[Q] Stock Apps Keep Re-installing after restart?

Search This thread

LiquidPrince

Jul 25, 2012
So I unlocked my bootloader, installed TWRP and rooted my phone. Next I downloaded titanium backup and uninstalled all the apps that I didn't want like kid mode and fitbit and TV etc... But whenever I restart the phone, all the apps are reinstalled again. Never had this issue on my S4. Does anybody know what's up?

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
So I unlocked my bootloader, installed TWRP and rooted my phone. Next I downloaded titanium backup and uninstalled all the apps that I didn't want like kid mode and fitbit and TV etc... But whenever I restart the phone, all the apps are reinstalled again. Never had this issue on my S4. Does anybody know what's up?

Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree
Not to sure if it will work but won't hurt to try

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
I understand - you're pretty new to this device and maybe to HTC's write protection they invented last year. That's ok mate.

With TWRP installed it's a very simple thing to flash the new kernel. Did you already do some flashing on these devices? I think it's more complicated to get root the first time than flashing a zip from TWRP. :good:

Anyway I'll help you there. Simply download Flars kernel and copy the zip-file to your internal SD-card. Boot into TWRP and choose the install option. Navigate to your internal SD and select that zip file. Start flashing and choose simply the defaults you get offered by the aroma installer. Finish, reboot and the write protection is gone. TB will work as always.

Reactions: LiquidPrince

LiquidPrince

Jul 25, 2012
I understand - you're pretty new to this device and maybe to HTC's write protection they invented last year. That's ok mate.

With TWRP installed it's a very simple thing to flash the new kernel. Did you already do some flashing on these devices? I think it's more complicated to get root the first time than flashing a zip from TWRP. :good:

Anyway I'll help you there. Simply download Flars kernel and copy the zip-file to your internal SD-card. Boot into TWRP and choose the install option. Navigate to your internal SD and select that zip file. Start flashing and choose simply the defaults you get offered by the aroma installer. Finish, reboot and the write protection is gone. TB will work as always.

Thanks a trillion. But this thing was bugging me, so I said to hell with it and just installed the GPE RUU. How I don't have to deal with any of that nonsense since none of the bloat apps are installed in the first place. Now I just have to figure out how to reinstall TWRP and root again... This stuff seems a lot more complicated then just using ODIN on Samsung devices, at least for the time being while I'm still so new HTC stuff.

Reactions: rootrider

rootrider

Aug 21, 2010
Starnberg
I'm using HTC since a couple of years and bought a S4 Mini for my daughter last year. Last week my sister stepped in with her Sony device. Don't ask how long it took me to understand and root these devices... lol.

If you need to know sth about HTC devices simply step in and pm me. But I think you'll be soon familiar with the differences! :good:

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Supposed to. ;)

Kiwicrank

Nov 22, 2010
Montreal
Rootrider. Thanks for your posts on this subject. I too am new to HTC (3 x Galaxys before that).
How do you flash the wp_mod.ko file you posted the link to? Sounds like it will do the trick and stop reinserting of deleted apps.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks a trillion. But this thing was bugging me, so I said to hell with it and just installed the GPE RUU. How I don't have to deal with any of that nonsense since none of the bloat apps are installed in the first place. Now I just have to figure out how to reinstall TWRP and root again... This stuff seems a lot more complicated then just using ODIN on Samsung devices, at least for the time being while I'm still so new HTC stuff.