 4W / 2in driver and bass port - outclassing other similar-sized portable speakers.
Unrivalled 15 to 20-hour playtime powered by a built-in rechargeable 2100mAh Li-ion battery.
Automatically connect to the last-connected device when turned on enables one-step music streaming. Compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices (2.1 and over). 3.5mm audio port for non-Bluetooth devices.
Outstanding connection range of up to 33 feet. Built-in microphone with a 2-feet pickup range allows the speaker to double as a speaker phone.
Package contents: Anker® MP141 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, micro USB cable, 3.5mm audio cable, travel pouch, instruction manual. 18-month warranty and free lifetime technical support.

Build Quality/Design

The speaker itself is a basic compact cube design. Like recent ravpower products, it’s a two toned grippy matte black finish and dark gray. The matte finish is a finger print and oil magnet however.

Its built like a tank as nothing loose or flimsy about it. The grill, unlike other speakers, doesn’t seem to bend easily when pressing on it. The bottom has a rubber not slip pad so it won’t move around so much. Holding it in hand, it has a great feel to it that just screams quality.
The side had the micro usb charge port with LED indicator, power switch and the AUX port. The Aux port is for any device that doesn’t have Bluetooth. You can attach said device with the supplied 3.5mm headphone cable. The front has three buttons; Volume up, Volume Down and Play. At the top front is a nice blue led power LED that’s not annoyingly bright. Last, at the bottom of the front panel is a mic when picking up calls and such.

LED indications:

Side power Red LED:
Blinking Red: low power (the speaker will also announce/say, “battery low””
Steady solid red: charging
No light: fully charged

Front Blue connectivity LED:
Blinking Blue: pairing mode (device and speaker not connected yet)
Solid Steady Blue: Speaker and device are connected

Functions/Performance

Sound

I’ve had cheapo Bluetooth speakers before such as targus and rocketfish but these sound soooo much better than those. I’ve heard a lot more expensive Bluetooth speakers such as UE Boom, Logitech and Beats pill and the anker more than keeps up with them.
At max volume, it doesn’t distort which is a very big deal as a lot of speakers have that problem. I was pleasantly surprised how loud and the quality when at full volume.

There are 2 ways to raise the volume. First is on the phone/device itself and then on the speaker itself. So you set the speaker at highest volume, then adjust it via the device. However if you set it at the lowest volume on the phone, no matter if you press the volume up on the speaker the volume will not go up. Hope that makes sense.

You can use it as a “headset” while making calls. If a call comes in a quick press of the “play” button answers the call. Holding the “play” button denies the call. The mic is best used within 3 feet. After the 3ft the quality drops. So don’t expect to be able to use it from across the room or anything.

***Note, you can set your phone to pick up calls via the phone instead of the speaker on the Bluetooth settings for the speaker**

To make a call, hold the “play” button until the Google Now prompts you to say the name of the person you want to call.

The battery lasts up to 20hrs according to Anker, I’m currently around the 21hr mark and it’s still going strong.

Conclusion

For the Price, I seriously doubt there is a better Bluetooth speaker. Don’t spend a fortune on other name brand speakers and get this one. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.
*Note: Sample was given in return for an unbiased review**

Attachments

• P1040885.jpg
    P1040885.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 133
  • P1040887.jpg
    P1040887.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 121
  • P1040888.jpg
    P1040888.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 114
  • P1040890.jpg