[Q] About Wifi and data and their battery consumption

Search This thread

Zordak7

Mar 23, 2014
El Quisco
Hello to anyone who read this thread :fingers-crossed:

My question is, when wifi is on, and I'm connected to a network, like home, work, school, etc. If 2G or 3G is also turned on, it isn't transfering data, but, is it consuming battery juice? just a little? or a lot? or none?
It's just that i'm lazy and think it's better that when I leave a wifi area, the phone keeps connected and I wouldn't have to remember to turn it on.
I don't like to use any kind of auto toggler or anything like that, and if it doesn't use battery, think my life would be easier :p

Thanks!

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT

My question is, when wifi is on, and I'm connected to a network, like home, work, school, etc. If 2G or 3G is also turned on, it isn't transfering data, but, is it consuming battery juice? just a little? or a lot? or none?
It's just that i'm lazy and think it's better that when I leave a wifi area, the phone keeps connected and I wouldn't have to remember to turn it on.
I don't like to use any kind of auto toggler or anything like that, and if it doesn't use battery, think my life would be easier :p

Thanks!

Yeah definately don't use an auto toggler those take more battery than they save. And over my years of android use i have never experienced a noticiable loss in battery from leaving data on while connected to wifi you should be just fine leaving it on as far as battery goes. It is true that you device can still use the data connection while connected to wifi (for instance MMS) but really I haven't noticed any extra battery suck.

Reactions: Zordak7

pushkardua

Apr 18, 2012
Delhi
www.androidclaus.com

Thanks!

leaving 3g on while wifi is connected doesn't suck your battery.. however I would recommend you to see that you don't leave wifi on when you are not connected... searching for wifi networks really takes hell lot of a battery :/

Reactions: Zordak7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

Yeah definately don't use an auto toggler those take more battery than they save. And over my years of android use i have never experienced a noticiable loss in battery from leaving data on while connected to wifi you should be just fine leaving it on as far as battery goes. It is true that you device can still use the data connection while connected to wifi (for instance MMS) but really I haven't noticed any extra battery suck.

Thanks!

leaving 3g on while wifi is connected doesn't suck your battery.. however I would recommend you to see that you don't leave wifi on when you are not connected... searching for wifi networks really takes hell lot of a battery :/